Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Cutest Karate Kid by LOTV!!!!


Happy Wednesday to everyone!! I hope you are having a splendid week and this is the very HUMP DAY--- so good, bad, or indifferent, we are halfway to the weekend already!!! It has been so warm here that outside work is early in the mornings...but I am not complaining!! I like it much better than ice and snow!!!

I would like to share with you a card that is perhaps one of the most difficult I have ever made although for many of you, you will think that it is easy as can be!!!! It is always so very difficult for me to make masculine cards but I had in my mind that I wanted this card to be very simple...so we will see what you think of it. The base and all matting is Bazzill and the DP is all from the MME Lime Twist-Fly A Kite Collection. Gosh such bright and vivid colors are so fun!!! All of the background panels are machine stitched. The cute, cute, cute image I used is LOTV Karate Kid from the Latest Collection of One for the Boys!!! This cutie was stamped on Cryogen White and colored with Copics. This little green belt darlin' was emphasized in the Karate Belt tie with a horizontal of emerald green satin. For additional embellishments I used a couple of star buttons and the sentiment is computer generated with Chinese Takeaway font and placed on double Concentric Stars Nesties. The image was cut with Square Nesties and turned on its end. And SHUCKS in the picture his face looks smudged and dirty but I can't see it at all in real life...lol...Cameras and computers drive me NUTZ!!!!!


The first panel on the inside sports a Okinawan-Japanese kanji symbol for something--it's either FRIEND or the symbol for kanji...but I liked the looks of the symbol so I used it!!!..lol... It was cut out with triple Nesties, adding a bit of emerald green satin ribbon behind it. For the second panel I used a larger Nestie star for the jotting panel with the remainder of the sentiment and adding a flat tied green satin knot and another gold star.

I hope you like my little creation and will check out all of the other CUTE, CUTE little guys at LOTV .

Thank you so very much for coming by to see what's happening here today!! It tickles my heart to see that you have been here and I am hoping that you will drop by often!! Have a marvelous day and until we next meet, I send a big hug to you!!!

39 comments:

Rosalee said...

Your Right Jacque. He is adorable. Love your card. The design is awesome and so are the papers you chose to use.Hope you have a wonderful day
Hugs, Rosalee

Marilyn S said...

This is so cute and thanks for the inspiration. This stamp just arrived in my mailbox yesterday and I've been chomping at the bit to usee it. I love your green ribbon & matching outfit belt plus that inside symbol is brilliant!

cowboydutrem said...

That kid sure is cute! Love your star buttons!

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness how cute is he?! Love the green!

Helen said...

Oh I love this one, it is real cute. Hugs.

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! Stay back!!!! lol He is on the serious mission.
Awesome card Jacque. Super cool boy.
Have a good day.
Hugs Nataliya

chrissy xx said...

Yes your a star too! LOve it. Great image! Fabulous papers.
Chrissyxx

amanda stokes said...

Hi Jacque,
Fab boys card,love the sweet image and those papers are fab! :) xx

Susy said...

This is so cool, Jacque!

HUGS SUSY

Crafterkhush said...

Hi Jacque,
This one is super cool.. Love the image and the colours....Great work

Hugs,
Khush

Queenie Jeannie said...

I think you did a GREAT job!!! Awesomesauce!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is fabulous. I just love those bright happy papers. TFS.

Unknown said...

Wow this is gorgeous Jacque, I love the bright colours.. now who doesn't find male cards difficult to do.. but you did a fantastic job, I love it xxx

Sabina said...

Hello,
thank you for showing this great image and card, i like it!
Greets Sabina

SherriC. said...

I have to agree, he is just the cutest.....
I just love the way you colour, I am always so inspired when I drop by to visit your blog....
thank you for that...

Christina C. said...

What a darling little creation...you pulled it off beautifully!!!! Male cards are truly a challenge for me. The inside of your card is equally stunning. Fantastic job, as always!

Kim. said...

This is really great, lovely image and perfect boy's/man's card.
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, love this image!
Helen x

D K Crafts said...

Hi Jacque. This is really sweet. Such a great boys card, lovely colours and cute image. Donna

Candy said...

Great card, Jacque!
You picked the perfect paper to go with this sweet image. Love the Chinese Script - makes it so special.
The inside is just as wonderful as the outside :o)
Hugs, Candy

Craftdee said...

This is a really nice "boy" card...I do so many now that I'm learning to love them!! The new LOTV images are so cute, and your colour combo is perfect - as usual:-) I hope your symbol says what you think it says, or "they" could be coming to get you, lol. Dee

Cheryl said...

Hi Jacque, super cute card. Love it! Hugs Cheryl

Rufus said...

I love the entire new release from LOTV. I think that you did a marvelous job with this one. I imagine that it was difficult for you! No flowers, lace, fewer layers, charms or bling! But I really do like it.
R/

Susan said...

AWESOME, awesome card! love everything about it!
Susan

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, gorgeous card Jacque and love the sweet karate boy.
luv
debby

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Jacque and yep the image is soooo CUTE!!! Love the details you've added and the papers x

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
i just love this card
he's amazing
have a great day hunni
hugs angelique

Debby said...

I think, Miss Jacque that he is a star! Darling card, or should I say macho card...lol. I love the DPs. Hugs

Marie-Anne said...

What a fantastic card!

Marie-Anne

Sharon in Arizona said...

Jacque I adore your card!!! He is just the cutest little guy and your papers are so bright and beautiful. Combined with the design it gives the card such a cheerful appearance - and maybe it's my eyes, but his face doesn't look dirty to me. I understand the struggle. I have been trying all week to complete 4 masculine retirement cards and that combined with my inexperience....I am feeling soooo frustrated. I have the stamps, but the designs and papers will just not come together. And I have to get these done before Tuesday, so please think good thoughts for me. Think I'll take a short break and do some housework and maybe my head will clear. A big congratulation to the winner of Sunday Sensations!!!! Have a wonderful holiday weekend and stay safe. Hugs, Sharon :o)

Whisper said...

Hey he's a bit of a different image, am glad LOTV have come out with some more male images, great layout and colours, Luv Sam x

Marion said...

Hi Jacque, Fabulous boys card and such a great image. Gorgeous papers.
hugs
Marion

Sue B said...

Well I love this card Jacque! It's perfect for a little boy with the nice bright and cheery colours. Great layout and love the inside too and all the little details. I am also doing some male cards with Father's Day coming up!

The good thing is I seem to be finding more and more fabulous digi and rubber stamp images suitable for men! That can only be a good thing as they have been thin on the ground in past. Super card anyway, it's nice to do something different once in a while!

Hugs Sue xx

Sol said...

:o) ha ha.. this was a fun image.. Hitting one way.. and kicking the other way... Not totally in control.. :o).. I can see it..- Arms and legs going in every direction.. wanting to achieve.. :o).. Love the colour green with this.. That is also a colour in the belt system i believe?!!

Perfect Card for a boy!.. :o)

♥ Yolanda ♥ said...

Great card Jacque! Lovely image and great papers sweetie.
Thanks for your inspiration! Hugs Yolanda

KathR said...

Gosh how did I miss this little fella!, he's adorable...hugs Kath...

Tkat said...

how adorable!!!!!!! love the colours too :)

Brook said...

Great colors on this card and what a cute image.

Tindaloo said...

He's so cool! Love the card :)