Saturday, October 10, 2009

Little Witchie-Poo With Her Broom



Happy Saturday everyone!! I hope that everyone is "weller" than I have been these past several days...it has not been fun at all!! But it has also been chilly and drizzly so I guess it was a good time to stay in bed and just hope that I made it to my next wake up...lol

So I am pretending that today is Friday because I have my Friday Sketchers card for yesterday for you today!

The hostess for Friday Sketchers 73 is the marvelously talented Beatrix from Germany who has given us a very inspirational sketch this week. I hope that you will join with us this week in using Bea's sketch and will let us see your interpretation. Admittedly the sketch was difficult for me because I thought I had to rip papers---which I did!! This is the first time that I have even considered doing that and it was DIFFICULT!!!! I also made a square card rather than a rectangular one...that may tell you something about my brain...not sure...lol


I have used the most darling Little Witch With Broom from the Fall Collection at Belles 'n Whistles. These stamps are designed by the inimitable Elizabeth Bell and are wonderful to work with. They are deeply etched, highly detailed, foam-mounted and die-cut, ready for immediate use with acrylic block. This little witch, Lydia, just looks like she is trying to decide whether to take her broom out trick or treating...tooooooo cute!!!!

I used Bazzill for the base, SU CS for all matting and BG Eerie for all DP. Witchie-Poo was stamped 3 times on Cryogen White, colored with Copics and 2 of them were cut out so that I could add a bit of dimension to her.I used the MS punch for the image panel and a German scrap witch in the upper corner. We wouldn't want little Lydia flying around by herself!! I also grounded the sweet witch with a little bit of Autumn FlowerSoft. Everything else that I added to the entire card are from the October bloom kit from the lovely Jayne at Crafty Feeling in the UK--ribbon, blooms, pins, dew drops, charms, die cuts, felt pumpkin. Thanks, Jayne, for coordinating this kit so well for me!!!!


I hope that you have enjoyed this little card and will meander over and check out the other little darlings at Belles 'n Whistles and will also take time to meet the very friendly and talented DT members on the Belles 'n Whistles blog. Thank you so much for visiting me...I love to hear from you!! May you have a magnificent weekend...Big hugs for each of you!!

27 comments:

Moni said...

WAw so fab card, love the cute image and you coloured it fab! Love the scene! Hugs,moni

stampingtink said...

She's just fabulous! I love this sketch and have a couple of cards top put together today so I think I'm going to use it! She's colored so beautifully and I love her flying partner! Great flower in the corner that just seems to put the final touch on her! She's just delightful!

Big hugs to you,

Susan

Danni said...

I sure hope you feel better!! Hugs!!
Such an adorable card!! You know I'm your biggest fan...just can't get enough of your creations!! Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

This little Witchie-Poo is the cutest darn witch I have ever seen!!! I just love her!
What a magnificent card you created--love every little detail!!! The inside of your card is delightful. Your artistry is inspirational.
Hugs, Christina C.

Barb Hardeman said...

This little Witchie is deeeeelightful and full of spooky fun! Every detail on this card is spooktacular in every way. Super job on the sketch too. Love the way you did the inside with the one same dp running up the whole length of the card...such in inspiration to us all...hugs...Barb

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOW Jacque.... Look at that little witch, HOW CUTE is she? Not scary at all! You did a FANTASTIC Job with her!
Big Big Hugs
Lynda =)

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! I love the papers and the insert looks great!

Have a lovely weekend my friend! Big Hugs Tanja

Rosette said...

Wowza!! She's too darn cute!! Thinking of it.. she might be my witchie's twin sister.. they look too much alike! I think they all are on the run :) heheh

You did a magnificent card sweetie... again!!!

megline said...

Beautiful card. You have lots of talents.
Hugs, Line

Annette Bowes said...

Fantastic card, love the colours and the flower is just beautiful, take careX:)

Tracey said...

What an absolutely adorable image! Love your card darlin. I hope you are having a fabulous weekend! xx

Suzan L said...

Jacque, Your Halloween Card is so darn cute!! I love the little Witchy Poo and the Autumn Flowersoft that you used. I also love all the Halloween embellies that you added inside and out. I hope that you are feeling better soon!!
Hugs, Suzan

Lilian said...

This is just precious Jacque! Love all your details, the fower soft ground, charms, border punches ... just to name a few. Super cute card! Love it! Have a great weekend!

cabio's craft corner said...

That's so cute Jacque! I love the Flower soft you added and the image is so adorable!
Hugs,
Cabio

Jodie from Oz said...

Jacque, I am sorry to hear you have not been well, hope you feel peachy soon. Love your new Halloween card, your dp, colours & embellishments are amazing inside & outside of this spooktacular card. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how cute is this adorable image??!!! I love her and your coloring is amazing (as always)! Love your flower you built and the charms you used are perfect (as always). *smile* Fabulous card, Jacque! hugs!

Kruemel said...

Jacque, this is just amazing! Love the flower soft, looks like she´s standing in a bunch of colorful leaves. Your flower with that many layers is just wonderful - and the inside of your card is stunning.
Used this sketch as well but now am afraid of posting it... ;o)
Big hugs!
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Candy said...

Dear Jacque!
I am so sorry you have been ill this week! I wondered why I hadn't heard from you - I hope you are much better now......
What a glorious witchy poo you have there!! :o) Love the sweet image! Also the flower you have made is wonderful as is the flower soft you have added. Love all the charms of course!! and the inside as well.
Love and Hugs, Candy

dragon said...

Wow Love it.....
She's so cute..

Lynn xx

Jessica G. said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather, Jacque; hope you are feeling 'sunny' soon!

This card proves that you can still create when not feeling tops -- awesome card. The witch is a cutie and I love that cobweb paper and how you continue the web theme on the inside. Gorgeous DPs as always!!

Dawny P said...

Ohhh this is fab Jacque. Love the colours and that image is just soooo cute :)xxxx Sorry I've been such a bad blogger of late. I am really trying to catch up with everyone and not leave it so long between visits. Hope you are ok and all is well with you xxx I'm off to see what else I've missed while I've been on the blogger naughty step!! Hugs, Dawny xxx

Nancy said...

Hope you are feeling better by now! Being sick is no fun what so ever so I do hope that you are on your way to feeling good as new!
Your card is awesome as always! What a cute little witch and your details inside and out are fabulous as always!
Hugs,
Nancy

Kim said...

Hi Jacque...how are you doing hun? Hope you are doing good! Sorry I haven't visited in a while...I had exams the past two weeks....Your card is beyond gorgeous! It's so beautiful!
Hugs~ Kim

Norma said...

Jacque, I hope you'll feel better soon. What a fabulous a card this is. Such an adorable witch. Beautiful DP's. Your colouring as always is perfection. Love the flower soft effect. Love it.

Hugs.
Norma

debby4000 said...

Oh she is adorable, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Wonderful card! Love the colors and your distressing just adds to it! The witchy-poo is soo cute! Love it!!
Get well soon!!!
hugz
deb

Deb (dcorder) said...

She's beautiful as usual! I love the BG paper paired with the image! And the inside of the card - wow!!