Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tilda Picking Sweetpeas at The Next Level



Happy Wednesday Evening Everyone!!! I hope that each of you is having a magnificent week!! It has been so hot in these mountains that my energy level is waning!! Or maybe it has nothing to do with the weather...lol

This card was made for the new challenge group The Next Level. However I combined the challenges for Weeks One and Three (Ann, I promised, right?)...making and using Lollipop Flowers and the following sketch:

This is a new challenge group which is very interesting and educational. Ann(Madge) and Dawn are doing an exceptional job in providing techniques, sketches, instruction, challenges, hints and tips, tutorials, etc. They are definitely to be commended for the exceptional contribution they are making!! Have a peek and see if you don't find alot of material that is very helpful!!



I used Bazzill CS for the base, PTI CS for matting, and the DP is a combination of Victorian Romance Pastels by Creamotion of the Netherlands and Papermania Signature Blueberry Hill from the UK. I absolutely love both of these paper collections but I know that one of them is no longer printed...sigh. I also used little Tilda Picking Lilacs (except my little Tilda is picking sweetpeas) and also the sentiment May Your Day Be Special, both from the Chasing Butterflies Collection 2009. Both of these are available at Magnolia-licious. Please go and check out Diana's present stock of stamps...you will be so amazed at the selection! And she provides free shipping to the US and Canada for orders of at least $50; for orders of less than $50, shipping is just $2.50 to the US and Canada!!!

Little Tilda is colored with Copics on Cryogen White and to make the sweetpeas I used Flowersoft--interesting stuff to give a really different look to your card and it adds so much dimension!! You can see that I made TWO lollipop flowers using the instructions provided on The Next Level blog and added pre-gathered lace to the arch on the front. One of the flowers was placed on the tag along with some really neat ribbon from the April Bloom Kit at Crafty Feeling in the UK. The buttons are from a vintage blouse I found in a local shop.

I did quite a bit of stitching on this card--both zigzag and straight. I also made use of plain and scalloped round nesties and MS punch.



I hope you like this little cutie and will leave her a message!! Thank you so much for dropping by and we hope you will come see us often!! Until the next time be safe and happy!!! Hugs to all!!!!

42 comments:

PBrown9624 said...

What a sweet card! I love the sketch you used as well as the flower soft. Awesome card Jacque!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors! Love the sketch too. Unique. Flower Soft is a lovely embellishment medium. Together it makes a very pretty card -- as usual!
When you sew on a card do you use a regular sewing machine and thread? I have never tried sewing on paper. It won't hurt the machine? Clog it up with paper "dust"?

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful!! Love the papers, the flowers you made, the design, and of course Tilda. It's gorgeous, Jacque! Amazing detail! hugs!!

Jodi said...

I love these pretty papers and all of your pretty embellishments on this card!! Just so adorable and sweet!!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Candy said...

Hi Jacque,
Gosh your papers are so pretty!! This sketch is very different and you have done a great job with it - as usual....I have never seen Lollipop flowers before and really like them.
Your card is very beautiful!!
Love Candy

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, I love this card!! Sweetpeas are one of my favorite flowers!! The DP that you used is beautiful and the flowers that you made are so cute. It tickled me to hear that you found the buttons on a vintage blouse. You are always finding the cutest things.
Hugs, Suzan

Unknown said...

Jacque
I just love your stories. They are so much fun. Love the colors and paper. She is truly a "Sweetpea".
Sharon L

Ann said...

Wow, wow, wow Jacque, that is all I can say - your card is absolutely stunning and yes you managed to combine the two challenges for The Next Level so beautifully. Your work is just stunning and really inspirational. Thank you, Ann xxxx

dragon said...

Jacqueline,
Amazing as always... I love the idea of the vintage buttons..
A few months ago I bought a new nightshirt just for the lovely buttons and I also bought a pair of Pyjamas just for the beautiful coloured ribbon that they put on the inside to hang them up...!
I must invest in some lovely pastel coloured papers.. You always inspire me..!

Lynn xx

Rosette said...

Oh what a sweet hunny she is!! Your colouring is perfect, and yipee I managed to lay y hands on a Bluberry pack myself when I went to Gozo two weeks ago! They are yummy I know! Big hugs sweetiem, and thanks for the kins comments you leave on my blog xxx

Nancy said...

