Saturday, June 20, 2009

Edwin Christens His Little Dinghy, The SS Tilda



A very happy Saturday evening to everyone!!! It has been 90 degrees here and I can't stand it outside...I mow a row and sip a row...lol

I don't know about you, BUT Student Edwin doesn't look like any student I EVER had in any of my classes at the college. But he does look like a very handsome and loving ship's captain I know quite well....lol....referring to my Dad of course!!! Anyway, I pulled together some digital papers I was given and came up with a scene of Little Seafaring Edwin christening his little dinghy as the SS Tilda!!!! Cute, huh? I used alot of stitching on the card to outline the dinghy, etc. The card base is Bazzill and matting is PTI. I also used scrapper's floss and kitchen twine for ropes with brass grommets to lace the sails. Edwin was colored with Copics (notice his blue and khaki rep tie), the brass buckle and buttons are Gold Spica, and the bill of his cap, the champagne glass, and bubbles are covered with Diamond Glaze. I propped Edwin and the pennant (outlined with opaque white) up on dimensional tape. I used coordinating papers to make the various pieces of the little dinghy. The design is taken from one of the motifs in the paper. Square brass brads and reef knot side borders finish off the front. I learned how to make those from some nautical site on line...lol
The inside is pretty simple with just a couple of round nesties, a ship's wheel dotted with Gold Spica and a wrapped rope...finished off with the same square brass brads.

Student Edwin is from the Graduation and Student Collection 2009 and of course you can find him along with the best selection of stamps in North America at Magnolia-licious. Diana offers wonderful opportunities to not only get your Maggies at a wonderful price but also provides the best shipping policy in all the land--for the US and Canada only $2.50 for orders up to $50; over $50 the shipping is free!! Where can you find a better deal than that???

Thank you so much for dropping by to visit with us...we certainly appreciate you and we love to hear what you think!! This gives you an idea that all Maggies can be used for so many different things...just let your imagination soar...mine does most of the time...lolol Have a wonderful evening and the rest of the weekend...Take care and be safe and come back to see us often...HUGS!!!!

36 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Jacque this is so very cute you are amazing! Edwin makes a very handsome Captain and I love his boat which is most properly named. lol Your papers and stitching are perfect as well as all the extra added details you so loving add to all your cards! You tell the best stories to go with your cards. Love Love Love!
Hugs,
Nancy

Sharon Caudle said...

Now just how creative is this!!!! I love it! What an awesome card, Jacque!! Beautiful details as always. I'm just in awe of your creativity and talent. Fantastic work!
hugs!

Sharon said...

Hi Jacque, Stunning and inspirational card. Not to mention very cute captain! Thanks for sharing your lovely card.

Candy said...

Hi Jacque,
Ahoy Edwin! Love your ship and it's name. Great details and imagination. Another super card............
Love Candy

Jacilynn said...

so cute! Love the DP! great card

Cami said...

I'm jumping up and down and slappin' my knee! Jacque, this card is so darn cute with Edwin and his "yacht SS Tilda!" Your creativity is just awesome and I love the details and how you did the mast and it's all strung up! Wow! You have no limits and you stun me all the time. Absolutely wonderful! Hugs, Cami

Regina said...

Hi Jacque!!!
I´ve no words!!! (as always!!! rs..rs..)
It´s a fantastic job. You´re such a talented lady and I´m lucky to belong the same group as you!! Thanks a lot for sharing.
Have a great Sunday!!!
Hugs
Regina

Unknown said...

I love it! Before it completely loaded I was oohing and aahing. Great job, fantastic detail as always!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Jacque! Love the inside as well, just perfect!

Hugs, Kelly

Kerry D-C said...

Just too cute!! I have also been thinking that this Edwin looks like he belongs on a boat.

dragon said...

I also thought that the student set was very strange looking and more nautical than anything...but knew that you would work a bit of magic with them Jaqueline....
Fantastic.....!
Is it your Farthers day Card???

