Monday, June 15, 2009

Edwin Goes Fishing at the Ole Fishing Shed


Happy Monday everyone!!! Thanks for dropping by to see who's fishing at the ole fishing hole today!! LOL

Gosh! I just finished this card and lo and behold the requirement for Copic Creations challenge for the next 2 weeks is the coloring of WOOD. This card has its share of WOOD for sure!! I used Fishing Edwin from the Summer 2007 Collection, Summer Background from the Shabby Chic Collection 2008, Sea Background from Summer & Sea Collection 2008 and the Alota Fishing Shed. All four of the stamps I used are from Magnolia-licious where you will also find a super-duper selection of Maggies at all times! Diana has some special deals for those who are members of the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Site. I also used Bazzill CS for the card base, PTI Ocean Tides CS for matting, and MME DP.

This card was quite time-consuming because I wanted to not only create a fishing scene but I also wanted alot of dimension. So I started with Cryogen White for the base of the scene and stamped Fishing Edwin and the Fishing Shed, masked both of them and stamped the Summer Background first and then stamped part of the Sea Background. You will notice that I had to stamp the Summer Background twice so that the entire sky would be covered and then had to draw in with a Copic Multiliner the portion of the waterline under the shed. Am I making sense?? Remember I don't know all of this terminology!!! lol OK, then I masked the clouds and sun and airbrushed the sky and then the ground. I then stamped the Fishing Shed and Edwin again so that I would have dimension and colored them with Copics with a touch of Stickles for Edwin's wings. I then colored the base scene using Copics (at least a bushel basket full of Copics)!!

On the base Fishing Shed I only colored that part which could be seen after the second layer was placed over it with dimensional tape. Notice that I also colored the curtains on the base level and covered them with Diamond Glaze and also painted the water with Diamond Glaze. Next I cut out the windows of the second Fishing Shed to add depth to the windows...I hope these pictures will give you an idea of the dimension of this card:


















Almost finished...I added a fish button to the gable of the house, and a hand made wooden oar/fish holder to the shed railing, tying them on with floss. Edwin has been a lucky fisherman....he has caught 3 wee fish already...hahahahah...Three swimming fishies and a friendly froggie to keep Edwin company were added!! Since Edwin's fishing pole was soooooooo thin I decided to make him one using an eye pin and floss. How did I do??? The last thing I did was to color in the flowers on the sides of the shed with Sakura Souffle pens to add dimension and add some brads to soften the corners...Whewwwwwwww...what a production!!!

Needless to say, the inside of this card was QUICK AND EASY!!!!!!!!!! I only added a couple of touches from the front for a bit of continuity. I added floss for the big catch!!! And placed another froggy on the jotting panel...

I'm sure I have not explained this card very well so if you have questions about anything I did, please let me know in your comment or drop me an email. Thank you so much for visiting us today and I hope you have enjoyed my take on coloring wood and developing a scene using a cute Edwin. Please hurry back and see us all real soon...AND have a wonderful week!!! Hugs!!

NOTE: This is a very special card for a very special man, Bill Witt of MD, who is a TRUE HOKIE and who will be celebrating his 89th Birthday in NC with his wife, Maureen, my Auntie Jane, and ME!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BILL!!!

41 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh my! Oh my! Jacque this is extraordinary! Whta a lot of work you put into this card, even down to the fishing line and lures!! Fabulous job. Your little Edwin looks like he's right at home at the fishin' hole. Beautifully constructed and embellished card...

PBrown9624 said...

Wow! It makes me tired just looking at all the work you put into this card! It's wonderful as always. Love how you put it all together! Cute,cute,cute...
Pam Brown

Rosette said...

Hehe.. you made me smile with all the explanations.. I could almost picture you teaching at the College!! :))

Simply gorgeous my sweet Jacque.. can't think of what to say for this beautiful creation!! I have to pick up my jaw!! :)

Big hugs xxx

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Jacque, this card just took my breath away. It's just so gorgeous and beautiful. I love it totally!
Hugs,
Cabio

Helene said...

What a fun card I love how you made the Alota Rubber Stamps fishing cabin a great place for fishing....fish on!

Helene

Sharon Caudle said...

What a beautifully detailed scenic card, Jacque! Love all your wonderful touches. You are one talented card designer. I love it!
hugs!
Sharon

Katie said...

Jacque this is a super scene card!
Lots of time taken but wonderful results :)

Suzan L said...

Oh My Gosh!!! Jacque, what a wonderful scene you have created!! Wow!! I can just imagine all the time you put into making this card. The dimension is great!! All the accents that you have added are the cutest!! It looks like Edwin is having a wonderful day fishing!!
Hugs, Suzan

Jacilynn said...

wow! Really gorgeous! the best card I've seen today, for sure!
great job

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Jacque, what a fabulous scene you created!!! You colored that shed to perfection. I love every little detail--you didn't forget a single thing! Hugs, Christina

Anonymous said...

Love the fish button on the top of the shed! Over the top creative card Jacque! Fabulous - love it!
Pam Going Postal

Anonymous said...

