Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wanna Have A Snowball Fight??


Happy October Everyone!!! Gosh, I can tell you that here in the mountains of NC that Fall is arriving quickly....the mornings are chilly, the breeze is brisk, the leaves have already started changing colors, and some are already on the ground!!! Not my favorite time of the year...sigh... Although I made a winter card this time, I dread seeing winter come!!


The October Magnolia-licious project is to make an easel card using the template which can be found HERE. I used monochromatic colors only!!! The card shown at this site is 4"X4" but the instructions to increase the size of your card are also found at the site. For all specific instructions and to have a peek at all of the Magnolia-licious DT sample cards, you can visit Magnolia-licious Highlites. I hope that you will join with the DT in submitting your card so that everyone can enjoy your take on the project!!

I did increase the size of my card to a 6"x6" which meant I had to start with a 6"x12" base which is Bazzill CS. I also added an additional panel so that little Jamie could look over the fence from next door to see what Rowdy Tilda was up to. I used BoBunny Dots for the matting and all the DP is from the "Winter Wonderland" paper pack by Dovecraft. I had intended to use a brad from this same collection but the design of my card did not require it. Thanks, Claudia, for this beautiful set!!



I used cute Back n Front Jamie and Snowy Fence from Art Impressions, Rowdy Tilda or Tilda Throwing Snowball, Tilda's Snowballs, and Edwin's Snowman all from the Winter & Christmas Supplement Collection 2007. Both Tilda and the Snowman are now available at Magnolia-licious. It is not too early to be thinking about the stamps for you to use for the upcoming holidays so you better rush over and see what Diana has in store for you!! I also used some gorgeous wood paper from Sue at McMahon Five Design for the fence.

After stamping all images twice, coloring them with Copics, and cutting them out, I used foam tape and/or silicone gel between each of them for dimension...In order to give the snowballs and the snowman more roundness I embossed them on the back with a large ball stylus. I then painted over both of them and all of the snowflake buttons with tacky glue and glittered them with Doodlebug Sugar Coating. All of the snow is Polar White FlowerSoft which is just a beautiful product--very white with just a touch of sparkle. I also used a number of snowflake buttons which I brushed with glue and added glitter. I added three tiny heart buttons to the snowman which are
GoodWear Products and were a gift from Linda of Linanna Designs in the UK..Thanks, Linda!!


To complete the scene, I added Polar White FlowerSoft to the fence and ground to give the added dimension to the setting. I also added an organza navy Bow-Easy bow as well as a silver snowflake charm to Jamie's hand...you know I had to have a charm somewhere...smile.

Thank you so very much for dropping by to see me!! I appreciate each of you so much and if I can ever assist you in any way, please email me. I hope you like this winter scene and will let me know what you think of it. May your day/evening be a most delightful one. Maggie hugs to each of you!!

66 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how stinkin' cute is this card!!!! I am totally loving that little one peeking over the fence at all the action! LOVE that Tilda throwing the snowball too! Absolutely precious, Jacque! I love every amazing detail! hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

Holy Moly Jacque, I am speechless! It's too stunning and it took my breath away!
Hugs,
Cabio

Colleen { HappyLittleArt } said...

Your cards are simply beautiful!! So Fun this card is!!

Rachel said...

OMGoodness how adorable is this!!! beautiful job. I love it.
hugs,
Rachel

Kerry D-C said...

beautiful scene, Jacque!

Sue McMahon said...

OH MY WORD, Jacque! You are just blowing me away...AGAIN! Incredible fence with the wood paper! I have to go try it now! Beautiful card and super cool template! You are too talented!!

{{{BIG HUGS}}}
Sue

Danni said...

Oh my!! This is beyond incredible...beyond amazing...WOW!!!! I'm speechless!

Patricia Garcia said...

AWESOME card!! I love everything about your card!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Janiel/ janny said...

OH MY This is AWESOME!!! LOVE IT!! What a great job you have done!!!
hugs, janny

Lori Kae said...

