Friday, October 22, 2010

Papilio's Lida Getting Ready to Decorate the Christmas Tree at Friday Sketchers #125


I hope you are having a wonderful Friday, wherever you may be!! Gosh, time is flying by it seems and soon we will be in the throes of the holidays everywhere!! So I guess we just need to take a deep breath and get ready for the busy season.

This week I am hosting over at Friday Sketchers #125 and I would love for you to come over and join in with us this week to use my humble sketch so that you would be eligible for a wonderful prize. We are offering a splendid prize which is provided by Carole of Stardust Gems and Ribbon who is sponsoring my week. Carole, thank you a million times over for your generosity.

For my DT Sample Card I used Bazzill for the base, the red matting is PTI, the other matting and the DP is all from the I Believe Collection by My Mind's Eye. All major panels were machine stitched. All of the red matting peeking out was covered with Christmas Red Stickles. I used Papilio's little darling Lida's Ornaments which was designed by the magnificently talented Malin T. Petterson. She was stamped on Cryogen White and colored with Copics, Spica, and a touch of Stickles. For the horizontal I used the 1 1/2" Red Grosgrain, 7/8" Red Organza , with a bow made using the amazing Bow-Easy Tool, which are available at Really Reasonable Ribbon. This time for embellishments, I was really taken by that tiny red cardinal so I used red feathers sprinkled with Christmas Red Stickles. I finally added a little Christmas tree charm, since Lida is getting ready to decorate it, and a few red rhinestones to soften the corners. In retrospect I also added a wee bunch of antique white berries which I found at a local antique store...smile


For the horizontal on the first panel I used the same red organza ribbon and bow and topped them with a touch of red feathers and Stickles. For the jotting panel I added a couple of magical snowflakes and a jotting spot.

I hope you like my little creation and will be able to join us at Friday Sketchers this week. We would love to see your card using my sketch!! Please visit each of the Sassy Sketcher Girls' blogs and let them know what you think of their magnificent creations!!!
Aud, Bea, Claudia, Inge, Janneke, Jeanette, Jorunn, Tanja

Thank you so much for dropping by today to see what's happening here. I always love to read your delightful comments and sincerely appreciate each one of them. Tomorrow I will have another post which is a very special one for me--can you guess what it is??? Just Magnolia is having a special topic for this week (wink) and I would love for you to come back and see me tomorrow when I will offer yet another SPECIAL PINK STUFF surprise!!! Enjoy your day and hopefully I will see you and all of your blog friends tomorrow!!! Big hugs for you!!!!

32 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I just love that image and the papers are great. I will be checking back tomorrow for sure.

angelique (anlou) said...

your card is just stunning sweetie
you see me tomorrow for sure
hugs angelique

Kimberly S said...

Such a pretty holiday card, and I always look forward to seeing how you've decorated the inside too! Just gorgeous! :)

MarieL said...

Jacque, you are on a roll. Everytime I turn around you have posted another one of your fantastic creations. I love the Papilio stamps, especially the older ones. Their faces are so cute. I love that gorgeous feather. What a terrific card, Jacque.

Margo said...

Hi Jacque!
Love your card, stunning as always !!!
I don't know if you do awards but in case you do, there is one on my blog aspecially for you 'cause I love your work and you are great inspiration to me !
Greetz
Margo

unicorn said...

Beautiful card:)))Cute image and lovely color combination:))The inside of the card is beautiful as the front:)))

Hugs Jeni:))

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card!! Love the feather coming out of the bow!

Jolita said...

Gorgeous card Jacque!
It looks great with the feathers.

Hugs, Jolita

lucretia said...

That paper is amazing. Wonderful. Cute card.

Aud said...

Such a gorgeous card, love everything about it!♥♥♥
Your sketch was fantastic to work with, I really enjoyed it! =0)

Have a fabulous weekend away, sweetie!

Big hugs,
Aud

Renkata said...

Jacque dear, your card make me wish is Christmas today...oooopps not today because then I am not ready with my decoration. Beautiful image.
The layout od the card is just fantastic.
Hug's
Renkata

Lenas kort said...

A super cute card :-)

XxJULESxX said...

hi Jacque wow gorgeous card!! i love to look at your blog!

yvon said...

Such a beautiful card. Stunning.
Hugs, Yvon

Christina C. said...

Jacque, this is absolutely PRECIOUS! You know how much I love Papilios and I have been looking forward to your next creation. This is a work of art, my friend! Such a magnificent card, inside and out! The embellishments, as always, perfectly compliment the image.

Danielle Champagne said...

This is so lovely Jacque. I love the color combo so much, and your sketch offers so many possibilities. The inside of your cards always reserve a surprise, I'm looking forward to each of your creations to see what you will come up with, gorgeous snowflakes, and lovely bow.
Hugs.
Danielle

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

beautiful card Jacque!

paperpapier said...

beautiful layouts and stunning embellishment here. Love the bright ribbon sitting on the card and the girl's image is cute. Love the dp and the machine stitching on the card...such a neat and perfect creation!
Wishing you a lovely and happy weekend.
hugs, heaney

Unknown said...

oh jacque my dear, thank you so much for the sweet sketch, i was loving to play with.
your card is also amazing and looks so pretty.
i wish an exciting weekend.
big hugs and lots of love, bea

Moni said...

Stunning card, love the cute image and papers. Great details, Hugs,Moni

Shazza said...

beautiful card as alwasy Jacque, have a good weekend x

Sandra1968 said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card!
Have a great weekend.

Sue said...

Beautiful card Jacque,She looks so sweet.Your sketch is great.Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs Sue

Knerten said...

Beautiful card, Jacque ! Love this girls hair :-)) (*dreaming of thick thick hair*). Your bows are always so perfect; I have to exercise some more with the Bow Easy you sent me; I'm doing my best, but they don't look as good as yours.. I guess pratice makes perfect, isn't it ?

I'll be back tomo looking fwd to seeing your pink creation :-)

Shirley N said...

A very pretty card Jacque, inside and out! I hope you are getting your energy back. Take care!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Lida is just so cute!!
Wonderful decorated on the inside too!
Love those papers!

hugs,
Jorunn

Maryann Laursen said...

Another wonderful creation dear friend. I really envy all your stunning work, It´s amazing and I just wish I could color anything like this and also get all these great ideas to how you set them up. Gorgeous work hun.
Biiig hugs Maryann

♥Gemma♥ said...

This card is gorgeous inside and out!
hugs and xxx

Teresa Carini said...

Hi Jacque! how beautiful your card! how nice the details of the red feathers! and very pretty picture!

Kim. said...

Such a delightful little image and a beautiful card, lovely colours and embellishments.
Kim xXx

Lenoria said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love browsing your blog.

Suzan L said...

Jacque, This card is so darling...love the cute image that you used along with the wonderful DP's and the feather as an accent.
Hugs,
Suzan