Friday, January 29, 2010

Hangin' In at Friday Sketchers 87



Happy Friday, Everyone!!! I hope you have all had a magnificent week!!! My week has been terrific and all because of your kind words, prayers, and best wishes!!! Gosh with so many of your thoughts right next to my heart how can I not be back full steam ahead very soon?!?!? Thank each one of you who took the time to leave me such kind and sweet words...I showed them to the doctor and PA yesterday on my Blackberry...and their response (after fainting...LOL) was to tell me they told me so....smile...But I am on countdown now...and I have my flannel PJ's and socks all ready for whatever!!! hahahah We are supposed to have a foot of snow this weekend so I might be going to the hospital on Tuesday with the Fire Department...but heck, I figure if they can rescue cats from trees, surely they can get me to Asheville to the hospital!!! hahhahah

This week at Friday Sketchers 87 we are being hosted by the magnificently talented and lovely Jeanette from Canada who has given us a lovely sketch to work with...I found that it was excellent for a larger hÄnglar & stÄnglar image that I haven't been able to use before. Thank you so much, Jeanette!!!

I used Bazzill for the card base, PTI for all matting, and all of the DP is BG Sugar Rush...such cute papers, too!!! All panels on the card were machine stitched and the image was colored with Copics. To the outside I just added several coordinating heart buttons tied with twine and made an oval nestie with computer generated sentiment which continues to the inside of the card. The last thing I added was a pair of tiny clothespins to the sentiment oval...I have been waiting forever to use those cute things!!!

For the inside of the card I just added some pink paper doilies, several pink satin Bow-Easy bows, and a heart nestie with the remainder of the sentiment!!!

Please check out all the wonderful sample cards posted by the Friday Sketchers Design team, and hopefully you will play along and post your own creation on the Friday Sketchers blog where you will find that Totally Stampalicious! is sponsoring a very nice prize this week!

Aud
Beatrix
Claudia
Jacqueline
Jeanette
Tanja

Thank you so much for dropping by!! I will have another post a little later in the day with my Just Magnolia card, the winner of the Red Sweet Stuff, and maybe another surprise.....smile!! Enjoy your Friday wherever you are...Big hugs!!!

36 comments:

Christina C. said...

OMG Jacque, your card is magnificent....you know how much I love those Hanglar cuties!!!
You presented that special image beautifully.
Love the pink doilies, papers and all the other
embellishments.
My thoughts will most certainly be with you on Tuesday. Love and hugs, Christina

Larisa said...

Jacque the card is so nice. I love the pastel colors a lot!!!! It is wonderful!!!

Sarah said...

Your card is amazing, I love the image and the colours and your detailing ia fab. Best wishes for next week xxx

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!!

Unknown said...

Hi Jacque,
Beautiful card hun. I will be thinking about you next Tuesday - I am sure all will be good for you. Keep smilin!!! Apart from anything else, it makes people wonder what you've been up to.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...

oh what a gorgeous card, I have some of those mini clothes pegs but have never used them now i have inspiration :)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Just wonderful, right down to the buttons and the clothespins!
Hugs
Tanya

Sharon said...

Hello my friend, I've been so worried about you. Did pop you an email privately and no response, but then you've been a busy lady. A beautiful card, love those heart buttons, I need to find some out our way. Love your colour scheme too. Take care dear, tons of hugs, Sharon xx

Danielle said...

A wonderful card Jacque! The image is adorable and your embellishments are perfect! I love the finished inside of the card - those hearts are so beautiful! Good luck for next Tuesday - I'll be keeping you in my prayers for sure.
Hugs, Danielle

charlene said...

Jacque your card is beautiful ! I am glad to hear from you... you have been on my mind and heart. I hope Tuesday goes just perfect and your worries will be no more !
Big hugs

Davi said...

Oh my that image is just fabulous and the coloring, dp and inside hearts are terrific!! I love it. Wonderful to be lifted up by so many isnt it?? Blessings!!