This is a great card Jacque. You covered a lot of territory in one fell swoop. So much thought goes into all your embellishments but I think this one is really extraordinary. How large is it? I am thinking it must be quite large in order to get all the pieces on there. Is this Edwin quite small? I wish we knew the size of the stamps before purchasing. (or is it there somewhere on the site and I haven't been smart enough to find it?)toni

CrankyBrandie said...

That is just he cutest card. I love everything going on in it. I love the house and all the fish he's caught. Love it! Thanks for sharing it.

Samara Gugler said...

WOW!!! Super card!

Jane Wetzel said...

this is just fantastic! your coloring is awesome! :) tfs!

Linda S. said...

Good Heavens, Woman! Over the top CUTE is right!! And here I thought I was a "detail" person,.....but you have gone way beyond me. Sensational card, I hope you are not going to entrust it to the USPS!! It should be on display somewhere. Maybe on our homepage for August? Go Rest. Linda S. in NE

Danni said...

Wow! wow! I'm speechless. This is beyond fantastic. Wow!! What a wonderful job!

MartaCoimbra said...

So pretty...

Nancy said...

Oh Jacque your cards are all awesome but as someone else said this card is over the top! What a fabulous job right down to the tiniest details. I would like to be sitting right next to Edwin looks like a great place to be. lol

charlene said...

Jacque your card is awesome !!!! I love all the detail and depth, it does look very inviting !
Hugs

Anonymous said...

I am speechless. That is an amazing work of art and the time involved is incredible. You have a great talent. Thank you for sharing it with me. This card is a treasure and should be framed and on display.
Lisa W
lnlwhitt@aol.com

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh my ......what a gorgeous card dear Jaque! Such a creative card and as Lisa said this card should be framed! love every single detail you have added to your artwork
love Claudiaxx

Julie said...

This card is so adorable. I love the layout with Edwin kicking back at the fishing shed. This would also work as a winter scene with Edwin on a lake. Super cute!

Lisa T said...

Great cards! Love all the details. :)

Sheri said...

Jacquie...hmmm.let see.
Dimension? Check.
Perfect copic coloring. Check.
Fishing Scene Card Check.
Easy to understand step by step tutorial.Check. Jacquie...you have created yet again, another masterpiece! Thank you for the unending inspiration.

Cami said...

Jacque, Jacque, Jacque...what can I say? I LOVE this scene you have created with Edwin fishing! Such wonderful imagination you have with the stamps! It's just too picture perfect! You NEVER cease to amaze me with your talent and creativity! I so enjoy looking at all your creations! You get top honors for this scenic card. Absolutely wonderful!!! Hugs, Cami

Cheryl said...

Just fantastic, Jacque! You fishing shed is perfectly colored! The whole card design is great! I ablsolutely love this!

Candy said...

Oh My GOSH Jacque!!!
I can't believe the work you have done on this card!!!!!!!!!!My mouth is on the floor!!! It is exquisit in detail and so perfect in everyway. Now I want to take my card off my blog - it is embarrasing to me.
Hugs, Candy

Jessica G. said...

Amazing scene, Jacque! Your details are so perfect and so fun -- where did you find fish buttons?? This card needs to be hanging on a little boy's bedroom wall so he can dream of fishing!

Great job with the Copic wood coloring; I'm definitely going to try my hand, too, after studying those great tutorials!!

Vivi Casale said...

BLIND ME JACQUE!!! your card is stunning!
and you made a scene too!
OUTSTANDING!! MARVELOUS!!
Hugs
Vivi

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What an amazing card!! The detail you put into this is just unbelievable!!! Great job!
~Lacey
www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

Unknown said...

wow what an amazing scenery and a fantastic coloration.
big hugs, bea

Jodi said...

What an amazing card!! Beautiful scenery and all that detail!!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Norma said...

Jacque, how many months did you spend on this card-LOL? WOW, what a a stunner. I just love this scene card of yours. Your attention to details is simply amazing. Way to go!

Hugs.
Norma

Jeanette said...

Jacque! This is amazing. There are so many lovely detail. How wonderful.
Hugs Jeanette

MarieL said...

What a beautiful card. It absolutely amazing, all the work that went into making this card. Very stunning, very cute.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, Jacque, this card is stunning! You really put a lot into this and it turned out fabulous. Thanks for entering it into the Copic Creations challenge. I would hate to miss out on seeing this one!

Laurel said...

I bet Bill just love it when he opened this card!! The fishing house is just wonderful - I love the dimension and the love that you put into it with all the details. Edwin is just too cute! Fabulous scene and card Jacque! Hugs

Kerry D-C said...

heeheehee! Super fun and adorable!

Bev said...

Such a beautiful card sweetie, your colouring is fantastic and I love your choice of papers and gorgeous detail! x

Kelly L said...

Oooh, Jacque, another marvelous card from a marvelous creator!! :) So many layers, so many awesome details!! I am sure Bill will truly love it. Have a wonderful time, dear friend! Hugs, Kelly