Monday, June 1, 2009

June DT Sketch - Tilda In France



BONJOUR!!!! A very happy Monday to everyone...hello June...and I hope that everyone had a splendid weekend!! It was very warm here in the mountains so I was able to get alot of outside work done. Roses, roses, roses!!!



This month the DT sketch at Magnolia-licious is by Kerry and is really a fun one to work with. Thanks, Kerry, for such a great sketch. The DT Sketch Challenge is now located on its own blog called Magnolia-licious Highlights. A big thank you to Deb for designing the very pretty site and to Sharon for the little Tildas that grace the header at the site. We hope that you will join us this month and post your own cards for the June DT Sketch Challenge on this site!!

I used Bazzill CS for the base, Prismatics Spring Willow Medium for the matting and all DP is Madeline by K&Co. Since I was using Tilda in France from the Spring/Summer Collection 2008, I tried to make this card just as French as the law would allow...lol. She along with all of her non-French friends can be found at Magnolia-licious. Diana has the largest selection of Magnolias in all of North America and has recently received several new shipments so NOW is the time to order those stamps that have been out of stock for awhile. Remember that for orders over $50 there is NO shipping charge for US and Canada orders.

Tilda was stamped 4 times and colored with Copics. Although it is difficult to see in the picture, she was layered, and layered, and layered so that she would be VERY 3-dimensional -- the last 2 layers are the clothes and beret...and then the ribbon/bow on beret. Note: To add some texture to Tilda's clothes I used a small piece of terry cloth sprinkled with Copic Colorless Blender solution and then dabbed on the clothing...I think it gives the sweater an almost mohair look and the skirt a homespun wool look. What do you think?? The sentiment in the lower right corner is a clear stamp from the Madeline Collection and is also propped up for dimension. The Eiffel Tower charm just HAD to be there!!




I tried to carry the pink/green theme throughout the card by the ribbon treatment and the repetition of the fleur-de-lis motif.

I hope you have enjoyed my take on Kerry's sketch and hope you will join us this month so that we can see your wonderful work. Please leave me a note to let me know what you think of my little Tilda in France...AU revoir, mes amies....oooohhh, was that right????

31 comments:

Shawn said...

Jacque, I love her, all dressed up in bright, bright colours so she will shine in the Parisian night. Are these the fluourescent Copics? I bought them as I just had to have every colour but have been afraid to use them. You have taken away the fear.
hugs,
Diana

Anonymous said...

Wow, girl, she is gorgeous!!!! Look at that cute little charm and the luscious dp--everything sooooo well coordinated. Simply marvelous. Hugs, Christina C.

Vivi Casale said...

Oh My Goodness Jacque!! you card is stunning!
I love the colors you picked! very bright.. wonderful ones!! the entire card is awesome!
So I'm over here picturing Tilda in a can-can costume.. she would be so pretty, wouldn't she?!!? lol
Hugs & love
Vivi

Barb Hardeman said...

Jacque, I'm so sorry my first comment went into cyber space somewhere :(. Any way, I love your card, it is just stunning. I have a hard time working with bright colors, so your color selection is just stunning. All the details are delicious, and the stitching - super job. Even looks like an Eiffel tower on the inside of your card too. Fantastic job...

Suzy said...

Tres chic and tres adorable!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

What a cutie this one is hun love that great image and the colours you have used on here.

I hope my dear friend you are happy with this card!! beeeecauuuse it R-O-C-K-S!!!
Hugs Claudia

Norma said...

Wow, Jacque, stunning card. Love how you checkered Tilda's skirt--great job. Also like the embelishments, the Eiffel Tower, fleur de lys. The inside of your card is awesome!

Hugs.
Norma xx

Suzan L said...

Bonjour Jacque,
Como talle vous. Qu'une bella carte!!
Your card is sooooo cute inside and out!! Wow, the technique that you used to color in Tilda is very creative. I love the pink and green and all the accents. . . the charm and the fleur de lis border.
Avoir un jour merveilleux ! !
Hugs,
Suzan

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful Card, dear friend! I love the fresh colours!