Jessica G. said...

Jacque -- you will definitely remain in our thoughts and prayers during your first round of treatments; hope the weather behaves for you!

Beautiful card! Those H&S images are just adorable and the colors you pulled from the BG DP are awesome -- so fresh and happy, perfect for Valentine's day! Wonderful sentiment, especially with those cute mini clothespins!!

Nancy said...

now isn't this jsut the most adorable card..I love the softness and that image really rocks!!!

Suzan L said...

Jacque, Your card is so sweet!! And, I love the little Hanglar girl!! You have colored her in so wonderfully...I love the softness of your coloring!! The DP's and the embellies that you used are wonderful too!!
Sweetie, You know that I will be thinking about you on Tuesday with my whole heart!!
With Love and Hugs,
Suzan

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave Blog Printable Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: [29 Jan 02:00pm GMT]).

Country Mouse said...

Super adorable card!!! I LOVE that image and you did wonders when making this card!!! I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Jacque, this card is just the most precious!! I love hAnglar stAnglar images, and look at you, you've got some!!! That Sugar Rush paper is just fabulous! Love the bright and non tradtional Valentines you can make with it. I'm sure praying for you and hope Tuesday goes well for you. Hugs...Barb

dragon said...

Stunning colours in this card Jacqueline..
Using one of my favourite H&S stamps too..

Lynn xx

Deb (dcorder) said...

Always love a Hanglar card!! This is fabulous - I love the scene (and the mini clothes pins)!!

Nancy said...

Hi Sweet Jacque,
What a beautiful card! I love the H&S stamp and the colors that you have colored her perfectly in. Love the hearts and the cute little clothes pins how perfect!
I am praying for you and sendng positive thought your way.
Biggest of hugs,
Nancy

Moni said...

Hi Jacque, stunning card, so love the Hangler image and fab colouring! So love all details! And inside of the card is gorgoeous! Hope you are ok! Have a fab weekend! Hugs,moni

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jacque,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Imke said...

I love the soft colors, the scenery and at least your coloring. Fantastic !

Tineke's hobby said...

Your card is amazing, I love the image and the colours
GR Tineke

Caroline D. said...

Hi - This card is absolutely fan-tabulous! I love everything about it. The colors are wonderful. I from NC too near Winston. We're supposed to get 10-18 inches too.

Diamond Doll said...

Another gorgeous card Jacque,I love those Hanglar images so cute.
Take care
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Shirley N said...

Hi Jacque! I am so thinking and praying for you! We will ALL be there with you in spirit on Tuesday--you will not be alone in this. Your card is so adorable--love everything down to the clothes pins! Keep your spirits up. Take care sweet friend!

Aud said...

Your card is a true beauty, sweetie! I love the colors and your papers, the image is just too cute!♥

I keep you in my thoughts, sending you warm get well hugs!

Aud
xxx

Unknown said...

wow jacque your card is amazing and so wonderwonderful.
i send you all my best wishes and thoughts.
big hugs, bea

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love your card Jacque and you always add just the right embellishments to each card...how the heck do you do that! Have a great weekend:)

Grenouille Greetings said...

I love this image (I used it myself very recently) and I love your colouring and design. Truly beautiful! With warmest wishes, Lesley

Anonymous said...

Dear Jacque..your card is just adorable...I love this cute Hanglar image and you have matched your accents perfectly...as always!
Thinking of you my friend.
Hugs
Carole x

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful card my friend! I'm thinking of you :)

Have a lovely weekend, big Hugs Tanja

Alleena Burger said...

Beautiful card and I adore those heart doilies!!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a darling card, Jacque! She's as cute as can be.
More prayers going up for you, sweetie! Praying that all goes well on Tuesday & the Fire dept doesn't have to carry you there....lol......oh wait.......maybe that's not such a bad idea........cute firemen ya know. LOL)
Huggies coming your way ~
Sharron ♥

Tonje said...

Love the colours in this card. And the buttons are so cute!