Friday, July 27, 2012

Countrified Tilda at Just Magnolia and hÄnglar & stÄnglar Challenge



Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you have had a marvelous week and are well prepared for a splendid weekend! Everything has been fast and furious here so I haven't had time to put up my Happy Birthday SWEET STUFF but I haven't forgotten...wink!!

This week at the Just Magnolia and hÄnglar & stÄnglar Challenge we have been given the theme of IN THE COUNTRY so we hope you will come on over and see the several interpretations of the DT and decide to join in with us! There are some very nice prizes for some lucky participants!!

For my card, I pretended that little Tilda had gone over to her grandmother's house in the country to pick strawberries and to make jam. How's that for an imagination on IN THE COUNTRY?!?!? I used the darling little Tilda With A Lovely Jam from the brand new Turning Leaves Collection which is available at Magnolia-licious. She was stamped on X-Press It and colored with Copics and Flexmarkers, adding Glossy Accents to the jar and Star Dust Stickles to the lace on her overalls. The base and double matting on the card is Bazzill, the floral and chevron DP is from the Simple Stories Summer Fresh Collection, and the gingham DP is from Lily Bee Design Double Dutch Collection. Tilda arrived in her fancy straw hat which she hangs on a peg before donning her bandana to head to the kitchen...hahahah..I used some tiny red satin ribbon around the hat and several little red flowers from my stash. For the horizontal I used some red gingham ribbon, tied into a double flat bow, adding a couple of strawberries. The From the kitchen of tag is from Cookbookin'. In the bottom corner I used more berries along with Mulberry Leaves and a couple of Sweetheart Blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts. The corners were softened with Self-Adhesive Pearls.



For the first panel on the inside I used products from the new release at Whimsy Stamps: Touch of Sweetness Notables Set designed by the marvelously talented Ann Vento, Mason Jar Die, and Notables 5 Die. After coloring the strawberries and leaves I added more Glossy Accents to the berries. And for the jotting spot, I used a simple double flat gingham bow.

Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope to see you again real soon! Have a wonderful day and a marvelous weekend. Big hugs!!

45 comments:

Linda said...

What a sweet card
hugs Linda

paperpapier said...

ha..ha...I love your interpretation of in the country with Tilda picking strawberries and making jam at grandmother's house ....a good one, lol!! I have a Tilda with baskets of strawberries and your story inspire me to make a card with it too...tx....!! Love this beautiful card, especially the gingham ribbon and paper elements.
Heaney xx

Leslie said...

Oh, how cute is that?! Love your Tilda, the hat and tiny berries, and your papers! Simply adorable!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Jacque, says 'country' to me! Love the image and how you've coloured her and the papers and details are perfect x

nannapat said...

I love the gingham and flowers - very, very country. A gorgeous card Jacque & the inside is lovely too. Pat x

rovianne said...

What a great card! This looks really countrystyle. Love the details on it.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Jacque, gorgeous Tilda image. love the country theme,the gorgeous sun hat and berries...perfect.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Only By His Grace said...

Gorgeous card Jacque. I love the papers you used. Gingham always spells country to me. Love the matching ribbon. so fresh.
Those berries are lovely.
Hugs Maz

lucretia said...

Inspired. Where did you get that hat, where did you get that hat? So cute.

Glennis F said...

Gorgeous gingham!! Love the card today

A Casa di Ale said...

BELLISSIMA...ADORO IL COUNTRY....STUPENDO IL CAPELLINO

CIAO DA ALE

Denise said...

This is adorable Jacque - love the country style papers and that little hat is so cute.
Hugs
Denise xx

Moni said...

Stunning card, fab image and details. Hugs,moni

Kara Lynne said...

Your card definitely says "country" to me! Those papers, that straw hat, berries and all that gingham - so fresh and fun!

yvon said...

Oh wow, love your country-card, it's so cute. Love the little hat you've used and Tilda is awesome. Fantastic card. Have a super weekend.
Hugs, Yvon

Karen said...

Beautifully done! Can almost smell the country just looking at it!! : )

Mieke'S said...

Beautiful card!
Greetings Mieke'S

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhh, I love this country scene you created for this magnificently colored Tilda....the paper selection couldn't be more perfect!
Brilliantly showcased cutie!!!!
Wishing you a fabulous weekend!

Rene said...

That HAT is absolute PERFECTION!!!! Love it!
Rene :D

Elle said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!!!!

Sonia said...

What a adorable card Jacque!Love the image and fab details:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards Jacque.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kim. said...

Gorgeous card and lol got to love your take on the challenge. Beautifully embellished as always.
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

Love the gorgeous little hat, very pretty card
hugs julie P

Auntie Em said...

I love your little country girl.She looks so proud of her big jar of jam! :) So many pretty patterns with the sweet red gingham trim and the little straw hat is precious!!! :)
Enjoy your weekend! :)

Unknown said...

Love the little hat! So cute!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet card. I just love the hat embellishment. TFS.

Lenoria said...

This is such a cute card! I love this image especially since I have been canning stuff lately!

Susan said...

OH Jacque! I LOVE, Love, love this card!!
I am a country girl, farming in my blood from my mom's side of the family. I was always canning and preserving..now due to my disabilities i have cut waay back. If no one has requested this card yet, I would sooo love to have it. I would hang it up as a personal reminder of one of my fav things to do in the kitchen (in addition to cooking and baking)
The colors are perfect and that HAT totally makes the card!
Hugs,
Susan

cabio's craft corner said...

I totally can sit and relax to take my time enjoying this card as long as I want now, lol. Beautiful card Jacque. Lover the dark DP with the red contrasts. What a fun straw hat embellie. Cute!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card with a lovely stamp.

Hugs Astrid.

Sol said...

I love the hat.. Great Country Colors.. and Great use of Design papers.. And I have never seen this stamp of Tilda before.. :o) Great Card! :o)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Jacque! I love the different patterned papers and the chevrons!

Anonymous said...

What a nice card.

Hugs Friedy

http://scrappy-doe.blogspot.com/

ednamburgess said...

Adorable inside as well as outside. Great ideas. Edna

Cathy Lee said...

Lovely card inside and out, Jacque. Tilda looks so sweet with her jar of jam. Love the gorgeous papers and that little straw hat is adorable.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! Love the cute hat.

Karen

Jenz Bitz 'n' Bobs said...

Gorgeous card Jacque I love this new stamps and your colouring is stunning. Jenny x

Laura said...

I LOVE THIS TILDA STAMP!!! And you have done her up so beautifully! I am a country girl from WI trapped in AZ and your card makes me yearn for home. The papers and embellishments complement Tilda perfectly.

♥ Laura C.

Unknown said...

What a lovely creation,love the little sraw hat so cute.:) Jacqueline.S

Solange Barreto said...

Amei a Tilda, ficou bela.
Um beijo, feliz e abençoada semana.
Saúde e Paz.
Fique com Deus.

Zora said...

Love this card with this colours.

Anonymous said...

Very cute and very country!

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, Your card is so darling! I love the DP's that you used, especially the red gingham. I remember when we bought those hats. What a perfect accent for this card along with the berries! I just love this card!
Big Hugs,
Suzan

Teresa Carini said...

How beautiful your card! I love that whole image of the bottle! Hugs!!