Lynn xx

Norma said...

Wow, Jacque, another fabulous card. I've said before your attention to details is amazing. Love all those ropes and sailors' knots and all. You're soo... creative.

Hugs.
Norma

Stampin'Piper said...

This Card is stunning my friend! I love the stitches and the papers are fantastic!

Have a lovely sunday, big Hugs Tanjs

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh my Jacque, how creative you are! Love all the details you put on this card. Little details made other's eyes wide opened.
Hugs,
Cabio

Heidi said...

OMG what a stunning card you have made - and all that work.......wow
You are so talented my friend and you inspire me so much

Have a great sunday

Hugs and love
Heidi

Jodi said...

Another awesome card!! I agree, he is not dressed as a graduate or a student in my classrooms either but he does look great here!! I love the new role you gave him and the pretty boat you created!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

thisi s awesome, what a fabulous way of using this Edwin image, beautifully coloured, your ss Tilda is awesome so creative.. a wonderful card. hugs rachxx

Ann said...

Jacque your work is simply stunning, I love everything that you do. I have saved you to my favourites now so that I do not miss anything in the future. Ann xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely I really do have to try this stitching on cards thing.

Keep them coming

Jayne
xx

Moni said...

So gorgeous card! Hugs, Moni

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Jacque, what adorable card you made! I love the SS Tilda! lol lol really nice!
Hugs
Vivi

Anonymous said...

Gasp. . . .breathless in Wisconsin . . . .Wow, Jacque, this card is too adorable for words!
You have outdone youself (if that's even possible) with this one!!!! Love all the detail you have put into this card. Dazzling!!! Hugs, Christina C.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Jacque! how do you crank out one beautiful card after another! This is amazing! So creative. What a artistic genius you are! I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT. ONE OF THE BEST CARDS EVER!!!
Hugs,
Pam L.
http://stampsinc,blogspot.com/

Jessica G. said...

What a perfect conversion for this Student Edwin! And your stitched sailboat is a masterpiece in itself!! You always manage to raise the bar with every card -- way to go, Jacque!

Kristie W. said...

What an awesome creation! I love how you transformed Edwin and the SS Tilda is such a cool idea!

Barb Hardeman said...

Jacque this is so awesome, and wonderfully creative. I love it...

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Great card!! Someone on my blog told me we should bring our cards together :-) I used the Tilda from this collection with a boat:-) Love all the rope you used and the inside of the card. Love,
jacqueline

Unknown said...

oh how amazing and so fantastic. such a great layout and a perfect coloration. but the boat is so great and sensational. i´m really speechless and fascinated about your creatitity and the wonderful combination.
have a nice week.
big hugs, bea

Laurel said...

Jacque, This is so darling! I am with you - I never saw a student looking like this either! They must have a lot more fun in Sweden than we do in school! I just love the colors that you have chosen for Edwin and that tie is great! Your boat with the stitching is just amazing - and inside the card is so sharp looking! Hugs

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

you blow my mind!
what a fabulous card!!!!!
this is soooo pretty

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a cute, cute card! And I love the boat......just darling! You do very nice work!

BA said...

hi jacqui
this is so cute!! I love the boat.
xoxo BA

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Jacque, this is adorable!! I love the colors and the whole scene!!
--Becca

Sylvia Blum said...

yeah.. you are right.. this Edwin image looks like a little sailor and I *L*O*V*E* the card you created with him!!! Oh Jacque.. your are so amazingly talented.. wish I had only a teeny tiny bit of your talent!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, I love this Edwin as a sailboat captain!! And the sailboat is just wonderful!! I love all the details. . . the stitching, the eyelets, the nautical knots. Do have permission to come aboard Edwin?? You are always coming up with such imaginative ideas!!! Hugs, Suzan

Lavender Rose said...

Stunning work, all the wonderful details make this a fab card. I especially love the nautical embellishments and stitching!