GORGEOUS! Fantastic! Beautiful!
:) Smiles, Lori O.

charlene said...

OMG that is just to cute for words ! You are one creative lady Miss Jacque, as always your cards is awesome !
Hugs

Unknown said...

By far this is the most unique card I have ever seen.

Jan McC said...

How delightful! This has to be a magical card. Very creative and ambitious. This would definitely be a keeper if I received it in my mailbox.

Shawn said...

Your card, sorry "work of art", is absolutely stunning.I love the monochromatic colour scheme, so wintery it makes me shiver. Outstanding creation!
hugs,
Diana

Monique said...

Wow your card is stunning !! I love it :)).

Hugs Monique

Rosette said...

Oh my... I wanna join I wanna join!! I wanna fight wit hRowdy Tilda with some snowballs!! his is incomparable my friend... I don't know what you do to make them so special, but ou're A-MA-Zing!!

Sandi said...

this is so precious, my goodness talk about action packed and your colors are wonderful. Sandi

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jacque lovely to see you made use of the buttons, i love this card, as always your cards inspire me, your work is always so wonderful. Hugs Linda x

Caroline said...

OMG I just adore this! x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is amazing, what wonderful work.
luv
Debby

Candy said...

Hi Jacque,
WOW WOW I am speechless - give me a second will you??? There is so much going on in this awesome scene!!! All the blue is MARVELOUS - It makes me cold just to look at it and flushed cheeks from the thought of the snowball fight! This is a real winner.......
Big hugs, Candy

debra said...

Hi
Really love this crad it feels and looks so Christmassy, and i love the blue and white colour theme also may favourite for Christmas cards.
hugs Debra

Deb said...

What can I say?!?!! Gorgeous card Jacque! It truly is a work of art.

Tracey said...

This is INCREDIBLE Jacque! I LOVE this! What an awesome scene you have created here!! Well done darlin!! xx

Iris Wiechmann said...

WOW! Jacque this blows me away!!!! What a fantabulous card you have created! GORGEOUS scene and I love how Jamie looks over the fence to watch Tilda. Love the idea of an easel card.
Jacque you are such an artist!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Iris

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Jacque! This card blows me away too! What fun details you put on this card. I love the little kid looking over the fence, your snow everywhere is too fabulous and your scene is just the best! What a super creative idea for your Easel card...beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...hugs...Barb

Angelwood said...

Wow what an amazing card! Each project is a work of art and has so much dimension. I love the colors and the whole scene you created here. I always look forward to seeing what you come up with next. hugz, Angela

pinky said...

This is just too darn nice for words, cute cute cute.
Pinky

Jessica G. said...

Wow! I was already impressed by this technique and then you went and added an extra panel; now it's even more fun!! Adorable scene with wonderful DPs and that Flowersoft makes the card look SO touchable. Is it snowing inside your house now, too??

You've created not only a awesome card, but a decoration that can be displayed year after year!!

Anonymous said...

Jacque this is a sweet scene!! Totally adorable!
--Hugs Becca

Lauren said...

Wow Jacque, you have outdone yourself! I absolutely love the scene that you have created! I love the kid looking over the fence - nice touch! And I love the monochromatic blues. Great job!

Lauren

Claudean said...

WOW !!!!! This is totally "AWESOME" Love the colors and the flower soft and love the little girl peeking over the fence. I just love everything about it. Great job as usual.

Anonymous said...

Jacque, I didn't think anything could brighten my day, but this card did! Too beautiful for words. Hugs, Christina

HazelQ said...

All I can say is that this card is beautiful!! I like every detail, the snowflakes, the glitter, etc :) Tilda looks very cute here too
Hugs
Hazel

Loraine ou Tilard said...

I am in shock! What beauty, what style ... everything is harmonious. A beautiful story of Christmas on your card. Hugs, Loraine

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are a true artist that's for sure! Your card is totally amazing.
Hugs, Marie

Ann said...

