Friday, October 23, 2009

Tilda, You're a Cute Little Devil! for Friday Sketchers 75



Gosh, it's Happy Friday again!!! I hope that everyone has had a delightful week and are looking forward to an enjoyable yet productive weekend!! Time is almost here for Halloween and soon we will be staring at the Holiday Season head on. I wanted to make another card using those darling So Spooky Maggies from Magnolia-licious before my time ran out completely!!


This week over on Friday Sketchers we are hosted by the exceptionally talented and creative Claudia who has given us a very fun and interesting sketch to use. We invite you to join with us this week and use the same sketch to be eligible for a prize from Daisy May Designs. Please be sure you link back to Friday Sketchers in your blog post. I will be looking forward to seeing your creations over there!!

For my card, I turned the sketch on its side and used Bazzill CS for the base, PTI True Black and Orange Zest for the matting, Cryogen White for image and jotting spot, and all DP (Black Dot and Halloween Star) are from Magnolia from the So Spooky Collection and is available over at Magnolia-licious. I will share with you that if you have not used the Magnolia papers, you are in for a real treat!! It is so substantial, sews wonderfully, and is so nice to use, especially with our Maggies! All of the papers that I have seen are already distressed/inked on all 4 sides, so I have found that after I cut the paper, my preference is to ink/distress all of the cut sides also before using it. For this card I used Tuxedo Black and white acrylic paint for the cut sides. You will see that I machine stitched all major panels on this card in black.

I also used the little darling Devil Tilda from the So Spooky Collection and she is just the cutest thing!! She was stamped twice, cut out, colored with Copics (shown below), and propped up on dimensional tape. I gave some sparkle to her horns, wings, and pitchfork with Orange Peel Stickles. I then made a rosette with the centerpiece using a seal stamp by Catslife Press which I heat embossed in black. The front was finished with ribbon/bow, jack-o-lantern charm, and orange rhinestones.



For the inside of the card I wanted a flowing feel from one panel to the next because there is such a marked difference in color and design from the black dots to the orange stars papers. I used a darling orange ball and sparkle trim from Suzan which goes from the jotting spot on the second panel to another Jack-o-lantern charm (bunches of thanks, Sharon!!)on the first panel.

These are the Copics I used for this little devil and, as I mentioned above, after coloring her I also used Stickles on her wings, horns, and pitchfork, and dots of Inkessentials opaque white.

Thank you so much for coming by to see me today and you know I love to hear what you think of my creations!!! So please leave me a comment and if you have questions about anything I have done, you know I love to answer those also!! The DT of Magnolia-licious is having a Hop today with "Clean and Simple" cards so drop by to see what is happening there also. I hope you have a fun and safe weekend and please come back to see me again! Maggie hugs from me to you!!!!

47 comments:

LindaC said...

Tilda is devilishly cute!

Sharon Caudle said...

Soooooo CUTE!!!! I totally LOVE that little devil and you've colored her beautifully! The Magnolia papers are so yummy and you ROCKED Claudia's awesome sketch! Again, you have proven that you are the Queen of details! The ribbon detailing is so cool! LOVE IT!!! hugs!

Kerry D-C said...

SUPER Adorable! Love the ribbon around the "sentiment"! Awesome job on workin' the sketch!

Cami said...

Jacque, you have done it again! This devilish Tilda is so cute and your card layout and papers are gorgeous!!! That ribbon flower is so pretty and adds that bit of flair to your card. Lovely, inside and out. I just enjoy seeing your creations. I think it's good when the weather is bad or the snow falls because you'll be indoors creating up a storm! Hugs, Cami

Candy said...

Hi Jacque,
Wonderful Halloween Card - so very cute with the Devilish Tilda! LOL
Love all of your details - they are devine as usual.
It is always such a treat to come and see your blog.
Big hugs, Candy

Ann said...

As cute as ever Jacque, tremendous detail and I love the colouring. It seems I have missed a few of your recent cards so when I logged in today it was great to catch up with your stunning creations. Ann xxx

cabio's craft corner said...

nothing is cuter than this Jacque. She is such a cutie!
Hugs,
Cabio

dragon said...

Beautiful card...
I still have not made a Halloween card yet. I must do at least 2 for people I know that have birthdays on Halloween night.

Lynn xx

Nancy said...

What a great card Jacque I love this little devil Tilda so cute! Your details are always top notch and this card is no exception love it!
Hugs,
Nancy

Cheryl said...

Love it! Using orange instead of red for your devil is genius! great card!!

Mette said...

Truely stunning card. Loving those colours and Tilda looks like a cute lil devil.

Have a lovely day, Mette

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable Jacque! I love that great orange bow and that this simply the cutest Tilda!
--Hugs Becca

Tracey said...

