Friday, October 15, 2010

Tilda With Basket at Friday Sketchers #124



Gosh another happy Friday to everyone!!! I hope your week has been a most delightful one and that you, along with me, are ready for a magnificent weekend!! Fall is in the air and the colors are quickly approaching peak here in the NC mountains so we are preparing ourselves for all of the leaf-lookers who will soon be arriving!!

And today is Friday Sketchers #124 and we are being hosted by the magnificently creative and talented Aud from Norway who has given us a very exciting and fun sketch. Thank you so much, Aud!! I hope you will come over and play along with us this week so that we can see your interpretation of Aud's sketch. A great prize from Simon Says Stamp will be available for some eligible participant. Be sure to read all of the rules on the sidebar so you will be considered!!!

For my DT Sample Card I made an easel card, which for Christmas cards, is ideal since so many people like to display the cards they receive on mantles, tables, etc. The base is Bazzill, the matting is Purple Glitter and Bazzill, and the DP is from the Bo Bunny Winter Joy Collection and a gift to me from the sweet and artistic Suzan. Thank you so much, Sweetie, for this darling line of papers!!! The two major panels were machine stitched. A new Tilda from the A Merry Little Christmas 2010 was stamped on Cryogen White, colored with Copics, adding a touch of Stickles, and cut out with a Nestie. I think she perhaps has gingerbread cookies in her basket but I changed them to violets with a touch of lavender Stickles. Isn't she just darling? She will be available very soon I am sure over at Magnolia-licious...so keep on the look-out!! I used organza ribbons and bows for the two horizontals and a Doohickey Vintage Tag for the required elements. I then added a snowflake ornament, violets, and lavender rhinestones as well as a Doohickey Swirl to complete the front. The organza ribbons I used are from Really Reasonable Ribbons and are Purple Organza and Jade Organza in 7/8" widths. The bows were made using the Bow-Easy Tool. It is well worth a trip over to Bonnie's shop to see the lovely colors she offers in my very favorite organza ribbons!!!

For the base panel I added another snowflake ornament and made a horizontal stop with a length of Moss Green Leaves and more violets, finally adding more lavender rhinestones to soften the corners.

I hope you like my little creation and will be able to join us at Friday Sketchers this week. We would love to see your card using Aud's sketch!! Please visit each of the Sassy Sketcher Girls' blogs and let them know what you think of their magnificent creations!!!
Aud, Bea, Claudia, Inge, Janneke, Jeanette, Jorunn, Tanja

Thank you sincerely for your visit today and I hope that you will decide to come back and visit me often. May you have a very delightful day and until tomorrow when hopefully we meet again, big hugs for you!!!

56 comments:

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love the rich purple and teal.

Jennifer

Rufus said...

Pretty! But then your cards always are. Glad you're happy with the cooler weather. We're already being invaded by leaf peepers!
R/

Kimberly S said...

So sweet, and what a gorgeous color combination! :)

Kylie said...

Oh!! She is just gorgeous Jacque!! I love the non traditional colours :) The snowflakes and ribbons are gorgeous too!
Hugs
Kylie

solka said...

oh! so sweet x'mas girly girl! :))

Sandra1968 said...

A gorgeous card with a beautiful colourcombination and great glitter accents.

unicorn said...

Very beautiful card.:)))Cute colored image and lovely little flowers:))))Love the snowflakes:))))

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful, and the colours are gorgeously rich.
Hugs
Kim
x

Jolita said...

It's a beauty Jacque!
Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs, Jolita

Maria Therese said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! And I think your so good at making bows, mine don't turn out so good!!

angelique (anlou) said...

that's gorgeous hun
love the rich colors
just stunning
hugs angelique

ursula Uphof said...

Tilda is looking so smart in those gorgeous colours. Have a great weekend, we are having lovely early summer weather, a bit cooler at the moment which is most welcome after the very hot past 2 weeks. Warm wishes, Ursula

Jessie said...

Beautiful card Jacque!

Knerten said...

A great card, Jacque, I just love the bright colours you have chosen this time :-)
Have a great weekend ! (I'm going to a crafters convention; meeting 100 other crafting ladies all weekend; can you imagine how thrilled I am ? LOL)
T.

Norma said...

Gosh, Jacque, she is so delightful. And your card is always beautifully put together. Wonderful embellishments.

Hugs.
Norma

ewarost said...

Hi! Tilda beauty in purple colors. Today marked the European Day of pink ribbons ... I wish you much good health and have a nice autumn day. Greetings from Polish. Eve
http://ewarost.blogspot.com

Auntie Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie Em said...