Oh my goodness Jacque, you just went and did it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just fantastic, new, innovative and superb. Love everything about it. Ann xxx

Carolyn said...

Incredible, amazing, beautiful, creative.....I could go on and on. You always get a treat to look at when you visit here. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. I love it!!

Hugs,
Carolyn
xx

Vivi Casale said...

WOW!!! OMG!!! this is stunning and must be framed Jacque!!!
xxx
Vivi

Sandra H. said...

What a cute idea! Love it!

Deb said...

Jacque, wow, wow, wow! Your cards are amazing. I do not even want to think about the amount of time it must take you to create one of these gorgeous cards!

Jodi said...

This is so stinkin' CUTE!! Love it!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jodie from Oz said...

Jacque, Wow, wow, wow. OMG, I am speechless, this masterpiece is amazing. I agree with Viv, this needs to be framed. Thank you so much for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Suzan L said...

Oh My Goodness Jacque, Your card is sooooooo adorable!! I just love it snow much!! It brought the biggest smile to my face when I saw it. The scene that you have created is a winter wonderland. It makes me want to build a snowman with Tilda. I especially love little Jamie peeking over the fence. And the monochromatic coloring is so beautiful!!
Hugs, Suzan

Unknown said...

This card is just TOO cute!! I love winter and the snow effect you put on your card. Beautiful!

Nancy said...

Jacque this is a adorable card! Love the scene that you have created and the little kid peaking over the fence adorable. I love everything every single little detail! Awesome job as always!
Hugs,
Nancy

Julie said...

Jacqui this is amazing! I am just in absolute awe of your creativity and the beautiful colours

Hugs
Julie

megline said...

Beautiful card.
Hugs, Line

dragon said...

Amazing card Jaqueline...

Lynn xx

Jeanette said...

Stunning! Another masterpiece my friend! I love your creations. They are so beautiful and this one is no exception!
Hugs Jeanette

Unknown said...

Fab stunning super I want this card its sooo lovely....... you are so talented..

jayne
xx

Simone said...

OmG - this is unbelievable!!! So gorgeous!
Simone

Moni said...

OMG stunning, love the scene and so fab images! You did fab job! Hugs,Moni

Laurel said...

This is just so darn gone cute!!! I just love everything about it. We had snow today - believe it or not so it makes me think of my backyard! Your talent is just beyond belief - I wish I had just a little bit of it! Hugs, Laurel

Stampin'Piper said...

This is so beautiful and such a fun project! I will definitly make another one! I love it!

Your card is stunning, the scene is perfect!

Big Hugs Tanja

Kim said...

Oh my word...what a FANTASTIC card....it's amazing! I love the scene you have created...so creative!
Hugs~ Kim

Norma said...

Jacque, another masterpiece. I love your cards--they are works of art. This one is no exception. Love all the details. The scene you've created is such a fun one to look at. I just love it.

Hugs.
Norma

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

ohm.. this is absolutely insane!
what a amazing card dear friend.
thank you for the inspiration but honestly.. after seeing your card.. it is hard to think about ANYTHING else creative!
wow

debbies said...

THUD!!!!!!! I don't even want to think about the time you put into this stunning creation! WOW

Julie said...

This is SOOOOO adorable.

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest card ever - just gorgeous. It must have took along time to make but it was sure worth the effort. You could use it as a decoration every year.
Bernice

Aud said...

WOOOOW! This is stunning! An amazing creation!
You totally rock!!!

Hugs,
Aud

Len4ik said...

WOW! your cards are so AMAZING!!! SUPER!

Yo Glenn said...

This has got to be just about the cutest card I have ever seen. I can't imagine the time and effort put into it. The details are amazing. I am in awe of your creation. Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

I adore this!!!! WOW

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

WoW!!! This card is amazing!!! It's too cute and sooo unique. I luv it!!

xoxo,
Lori