Friday, October 29, 2010

Fairy Snow at Friday Sketchers #126



Happy Friday everyone!!! I hope you have had a wonderful week and are looking forward to the weekend. I am running a bit late with my life because I went on a little getaway to Atlantic City from last Saturday morning until Wednesday evening. It was a very nice break from my everyday humble surroundings. All of the glitz, flashing lights, and NOISE is fun for a while BUT when it's time for the quiet of home, IT'S TIME!!!

This week at Friday Sketchers we are being hosted by the talented Claudia who has designed a fun sketch for us. We also have a nice prize up for grabs which is being offered by Lauretta's Digital Stamps. I hope you will be able to come over and join with us this week so that we can see how you interpret the great sketch.

For my DT Sample Card I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting, and the DP is from the Bo Bunny Winter Joy Collection...thank you so much, Suzan, for sharing it with me!!! The background panel was machine stitched and the vertical panel was trimmed with a MS French Scroll ATP Punch Set. The image is from the Papilio Fairy Collection and obviously this one is called
Fairy Snow...isn't she beautiful!! She was stamped on Cryogen White and colored with Copics, adding Angel Wings Shimmerz to her wings and Star Dust Stickles to the snowflakes and sleeve trim. For a tiny bit of sparkle and dimension I added small rhinestones in the center of the snowflakes--also a larger rhinestome to the corner snowflake ornament. The horizontal base is lovely ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon-- 1.5" White Pleated Satin and Purple Glitz Ribbon. The bow is easily tied with the Bow-Easy Tool. The floral treatment is made with lavender crystals, flower center bunches, and mulberry roses.

Sorry that I didn't finish the inside but if I get to that today I will edit my posting to show it to you. Gosh!! So much stamping, so little time!! LOL

I hope you like my little creation and will be able to join us at Friday Sketchers this week. We would love to see your card using Claudia's sketch!! Please visit each of the Sassy Sketcher Girls' blogs and let them know what you think of their magnificent creations!!!
Aud, Bea, Claudia, Inge, Janneke, Jeanette, Jorunn, Tanja

Thank you so much for dropping by today to see what's happening here. I always love to read your delightful comments and sincerely appreciate each one of them. Tomorrow I will have my Just Magnolia posting and I hope you will come back and visit me again! Enjoy your day and hopefully I will see you tomorrow!!! Big hugs for you!!!!

40 comments:

gila said...

Was für eine herliche karte, wunderschön
lg gila

Lorraine said...

oh Jacque i just love your card today the colours are beautiful and the image is so pretty.I am glad you had a good break I thought i hadn't seen you blogging i missed you huni.
This weeks challenge sounds good i hope i get time to join in.
hugs
Lorraine xx

My name is Wynneth said...

What a trully fabulous card Jacque and that image is just toooo.... adorable - my fingers are itching to go purchase her, but I'm trying to sit on my hands, this is an expensive time of year for us all :O( I so love your work and keep a permanent link on my blog sidebar directing folk here to check out your amazing creations :o) Glad to hear you had a nice getaway. I'm just back home from a fabulous vacation in Florida - arriving back to the cold and damp UK has not been a pleasant experience, but as you say it's always nice to be back in your own home!
hugs
wynneth
x

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so delicate and sweet! Love the purples and the shimmer. I'll be sure and drop by later to see the inside. They are always so awesome!
Thank-you for sharing! :o)

Teri said...

Oh gosh, Jacque, this is sooo beautiful!! The colors are just so rich and well, wintery looking!!! That fairy is gorgeous!!! And of course, you have colored her to perfection!!! I'm glad you had a great time in AC, but I do agree with you, there's no place like home!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Moni said...

Hi Jacque love this card, fab colouring. Fab image and great details. Have fab holidays. Hugs,Moni

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is a gorgeous card. I just love that fairy image. TFS.

angelique (anlou) said...

wow the card is gorgeous hun
the image is so sweet
i just love your coloring
i'm glad you hade such a great break sweetie
in time it's neded
hugs angelique

Janette said...

Always love to see your cards, this is another gorgeous one, just fab.xx

ribenaruby said...

