Friday, October 2, 2009

Mmmmm, Apple Pie, Please at Friday Sketchers 72



A very Happy Friday and a Happy October to everyone and best wishes for a fabulous weekend! I can assure you that Fall has arrived here!!! The colors of the leaves are progressing steadily, some are even starting to fall (eeeeek), and it's jeans and sweatshirt weather for me!!

Today marks Week 72 at Friday Sketchers which is being hosted by the inimitably talented Tanja of Germany. She has given us a very fun and exciting sketch this week and we hope that you will join with us in creating a card using her sketch. I would love for you to come over to the Friday Sketchers challenge blog site and have a peek at the lovely cards made by the other DT members. Be sure to not only link your card to us but also make certain that you link back to Friday Sketchers in your blog posting in order to be eligible for this week's prize from dreams2stamp.

I am also humbled yet extremely happy to announce that I have been invited to join the Belles 'n Whistles Design Team which is such a lovely group of very talented cardmakers. Thank you very much, Summer, for the confidence you have in my work and I am looking forward to working with you and your DT in advancing this lovely and fun collection of Elizabeth Bell stamps. Although my REAL love is Maggies, I find the Belles 'n Whistles to also be alot of fun to play with and I am certainly looking forward to the opportunity to play with such a fantastic and fun Design Team.

For my card, I used Mmmm! Yes Please from the new Fall Collection which is available at Belles 'n Whistles. Such a darling image!!! I stamped it on Cryogen White and colored it with copics. The base of my card is Bazzill, matting is PTI, and the DP is all from the BG June Bug paper pack. All of the flowers, dew drops, pins, ribbon and charms are from the September kit from Crafty Feeling in the UK. Jayne has some absolutely lovely charms, ribbons, and blooms and you will find her to be so kind, helpful, and nice in your dealings with her.

On the inside of the card I merely used coordinating papers from the June Bug collection and a repeat of the same embellies as the front except I did ask my chirper to cut out an apple for me! Thank you so much, Sharon, the Queen Chirperette, for all of your instructions on my new Pink Chirper!!



Thank you so much for dropping by to check on the happenings here. I certainly appreciate each of you VERY much and hope you will come back soon to let me know what you think of my children. May you have a delightful weekend..Hugs!!

24 comments:

Jodi said...

You did an awesome job with this stamp!! I just love all of your little additions to the card, the apple in the corner, pretty papers and flowers and the giant apple on the inside too!! Love it!!
Hugs
Jodi

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the fab image and great papers you have used! Great take on the sketch! Have a fab weekend! Hugs,moni

Rosette said...

Mmmm! Yes please.. I want it!!! It is such an awesome card Jacque!! love its bold colours and everything you added to it :) You are simply ama-zing!!!

And a huge welcome to the BnW crazy DT :))

cabio's craft corner said...

What a lovely image and is delightful to see some rich colors on this card. Congratulations Jacque for joining of more DT!
Hugs,
Cabio

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, love the sweet image.
luv
Debby

Nancy said...

Oh Jacque your card is gorgeous! Congrats on becomeing a design team member you are a awesome designer!
Hugs,
Nancy

Unknown said...

another lovely card from a truly talented lady

thanks again for your lovely cards using my flowers.

loads of hugs

jayne
xx

dragon said...

Beautiful card Jacqueline,
Stunning colours and I would love some tartan to make a card for one of my "Oldies" will have to look out for that...

Lynn xx

Iris Wiechmann said...

Oh Jacque this is a FANTASTIC card!!! Beautiful coloring and and so yummy and bright papers, I love it! What a great work of art!!! And the inside is as beautiful as the outside. Love the apple idea on the inside!!!!!

And again welcome to the BnW team we are so happy to have you :-))))!!!!!

Hugs,
Iris

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

simply gorgeous!!!
i love this card
i can not wait to see more of your Bell's and whisle cards HB
love
claudia

Jeanette said...

Beautiful Jacque! Congrats on your Dt position with Belles & Whistles. Of course you will showcase their stamps wonderfully! Have a great weekend!
Hugs Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Another amazing card from a truly amazing artist. The inside of the card is just as stunning as the outside. I see you are using your new Cricut. Congratulations on your new dt position with Belles&Whistles. Hugs, Christina

stampingtink said...

They're just fabulous!!!!! I love the flowers, the coloring, the paper, the stitching, just everything! We're so excited to have you in our designing family and am having the best time in the world with you! Just an enchanting card!

Big hugs to you,

Susan

Sharon Caudle said...

YAY!!!! A huge congrats to you my friend!!! Another very well deserved spot on a wonderful design team! I hope they realize how lucky they are to have you!! Can't wait to see all the wonderful creations you'll be making for Summer! this card is gorgeous! Love the flower spray, and that image is adorable and beautifully colored. The details you add to your card consistently just blow me away! Love everything about this card! Your chirped apple on the inside looks awesome!!! (thanks for the shout out!) Another fabulous creation, Jacque! hugs!

Tracey said...

Just gorgeous Jacque! I love the colour combo on this!! Have a fantastic weekend darlin!! xx

Stampin'Piper said...

What a beautiful card, my friend! The colours are so pretty! I'm so happy, that you've liked my sketch :)

Have a great weekend, big Hugs Tanja

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacque...yet another beauty to enjoy. Congrats on your new DT spot...can't wait to see your creations.

Abby:)

Danni said...

Congrats!!!
This is stunning...I always just adore all the extra little touches you give your cards..fantastic!

Suzan L said...

Congratulations Jacque!! You are such a wonderful card designer. Bells and Whistles is lucky to have you!! Your card is so wonderful!! I especially love the flowers that you arranged in the corner with the cute stick pins. The Belles and Whistles image that you used is so cute. You have colored it in so nicely!! I also love the inside. The apple that you cut with your Cricut is a perfect accent!!
Hugs, Suzan

Lynda Nielsen said...

ahhhhh, Jacque... It's GORGEOUS!!!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE looking at the cards you create. I'm also SOOO Happy that I am going to be working with you on the DT. I'm sure you will be inspiration to us all! You did a GREAT job with your post today! See, no sweat!
Great BIG Hugs
Lynda =)

Kelly L said...

Wow, Jacque! This is beautiful. I really love the coloring on the children and the dp is perfect. I really LOVE apples and I have some apple cutouts like you have on the inside -- ahh, now I know what to do with those great big apples. Thanks for the inspiration, girl! :) Hugs, Kel

Unknown said...

Another fabby card! So cute, makes me want some apple pie! Congrats on your new DT position, they will love everything you do. Hugs, Stephanie

Lilian said...

This is just GORGEOUS Jacque! I love all the pretty details you've added too - flower arrangement, apple brads and the beautiful insides! Just gorgeous work! I am so happy you are on our team! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jessica G. said...

Such a fun image! The flower spray in the upper left corner is gorgeous, creating a bright, cheery, and touchable card. One of my favorite touches, though, is the apple inside -- you always include ALL the details!!