Love the colours and your little traveler is precious! I am sure the recipient would love to display your beautiful card all year round, not just for the holidays! It's gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Unknown said...

Very pretty Jacque! Love the colors you chose.
Hugs,
True :D

Papirskreppa said...

Nice colors, and great bows- Hope you enjoy the season. The colors are wonderful at this time of the year. Here in Northern Norway, the trees have nearly lost all their b
leafes, and it has began to snow a bit. Hope you will have a nice weekend. I am doing some housework today. And may be there will be time for some crafting,too.

Donna said...

Beautiful card, Jacque! Love the colors and of course Tilda (and your skillful coloring) always make it special!

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, Sweetie, this little Tilda is as sweet as can be....absolutely precious! What a gorgeous easel card with perfect embellishments. As always, Tilda is colored to perfection. Love the dp Suzan sent you because the colors are not the traditional Christmas colors. A very special and unique card!!!!

Teresa Carini said...

Jacque Good day!
Another beautiful creation! Looking at your card now take the idea to make my most beautiful flourish! thanks for the constant inspiration! hugs!

Bonnie Garby said...

I love the color combo on this beautiful card! And those little snowflakes are a wonderful addition. Beautiful job as always!! Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

beautiful, love the rich color

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, this is so sweet. TFS.

Corinne said...

Beautiful card Jacque! Love the richness of the purples and teal together. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs~
Corinne

Teri said...

Oh, I want to be a leaf peeper!! LOL!! Our leaves are starting to be gorgeous now, too, though, but I'd love to be traveling!!!
Your card is soooo pretty, love the combo of the purples and teals, just lovely!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Suzan L said...

Jacque, you turned the papers that I sent you into a gorgeous Christmas card. I love the new Tilda that you used along with all the wonderful embellishments, especially the snowflakes.
Hugs,
Suzan

yvon said...

Very gorgeous card you have made there. Love the purple and the image.
Hugs, Yvon

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card.....

Margo said...

I love your card as always, it'a a real piece of art !
I love the idea of the ribbons like this and I'm also a huge fan of organza :)
Big hugs to you to and have a lovely weekend!
Margo

Renkata said...

Gorgeous card. I love the ribbon combination and the colours wow they are so delightful together.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Jacque,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Love the bright fun colors!

Kelly Massman said...

I (the non creative) would never have thought to put those colors together--but they are very striking and beautiful! TFS!

Cor* said...

I think I just got her today as part of the Magnolia fall/Christmas surprise collection!! I think...I have to ink her up to find out!! I love your non-traditional colors!! and the easle is perfect!! As always, another FANTASTIC creation.

Candy said...

Beautiful colours Jacque :o)
Another stunning creation!
Hugs, Candy

Danielle Champagne said...

Hi! Jacque, the cold rain is falling in Montreal, no sunshine here, just my smile! I love all the shades of blue you married here, your Tilda is soooo cute. Love the glitter.
HUgs.
Danielle.

megline said...

Very cute, great choice of colors,
Hugs, Line

MarieL said...

What a fantastic color combination. I love the vivid purple paired with the teal. It is so stunning. Terrific card, Jacque.

Christine said...

Such a beautiful card, Jacque! I love that color combo! Love the new Tilda, too... I need to get my new ones inked up! :)

Aud said...

Wow, this is sooo beautiful!♥♥♥
Love the colors you've used, and how you mixed flowers and snow flakes!

Hope your weekend is wonderful, sweetie!

Big hugs,
Aud

Janneke said...

Your card is beautiful Jacque ...
Love the colors and the stamp is lovely
Have a great weekend

Hugs, Janneke

Unknown said...

oh jacque, your card looks so wonderful and all details are going so harmonic.
have a nice weekend, my dear.
big hugs, bea

lucretia said...

What a beautiful card!

Shazza said...

this is a stunning card Jacque, I love the colours in it x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Its stunning Jacque and gorgeous colours too!
Have a fab weekend hun
hugs and xxx

Rosa Forino said...

adoro questi colori...

Tammy said...

Loving the Purple and the image is just too cute!
smiles...Tammy

Unknown said...

Beautiful card in wonderful colors!! Love the inside too!! So well put together!!

hugs,
Jorunn

Moni said...

Stunning card, love it. Hugs,Moni

La Vikinga said...

Oooooo - and those pretty and strong colours? New style? Beautiful Jacque!! Beautiful!
Charlotta

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous card Jacque! You've used such beautiful colors:-D

Inge xx

Lisette Morris said...

Adorable, such a beautiful blue! Wonderful card!

Sarah said...

This is so beautiful Jacque xxx