Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tilda Decorates for Christmas at Friday Sketchers 81


Happy Saturday evening to everyone!! I hope your weekend is going well!! We had SNOW this morning and it looked like a blizzard BUT the sun came out and the snow left quickly!! Whew!!! I am NOT a snow and winter person at all!! How many days til Spring arrives????

I wanted to show you my DT sample card for Friday Sketchers 81 this week using a sketch of the very talented Bea of Germany who is hosting this week. She has secured some very nice prizes so I hope you will come over and use Bea's sketch and show us your interpretation of her sketch!!

For my card, I used Bazzill for the base, Prismatics for all matting, Imaginisce Polar Expressions for the DP (thank you so much Suzan...and for the wee lights as well!!) and the image is stamped on Cryogen White. I used Tilda with Christmas Tree from the new collection which is still available at Magnolia-licious. I'm sure you will notice that this is one of the very few times that I have not given Tilda alot of dimension but I did cut her little feet out before cutting her out with the Nestie...just slid the Nestie under her feet and let her prance around a little outside the circle. She was colored with Copics and a touch of Stickles and I shined her boots with Glossy Accents. For the corner flower treatment, I used little roses touched with stickles and a bit of bridal spray.

Several of you have emailed me about how I make the curlicues for the roses...well, I don't know how you are supposed to do them but I just take the stem of the rose, flatten it on the back and then wrap it around a toothpick all the way down and then slide the toothpick out and position the curlicue where I want it...that was too simple huh?

Since the front of the card was sooooo simple for my taste, I wanted the inside to be a bit more of a SURPRISE...so here ya go!!!!



I told you Little Tilda was decorating so I had to show you her Christmas Tree which is from last year's collection at Magnolia. It is decorated with rhinestones and pearls and a star button and of course she hasn't finished with the wee little lights yet!!!! I finished the inside with a couple of bows and a Christmas tree charm.

Thank you so much for dropping by to see us!! And we hope you will return often!! Please let me know what you think about my little Maggie and until we meet again...Maggie hugs for each of you!!!

36 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW this is so beautiful, I love those papers! That Tilda is darling and you colored her beautifully! TFS! Hugs, Mindy

Candy said...

Hello Jacque!
Another beautiful card!! This one looks like it was a lot of fun to make :o)
As always it is perfection with all of your lovely flowers, the charm, lights and baubles on the tree. So pretty!!
Warm hugs, Candy

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful card featuring a gorgeous Tilda, and the inside of the card is just as beautiful.
Sharol Reab

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Printable Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 05 Dec [LA 02:00pm, NY 05:00pm, UK 10:00pm] - 06 Dec [OZ 09:00am]).

Diamond Doll said...

Wow another fab card .I love the inside the tree is just gorgeous.
((hugs))
Trish (-:

Danni said...

How darling, inside and out!! Wonderful!

LINDA W. said...

Another great card,i love to check on you and see your pretty cards.
Linda W.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacque - I ordered this Tilda too! hope she comes soon! So cute! love this paper you used too...sweet and so festive!
Pam Going Postal

Cami said...

Splendidly cute card, Jacque! Love those DPs from Suzan and on the inside, those mini lights are too cute! Wonderful, cheerful card, embellished perfectly! Hugs, Cami

Barb Hardeman said...

Another winner Jacque! Just delightful in her finery with her little Christmas Tree. Love taht dp! I'm still waiting for my Christmas Tildas to arrive, I'm afraid it will be too late to do much with them...love the little string of lights you used on the inside of this beautiful card...

Jessica G. said...

Perfect combination of DPs in these non-traditional holiday colors! This is my favorite of the holiday Tildas and you've showcased her wonderfully -- can't wait to start coloring mine!!

Suzan L said...

Jacque, This card is sooooo cute!! I love the combination of the two DP's for the background. They are perfect for this sketch. And Tilda is colored in so beautifully!! The inside is also so wonderful with the beautifully decorated Christmas tree and the Christmas lights!! Thank you for sharing those wonderful hints!!
Hugs, Suzan

Kim said...

Jacque what an adorable Tilda! WOW the inside is fantastic! Amazing creation hun!!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Jodie from Oz said...

Jacque, This wonderful card is stunning inside & out. Tilda is adorable with these delish papers and I love the Christmas lights around the tree. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Only By His Grace said...

Super duper. I love this card. How nice to have the Christmas lights too. Beautifully coloured as well.
Hugs marion

Julye said...

Fab fun card it reallt tells a story and I love those mini fairy lights thanks Julye

Karen Arthur said...

Oh my, what a darling card. I love the Tilda, colors and the accents on the tree, etc.
As always, Great Job!!
Hugs, Karen A

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card, love the colours you have used. Debs xx

Moni said...

Hi Jacque, gorgeous card, love the papers! Tilda is awesome as always. Gorgeous flowers and so love your inside card! Great decoration! Hugs, Moni

Krista said...

Wouw Jacque, what a great card!! I love it!!

Tineke's hobby said...

Hi Jacque
Beutiful card i like the colors you have used
Tineke

Chrissie said...

What a beautiful card Jacque, I really like this aqua colour for Christmas and the inside is even more ornate than the cover, I just LOVE it!

Vivi Casale said...

that is an adorable card Darling and I love how Tilda decorated her christmas tree!!
it is so pretty!!
hugs & kisses
Vivi

Anonymous said...

Jacque, your card is extraordinarily beautiful. The inside is exquisite. I love this image of Tilda and you colored her to perfection.
As always..... a true work of art!!! Hugs, Christina C.

Tracey said...

I LOVE this! Jacque, you are amazing!! xx

Maria Therese said...

Beauutiful details!!

christina d said...

I love this card. The tilda is so cute. And the inside, wow what a pretty one!

CraftyC said...

This is a beautiful card and the insert is wonderful!
Clairex

Sharon said...

Hi Jacque, you're freezing your tootie off and I'm having a meltdown in SA - shew! Wish I had a little bit of your cold weather - hehe. Another stunning creation, inside and out. Take care, hugs Sharon and Kendall

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jacque,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

KanataNewf said...

Wow...such a beautiful card! Inside and out!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Jacque! Love the colors you used and your coloring is amazing! Tilda is gorgeous! hugs!!

Patricia Garcia said...

Wow love the pretty colors and this Tilda is just adorable!!

Hugs,
Patricia

HazelQ said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors you chose and your coloring is amazing!!
Hugs
Hazel

thread-bare said...

Wow this card is just sooo beautiful xx Clare x

Kerry D-C said...

Oh Jacque! this is so FANTASTICAL! Inside and out!! Thanks too for the tip on the rose curliques....jeepers...I was just cutting my stems off!