Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Stop!!! And Smell The Tulips!!!



Happy Tuesday!!! I hope that you are having a magnificent week!

One of my bestest friends on-line and soon to be for REAL sent me this darling stamp and it arrived yesterday...Thank you sooooo much, Trixie Lee!!!! I was sooooooo scared to try it but I was just itching to get her cute little face all inky and decided to make my card for The Next Level this week which challenges us to use buttons and bows. If you have not visited this fairly new challenge blog you should waltz over and see what beautiful DT cards have been made this week. And don't forget, next week I am Guest Designer and I certainly want you to come see me then!!!! I am so excited AND nervous!!!!

For the front of my card I HAD to use this darling Doraline With a Bouquet of Tulips from a new Canadian company Motivet. I used Bazzill CS for the card base, SU Real Red for matting, and Spring Rain from the PTI Bitty Dots Basic paper pad. Doraline was stamped on Cryogen White, colored with Copics and a tiny touch of Diamond Glaze on her black patent shoes, and cut out using Blossom nesties. The band of wide red satin ribbon is from Honeysuckle Hollow which has a splendid ribbon and vintage section, and the blue is PTI Spring Rain grosgrain. The red tulips in the corners are buttons and the triple flowers are all from Crafty Feeling in the UK. The centers of the flowers and the 2 other corners are Icons red rhinestones. To finish the front I made 2 tiny red organza bows with a Bow-Easy.




I used the same papers and ribbon and nesties on the inside and in the same basic sketch as the front...adding some more tulip buttons and smaller red rhinestones.

Thank you so much for dropping by!! I hope you will take a moment to let me know what you think of little Doraline and will come back often. I just love having you visit!!! Hugs!!!

29 comments:

Motivet said...

Very cute card, Jacque!

Kelly Schelske said...

So very cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your card, Jacque!!!!!!!!!! Soooo darling and sweet. Wonderful embellishments. Your cards are all uniquely "you". Hugs, Christina C.

Danni said...

I had to double check if I was at the right blog..not a Tilda!! LOL!
Still totally adorable though! Love it!

Moni said...

FAb card, love the image and the paper is fab! You will be great next week at The next level! hugs, moni

Elaine said...

Fabulous, Jacque! Love the papers and the flowers.

Looking forward to seeing your work for The Next Level challenge!

Ann said...

Oh wow Jacque what a beautiful card, and my goodness you have certainly done this lovely stamp justice, the colouring is absolute perfection. Thank you for your tremendous support on The Next Level - we love everything you do for us. Ann xxxx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow you little super star xxxx what a stunninng card Jacque xxxx
totaly cute and adorable and fabulous as always xxx
huge thanks for all your hard work
hugs Dawnxxxxx

Sheri said...

Jacque, I cannot imagine what you could possibly ever be nervous about. Everything you do is sheer perfection!

Rosette said...

Hehe I see you are also a fan of Motivet stamps :)) I visit their blog everyday :)) They are way too cute.. and right .. I also was at the wrong blog!! lol

BEAUTI- FULL card as always my friend! :) You have all my support xxx hugs

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Jacque, your card is so cuuuuuuuuuteee!
I love this stamp!!!! is is so adorable!
and your card is marvelous as always!!
Hugs
Vivi

Carole said...

Oh what an adorable card Jacque! Such a gorgeous image and a lovely colour combination...perfect inside as always!
Hope things are ok.
Hugs
Carole x

Candy said...

Hi Jacque!
Oh isn't she cute!!!! Another beautiful card. Love the colours you have used.
Oh Jacque - don't be nervous about next week! You do such a fab job of everything you do.
Love Candy

Sharon Caudle said...

Too, too cute my friend! I love these stamps and you have made her come to life. No need in ever being nervous. Beautiful work as always.
hugs
Sharon

Dawn B. said...

What.... You diverged. This is adorable. I love the colors you chose. Super sweet image. Can't wait to see more. Even if it isn't a Tilda we still love ya....

Jodi said...

This is a VERY cute image! Love the way you colored her and the colors you chose.
Ahh, more stamps to love!
Hugs
Jodi =)

charlene said...

OMG how cute is that ! You did a great job as always

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh Jacque, was it ever cute. You are not going to be nervous since everything seems so perfect!
hugs,
Cabio

dragon said...

Fantastic card as always.. Love the colours... Love the buttons and just adore the image..

Lynn xx

Jessica G. said...

What a sweet image and beautifully colored! That blue and red combo is always a winner in my book and your embellishments are perfect!!

Jeanette said...

Jacque, sweetie, this is adorable. What beautiful coloring and gorgeous tulips! Just love to visit and see your newest masterpieces! Hugs Jeanette

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh hunny how fabulous is this?
love this card

anni said...

So cute!! Love the little image and what you did with her!!

Monique said...

Oh, that's soooooo cute !! I love it :)).

Hugs Monique

Unknown said...

oh wow really fantastic and sooooo lovely. i lovely the images and your coloration looks really great.
have a nice day. big hugs, bea

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful card sweetie! Wonderful colours and a great layout!

Big Hugs Tanja

Eve said...

Another AMAZING card and layout!! I LOVE these cute little Motivet stamps - gotta get me some of those!!
Hugs
Eve

Kerry D-C said...

Super CUTE Jacque!! As always, your card is as pretty on the inside as the front! Aren't these Motivet the cutest?! and now shipping to the USA!!

Lavender Rose said...

What a cute stamp, I haven't heard of those, don't think they have hit the UK yet! Your card is beautifully crafted, just perfect!