Sunday, June 7, 2009

My First Non-Magnolia...sigh



Happy Sunday everyone...I trust that you are having a magnificent weekend and I hope you enjoyed the Magnolia-licious Blog Hop as much as I did...that was a BLAST!!!! Shucks, I'm ready to do it again...aren't you? Maybe it won't be long til we have another one...yipppppppeeeee!!! Please join with us in designing your own project and be sure to upload it right HERE. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Note: This is the 51st card of my lifetime...I told my MM that after I made 50 Maggies that I would attempt something else--another kind of stamp. So Friday's FS card was Number 50 and here is Number 51. LOL

This is my very first non-Magnolia card and I'm not sure what to think about myself...lol...Actually I had this card prepared way early using my sketch over on Friday Sketchers but since I had to have a color coordinated blog (self-imposed of course), I decided to make a Maggie card using my sketch for FS. For this card, I used Basic Grey Lime Rickey which is really a fun, bright collection. I also used Bazzill CS for the base and Prism papers for the matting. I also used a hÄnglar & stÄnglar image of the cutest little girl holding a bird house. She is colored with Copics with a touch of Spica for her buttons. There's quite a bit of stitching on this card and layers are propped up on dimensional tape. I used coordinating colors of narrow organza ribbon, a bird button, a pewter feather charm, and Lime Rickey brads.

The inside of the card is stitched also and on the first panel I have used a cd's birdhouse and a portion of the Magnolia Shabby Chic Fence from the Shabby Chic Collection 2008, both colored with Copics and embellished with FlowerSoft. I also airbrushed the background. Both panels use the same ribbons as the front. The jotting panel has the same ribbon bows as the front and the same bird button. What do you think my Swedish friends will think of her?

Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope you will let this little girl know what you think of her. I do appreciate your comments very much and I will be looking forward to the next time you visit. I will be back with my Maggies real soon!!! Hugs!!

27 comments:

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, Your fisrt non-Magnolia card . . .sniff!! sniff!! It is too cute!! I love the bird and birdhouse theme. The DP is great!! And, you have colored the images in so beautifully. Oh, the bird buttons are cute too!! Hugs, Suzan

Chris (catt871) said...

OH MY WORD!!!!! (and you know what that is!!) This is GORGEOUS!!!!! You ROCK any stamp line......can't wait to see more!!!!!! (ummm, what is an MM???) lol Love you!!!

Jessica G. said...

It really looks like she's looking down at the bird, Jacque -- what a perfect embellishment! Awesome inside decorations, too.

Nancy said...

OH WOW Jacque you have done it again another master piece! This is just awesome so much work! I'm sure it was hard for you not to be coloring a Tilda but this is just awesome!
Hugs
Nancy

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow, Jacque, I just couldn't believe you did a card without Tilda or Edwin??? lol just kidding.
I LOVE the colors, just LOVE it and the inside is just as marvalous as the outside.
Love those yummy DP!
Hugs,
Cabio

Regina said...

Jacque!!!!!!!!!!! Your card is a kind of work I would love to do!!!! You have such a great criativity!!! Thanks a lot for sharing your talent with us.
Hugs
Regina

Sharon Caudle said...

OMGosh....Jacque this is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the H&S stamps and your coloring is just amazing! That paper is one of my new favorites for summer, and she looks fabulous with it! You always finish a card so beautifully! I love it!!!!
hugs!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Jacque. . . . WOW. . . . I love love love your card. You colored this H/S girl to perfection. She is darling . . . love how you colored her hair. EVERYTING about this card is gorgeous. Hugs, Christina C.

Janet said...

Wow this is amazing!!! love it!
hugs

Danni said...

Gasp! Not a Magnolia? LOL! You are so funny! This is a wonderful card, simply wonderful!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Oh and its just beautiful! The colors are just awesome. Your coloring is "spot on" as usual!!
Love everything!!
Great great work!
hugz
deb

Vivi Casale said...

Hi Jacque,
what an awesome card you made!
Stamp is so so cute! I love it!
The inside of your card is so pretty!
Hugs
Vivi

Unknown said...

Another beautiful card ... mesmerizing.

Kim said...

Jacque your Hanglar image is BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATS on making 50 mag cards! WOW that's amazing! What fun!!! You could make a card with pages from the phone book and it would be amazing! You are so very talented hun! I just adore your work to pieces! :) Beautiful!
Hugs~ Kim

Cami said...

Oh Jacque, this H&S card is just too precious and you're lucky you have this stamp/image because it is not sold in the US! This is absolutely beautiful and no matter what the image or brand, you can make everything just awesomely wonderful! Congrats on having made 50 maggie cards in such a short time LOL! Now I want to see more H&S images. Words just can't describe how talented and creative you are. I just love every card or project you have created. Hugs, Cami

chrisd said...

She is so sweet but alas no H&S in the US. BUT a super good friend of mine is moving to Norway for work, maybe I can ask her to hunt some down for me when they move in the fall!

Unknown said...

oh jacque, what a amazing and so wonderful card. i love the bright colours and your light design.
have a nice week
big hugs, bea

dragon said...

Jacqueline,
The colours are wonderful together.
I love the Bird table or tree house stamp used inside. After I saw you use flower soft the first time I bought some to try but I have still not got around to it. I will sooooooon

Lynn xx

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

I just love this paper - I picked up a sheet the other day! Love the birds. Girl you really know how to finish a card! I am very impressed with all the detail that goes into your work. YOU ROCK!!

Rosette said...

Hiya there!!! Missed me?? :) I was away for some days.. needed some rest, so I went woth some membbers of my Comunity to our sister Island, for some quiet days filled with fun and good sleep :)
Today I'm bak.. and I just had to visit you! I KNEW I'd find that I had missed something! :) Thiese HAnglars are always sooo cute fr me, and as always you did a marvellous job! :)

Sheri said...

This is another one you knocked out of the ball park! Wow! You make everything look so amazing!

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Great card! Sweet cute hanglar image! Be sure what you are doing.... there is a world full of cute stamps to explore!! :-) Love,
jacqueline

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

TOTALLY stunning.
love the bright colors and the coloring of the image is out of this world
hugs
claudia

Kerry D-C said...

This is such a fun card!! I love these Hanglar stamps! What's an MM ("..I told my MM that...")

Diane said...

Love it!! Perfect colors on that card, sweet little birdie, too!

Anonymous said...

*test* (Mozilla Firefox LiveChat)

Anonymous said...

Well I think this cute little Hanglar girl is just perfect Jacque! Totally adorable card...and I hope to see more non Magnolia's on your blog soon.....hehehe!
Hugs
Carole x