Welcome back Jacque! Your card is totally stunning, lovable image, so dainty!

Teresa Carini said...

Hi Jacque! how elegant, both the label like the colors! very nice! what you're good! Greetings!

Renkata said...

Hi Jacque,
Very precious and elegant card. Love the snowflake it's so gorgeous.

Unknown said...

oh jacque, your card is really lovely and so adorable with all the sweet details and flowers. love it.
have a nice weekend.
big hugs, bea

Kim. said...

Oh how delightful, love this image and the colours of this card are gorgeous. The snowflake really brings out the image.
Kim xXx

Christina C. said...

Jacque, I am speechless/breathless....this is MAGNIFICENT! This image is absolutely beautiful, colored to perfection!!!!!!
Your stunning embellishments make this creation a masterpiece!!!!

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card! And I just love that Bo Bunny paper...
Hugs, Sandra

♥Gemma♥ said...

A gorgeous card......just love everything about it!
hugs and xxx

Candy said...

Good Morning Jacque.
A gorgeous card!!
Happy to hear you and your Aunt had a nice time in Atlantic City. It is great to know you are back doing ordinary things again.
Love, Candy

PamSpradlin said...

Glad to hear that you had a good time in Atlantic City. I love this card but then purple is one of my favorite colors. l

Diane said...

Glad you a had a great time,but home sweet home is always home sweet home!
Your card is stunning as always,beautiful image,coloring and colors!

Kelly Massman said...

Love the beautiful colors!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

stunning & those are my fav colors!!!! glad you had a good time in AC... hope ya won!

Janneke said...

Great card Jacque ;o)
Love the stamp you used ...
Have a great weekend!

Janneke X

Kimberly S said...

Simply gorgeous Jacque! :)

Sarah said...

Stunning card Jacque, love the image and the colours xxx

helencreaty1 said...

waw beatiful card =),great comb
hugss
have a n ice day
helen

Suzan L said...

Oh My Goodness Jacque!! This card is so darn gorgeous!! You have colored Fairy Snow so wonderfully!! The DP's look so beautiful with her along with the snowflake, the lovely flowers and the sweet little berries!! Oh and I can't forget the beautiful ribbons that you used!! I just love it!!
Hugs,
Suzan

Rufus said...

Another gorgeous card, Jacque! Hope that you had a good time in Atlantic City and brought home some of their money! Yes it's fun, but you're right after awhile all the noise, people and confusion get to you. Welcome home to peace and quiet!
R/

solka said...

sweet card! I love it!))

Anonymous said...

Ohh such a wonderful card!
Love the colouring, it's very beautiful!
Have a nice weekend.

Hugs Jannie.

lucretia said...

What an absolutely great card. Love it.

lucretia said...

What a great card. I love it.

Unknown said...

Stunning card, and the image is one of my all time favorite!!! Looove it!
Wonderful colors and coloring too!

hugs,
Jorunn

Maryann Laursen said...

Your card today is just so amazing Jacque. I just love the colors and how you put it all together, and I sure have to try this sketch, as it looks really awesome.
Your work is as always just stunning hun. Have a wonderful week-end.
Big hugs Maryann

La Vikinga said...

Hello!

Lovely card and I was surprised not to see Tilda or magnolia this time! I save many of your pictures as inspiration; mostly how you distribute the papers and ribbons because I don't have any Magnolias...
Hope you don't mind,

Charlotta

Bonnie Garby said...

Another beautiful card, and the colors are just wonderful! The purple ribbon and your purple dp go together so well with just the right amount of glitz. This is a great sketch and you did a fabulous job with it!

x laura x said...

wow this is so pretty.
x laura x

Kathryn said...

So very beautiful!!! Love the colors you used, Purple is my favorite. I will have to see about getting this stamp, she is perfect. TFS

ewarost said...

Znowu jak zawsze u Ciebie piękna kartka w moich ulubionych kolorach.Bardzo lobię tu zaglądać i podziwiać Twoje śliczne kartki.

*Successful* said...

Remarkable card!!! Be always same talented! Let the inspiration will be always. Yours faithfully Elena from Russia.