So many incredibly cute Tildas in this collection! I ordered a couple and can't wait until they come in!! :) This is a gorgeous card Jacque. I love the orange and black and you always have the most fabulous finishing touches to add to your cards!! Happy Friday darlin!!! xx

Unknown said...

wow jacque your card is so spooky and really wonderful. all supplies are going so well and looks so pretty.
i wish you a nice weekend, hun.
big hugs, bea

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Wow - this is a super fantastic and wonderful card.
Hugs
Anja

KymKreates said...

She is adorable. Your work is wonderful!!!!

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful Card my friend and such a cute Tilda ;) Great choice ;)

Have a wonderful weekend, big Hugs Tanja

Angela said...

This tilda is adorable! Wonderful colors and layout. Love the bow and embellishments. hugz, Angela

Jodie from Oz said...

Jacque, What an amazing spooktacular Halloween Card, I love all the fabulous detail you put into of your beautiful creations. Devil Tilda is just the cutest and coloured perfectly. I've just ordered her, can't wait for her to arrive to play. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing card & for the inspiration.
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Jeanette said...

Dear Jacque! I fell in love with your card the moment I saw it! Another stunner!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Nicole Bailey said...

OMGosh! This card is adorable! I LOVE the colors and papers you used and all the elements-nice details. :o)
Your coloring is simply flawless....thanks for the inspiration!.

Moni said...

Hi Jacque, again fab card, just love your design, you are very talented, great papers you put together and so love all details!Tilda is so cute little devil! Great layout! Have a fab weekend! Hugs,moni

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Too cute for words! I am constantly amazed by your cards, you are such an inspiration to me. I hope I grow up to be like you someday...Tilda is just adorable. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly Schelske said...

My gosh, how cute! Lovely work Jacque!!

Pen to Paper said...

Jacque, you are extremely talented!! This cards is absolutely beautiful iside and out. I love it!!

Jackie

Angela (SCS monkeymama) said...

She is darling!  The inside looks so pretty, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacque, just when I think your cards can't get any cuter, you pop up with this little cutie !!
Nadine

Anonymous said...

What a devilishly cute Tilda indeed!!! Another amazing creation by a super-talented lady!
Fabulous Halloween card, Jacque! All your incredible details are much appreciated, as well as all your fabulous embellishments.
Hugs, Christina C.

Deb (dcorder) said...

She's beautiful! This is one of my favorite releases of Magnolias!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. dear Jacque, what a stunning card.
i love this image and your coloring is FANTASTIC
thank you for making such a beautiful card with my sketch
love
claudia

Suzan L said...

Jacque, Little Devil Tilda looks so cute with her sparkling horns sitting amongst the orange stars!! And, the rosette is just wonderful!! And, the pom pom trim looks so great on the inside!! Your card is so devilishly delightful!! I love it!!
Thank you for always inspiring me with your wonderful ideas!! I just love all the details that you add to your cards!!
Hugs, Suzan

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Love it, Jacque! Soooo cute!
Huggies ~
Sharron

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Halloween card, your so talented, I have no Magnolia stamps yet, one day soon I hope, maybe I will win one, hehe
lynn

Jessica G. said...

Such an adorable little devil and the perfect charm to go along with her, of course! Fun ribbon treatment around the sentiment, too!!

Unknown said...

Very nice! I like the orange and black combination. The orange ribbon you have looks really neat!

Jodi said...

Jacque! This is just tooo cute! I too love this Halloween collection! Love this card you made and how you always decorate the inside too!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Aud said...

Amazing card! Everything works so well together on your card (as it does on all your wonderful creations), I love every detail, I can see the thought and time you put into making the perfect card! Just love your work, my friend!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Big hugs,
Aud

Lauren said...

Jacque,

This is another amazing card! I really like this Tilda - what a cute little devil!

Lauren

Lillian A said...

So cute, Jacque -- love the combination of yellow/orange on this card. A lovely Halloween card which is stunning!
Hugs, Lillian

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! This is just the sweetest EVER!!! Love all of these sweet Halloween fun details you've put into this!! STUNNING!!

Danni said...

Fun, fun, fun!! This is just a great, fun card!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jacque she is definitely cute as ever! Your work as always is amazing.

Vivi Casale said...

Hi Jacque... your card is gorgeous and your Tilda is so cute!
I love it!!!
xoxoxo
Vivi

Simone said...

Simply perfect!
Simone

Alice said...

That is very beautiful!!! Love this card!
Alice

Anonymous said...

Jacque, you did a fab job coloring this and putting it all together. the inside is as wonderful as the outside. Love it!
~hugs,
Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Printable Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 10 Nov [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 11 Nov [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).