Big Hugs Tanja

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, she is just adorable and this card if beautiful! Love the bright colors and all the amazing details you put into your cards! It's sooo apparant that you put so much love and care into each and every piece of art you create. Love this, Jacque. Excellent work!
hugs!
Sharon

Unknown said...

oh jacque what brilliant colours on such a wonderful card. really wonderful an pretty.
have a nice evening.
hugs, bea

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Love the card!! All those bright colors and that touch of French!! Your coloring is PERFECT!
Tilda is une fille charmante!!
(no i don't know french, I googled it!)
Great card!!
hugz
deb

Candy said...

Wow!!! Jacque, I love your bright colours. Your card is stunning!

Hugs, Candy

Rosette said...

Look at her..she's sooo so French !! :) Love her colours.. and Jacque you almost guessed Roses on Paper colour challenge for this week!! It must be amazing! Are you reading my mind? lol

Simply marvellous hun! :)

Katie said...

Wonderful work!
So bright and cheery!
I'm working on a card with the same sketch right now :)

Anonymous said...

Oh-la-la...Fabulous card Jacque...absolutely wonderful colours and such pretty accents!
Hugs
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, this is simply delightful!!

Nancy said...

Oh Jacque this card is another master piece! I love the bright colors you chose. And as always your inside is fabulous also Love Love Love it!

Jessica G. said...

Tres magnifique! And what a fun way to add texture to her clothing. I'm using my blender pen more and more because I like the watercolor effect it adds, but I never thought to try this technique. Beautiful inside as well!!

cabio said...

Jacque, these bright colors combo are so neat together. Love the way you always be able to come up with the right embellishments for the right theme.
Hugs,
Cabio

Lori said...

Wow. She is gorgeous. Love all the layers.

Cami said...

Jacque, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love these bright cheerful colors, and the gaity is truly akin to Paris! I love your technique of dabbing colorless blender on a terry cloth to Tilda's clothing...yes, it does look like soft mohair! How ingenious! Must try this. As always, your card is beautiful inside and out. Love the fleu de lis punches. Now, you must submit a request for a "can can Tilda" swooshing her skirt! LOL! Wouldn't that be fun? Thank you for sharing another beautiful creation. Hugs, Cami

Jeanette said...

This is just stunning Jacque! C'est tellement belle! Hugs Jeanette

charlene said...

Jacque she is so cute ! I love this layout and the colors you used are just perfect, love the extra little blings of the tower you added ! Great job as always
Hugs

Cheryl said...

So bright and pretty! Love the colors and your coloring of Tilda is primo! (Oops, that's Italian, not French!)

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Jacque, she is gorgeous as is all your work. Love the colors and the layering!

Laurel said...

Absolutely adorable, Jacque! Just love how you did such a perfect checked skirt I can almost see the movement in it by the way you colored it-and those colors are great! She looks just like a school girl in Paris!! Hugs

Anonymous said...

Jacque - this is personality plus! love her and all the elements you combined... I have the clear set you used w/the postal stamp in it...gonna have to remember this idea! tfs!
Pam Going Postal

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hunny bunny.. thank you so much for your kind comment.
i can not wait to see your next "project" lol
hugs
claudia

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Jacque wow hunny i have missed so much since my last visit here. I love all your work and this card is simply amazing. What a lovely image coloured perfectly and so much gorgeous detail! hugs Linda x

Kim said...

Jacque that a fantastic card hun! It's so lovely and the color combo is amazing! AWESOME work!!! I just adore the charm too...wherever did you get that it's a beauty! Thanks for asking about school. The semester is done and I am very pleased with all my grades. I am only on vacation for a couple more weeks then my summer classes begin...but I am excited because I am taking an art class! Those classes for 6 weeks and then a month off before fall classes begin. I think I definitely can handle that! :) Hope you are doing good too!
Big Hugs~ Kim