Oh Jacque this card is just beautiful! Love your lollipop flowers! I still have to try and make one of those. Your design paper is just beautiful! Love all of the sewing and extra details that you add. And last but not least Tilda is colored to perfection. Love Love Love your card!

Stampin'Piper said...

This card is stunning my friend! I love the colours and the sketch is fantastic, have to try it! Great job!

Have a great day, big Hugs Tanja

Unknown said...

Wonderful, wonderful card. Tilda is so beautiful with the wind blown flowers all around here. Another exceptional original!

Unknown said...

wow your card looks so fantastic and really lovely. i love such quarter circles layouts. your coloration is great.
big hugs, bea

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is stunning, love the use of the lace and beautiful flower, gorgeous Tilda and love the use of the flower soft too.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Jacque the card is so pretty! I love the roses on the DP and the lace is always a perfect addition for me!!! I want to try the stiching but I can't sew a straight line!!!!! Thanks for the link to The Next Level I'll have to check it out!

Hugs
Lena

Katie said...

Jacque I love her!
I did the same sketch yesterday and now I'm scared to show her as she's not as pretty as your sweet Tilda ;)
Wonderful, wonderful card!

Jessica G. said...

Those lollipop flowers are so fun, Jacque -- they remind me of english roses! How perfect to use one as a topper for a bookmark!!

Suzy said...

I love the nested flowers and the flower soft is the perfect touch!

Anonymous said...

This card is jaw-dropping gorgeous, Jacque!!
The papers are sooo lovely and the coloring and embellishments----sheer perfection!! Hugs, Christina C.

Laurel said...

Jacque, This is so beautiful-I love the lace & the lollipop flowers are just amazing looking - I can only imagine how fantastic they look in person! Tilda & her flower soft flowers is just perfect!! The inside of your card is stunning - I love that tag. Hugs

Michele Kovack said...

All I can say is WOW, WOW! WOW!!!!!! GORGEOUS! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

This card is so fresh and lovely. Just wonderful. Great one! :)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow what a stunner xxxx fabulous colours and image
brilliant flower xx and fabulous detail to your card
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

Barb Hardeman said...

This card is just stunning, Jacque! Love those Lollipop flowers. The Flowersoft and lace trim make this card absolutely breathtaking! You do such gorgeous work, truly amazing....

Luke & Debbie Fletcher said...

your card is fantastic, I love the lollipop flowers and the detail on the inside is amazing.

Debs x

Penni said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. Love the Flower Soft.

Hugs
Penni
X

Unknown said...

Love it I have not tried stitching on cards or my layouts yet but I am at my bezzies house this week and bringing home my sewing machine so promise to try after seeing this lovely card. And ooh just love the ribbon honey !!!

Thanks so much for the plug I am just going to have to find another little something to put in with next months parcel for you..

Jayne
xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oohh.. you really took it to the next level sweetie!
what a absolutely pretty card.
love your coloring!!!
hugs
claudia

Jacqui said...

Stunning card.

Kerry D-C said...

STUNNING, as always!! love the sweet pea FS! just gorgeous!

Vivi Casale said...

OMG Jacque, your card is just stunning! I love the paper flower!!
Hugs
Vivi

Bev said...

Such a gorgeous card sweetie, love the delish papers and the sweet little image. And the lace trim is just FAB!! x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow is this ever gorgeous! I love your paper flower, dp, lace, coloring, o.k.....everything about it!!

belle d. said...

i adore your blog, jacque! so lovely~ all of your darling magnolia cuties! tfs this card on scs!
abrazos,mirabella

Cami said...

I did not forget you Jacque, my dear! This card is stunning and I love that lollipop flower you made! How creative (as always!) The papers are so beautiful and I don't know how you manage to find these papers and buttons and delightful jujus you use! They all come together so nicely like you went on a special shopping trip for each card! Great take on this sketch...I think I will try this one. Hugs, Cami

Norma said...

Jacque, another awesome card. As usual your attention to details is amazing. I love everything about this card.

Hugs.
Norma

Anonymous said...

Amazing card Jacque, what beautiful accents you've used. The inside is just awesome and I love the lollipop flowers.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Jacque this is another adorable creation! You are so very gifted!!
--Becca

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jacque I love all of your cards but I really really love this one! The dp you used on the inside is fabulous! I wish we had it here in the US. I love how your flowers turned out. Just beautiful!
Hugs,
Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Lavender Rose said...

Has to be one of the prettiest Tilda cards ever. It is just adorable.