Friday, July 10, 2009

Edwin Goes Surfing on Friday Sketchers 60



A very happy Friday to each and every one!!! And today is Friday Sketchers 60 which is being hosted by the very talented Heidi from Norway. She has made a very fun and interesting challenge sketch for us this week and I hope you will drop over to check out all of the DT cards. Please join with us this week in making your card using Heidi's sketch and uploading it for everyone to see. There is a very nice prize this week so come on over!!! Be sure to link your post back to Friday Sketchers in order to be eligible for the prize!!

I used Bazzill CS for the base of my card, Prismatics for matting, and several papers from the MME Breaking Away collection. I also used a cute Surfing Edwin from the Lazy Summer Days Collection 2009 which is the newest collection and was found in the Summer Kits. This stamp along with all of the other new ones from this collection will be available very soon as individual EZ mounted stamps at Magnolia-licious. I stamped Edwin on Cryogen White and colored him with Copics and a tiny touch of Spica on the zipper and pull, added a couple of MME add-ons, a bit of kitchen twine, and several seashell buttons to give Edwin that beachy, surfin' setting. Finally I added pewter brads to the corners that look like little suns.

For the very simple inside I used coordinating DP, a few add-ons and a bit of kitchen twine.

I hope you like this little surfer boy and will let me know what you think of him. I appreciate your dropping by to see what's in store today and hope that you will come back often. Remember that this coming Monday I am Guest Designer for The Next Level and I would love for you to come by and see what's in store!! I have a surprise for you and don't want for you to miss it!!!

Thank you all so much...enjoy your weekend...and until the next time, bunches of hugs!!

33 comments:

Moni said...

Waw so gorgeous card, and Edwin is so cute. Love all details and fab colouring! You did gorgeous work! Have a fab weekend! hugs Moni

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, Looks like Edwin is ready to Hang 10 in his cute wet suit!! I love the DP that you used and the shell embellishments!! Your card is sooooo cute inside and out!! I can't wait to see the rest of the new Summer Collection!!
Hugs, Suzan

cabio's craft corner said...

OMG, Jacque, the surfing boards and those shell embellishments are super cute. Love your summery color scheme and Edwin looks great!
Hugs,
Cabio

Ann said...

Another masterpiece Jacque,I love how you really put a lot of thought into the design of your cards and all the little extra touches, so very inspirational. Ann xxx

dragon said...

Jacqueline,
I think he is very cute and have only got around to colouring his hair so far...
Your card is super cool and I will look out for him on the beach this afternoon when I arrive at my destination...

Lynn xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful card my dear! so summery! I'm still waiting for my kit, it's so sad!

Have a fantastic weekend! Big Hugs Tanja

Rach said...

wow what a fantastic card, love the details that you have added.. hugs rachxx

Cami said...

WOW! This is one of the nicest Edwin cards I have seen...love this beach/surfing scene you have created. Love the seashell buttons, your surf board on the inside,the DPs etc. Where the heck do you find all these embellies that are so perfect for all your beautifully themed cards? You must have a store in your house! I'm always delighted to see your creations! Hugs, Cami

Eve said...

WOW!!! I love this card Jacque!! Then again I love ALL of your creations!! What an amazingly creative layout!!
Thanks for the inspirations!
Eve

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

I love it! That Edwin is sooo cute! I love all your details!! Your DP is awesome!!
Beautiful card!
hugz
deb

Kerry D-C said...

Awesome, Jacque! Love the surfboards! And the woody car paper! FUN!!

Katie said...

He turned out awesome dude!LOL
Seriously is a rad card Jacque, Cowabunga!

Anonymous said...

Your cards and embellishments simply amaze me.
As I said previously. . . it's uniquely "you"!
Love your Edwin card. Have a wonderful weekend, Sweetie. Hugs, Christina C.

Barb Hardeman said...

Love your 'WOODY" dsp and the sea shells are amazing embellies. Little Surf Boy Edwin is wonderfully colored in his we suit. Great job...

Sharon Caudle said...

Awesome card, Jacque! Love that DP paper you used! It's perfect! Beautiful surfboard too! Your cards are always embellished in just the right way! Amazing job as always my talented friend.
hugs
Sharon

Kelly Schelske said...

Edwin looks awesome! Great ppaers too!

Hugs, Kelly

Jacilynn said...

super cute! the paper and embellishments are just perfect! gorgeous

Danni said...

Another wonderful card!! So funny, I did a surfing card last night too...hehehe! It'll post soon!
Hugs my friend!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Surfer fun Jacquie! Love him and all the perfect embellies too--so summery!

hugz,
Suzanne

Lauren said...

oh WOW, what a cute card! I love the surfboard behind the image - such a nice touch! The twine and sea shells make it so beachy too! I just love everything about it!

Thanks for sharing!
Lauren

Jodi said...

I love your Surfer Edwin!! Those are perfect papers for him too!! Send him over to Hawaii for some fun in the sun... Surf's Up!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Nancy said...

Oh Jacque this is a really cool card! Edwin is colored perfectly and your design paper could not be any more perfect along with all the fine details that you always add to all your cards. You are truely amazing and I do so love it when you have a new card to show us.
Hugs,
Nancy

Vivi Casale said...

Jacque, your card is so pretty!! I love the surf board you put below the Edwin`s image and inside of the card... and the enbellies you used are so just perfect... shells, oh my...!! I had never seem them to use on crafting.. really cool!!
Hugs
Vivi

Anonymous said...

Hi wonderful card as always. I am so grateful that you share your wonderful talent. I am learning so much just by wandering around. Everything is so perfectly matched.
Blessings,
Phyllis Z

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Hi Jacque! What a cute card! Love your coloring.......you do such a great job with your Copics.
My son is a surfer boy/ER doctor & would love that card.
Can't wait to see what you're up to at The Next Level.
Huggies ~

Norma said...

Oh, Jacque, another amazing card from you. Love the colours and as always all the details. And those corner brads, they are to die for. Can't wait what you'll come up with for the Next Level.

Hugs.
Norma

Jessica G. said...

Awesome job on this sketch, Jacque! The surf board looks like it was made for this layout and I absolutely love how you've incorporated the twine and mini seashells!!

Lacey Stephens said...

This is so awesome!! I love the surfboard accent! Can't wait to play along this week.
~Lacey
www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

Susie Sugar said...

This is Gorgeous with a capital G Simply Stunning darling
Love Susie xx

Larissa said...

Great card! You colored Edwin really nice and I love the inside of your card!
Hugs,
Larissa

Eulanda said...

Wow that is so cute Jacque! Love the coloring and the shells are just the perfect touch!!

Carole said...

Wonderful card Jacque, Edwin is such a cool guy!
Fabulous papers and shell details!
Have a great week.
Hugs
Carole x

Simone said...

This card is fabulous!!! I love it!
Simone