Sunday, December 6, 2009

Little Frosty Catches a Snowflake


Happy Sunday evening!! I hope you have had a marvelous weekend are ready for a fun and exciting upcoming week. I tend to hide alot these days and take all roads around town. I am NOT a Christmas shopper unless you can buy it on-line...lol

Since we had some real live snow on Saturday, I just had to ink up this Frosty with Snowflake from Magnolia-licious. This cutie doesn't seem to be in stock at the moment but his two little brother snowmen are and they are precious too!!! This little cutie fits the challenge requirements over at Copic Creations too!!! I have to tell you that at one point Saturday looked like a blizzard but absolutely nothing remained on the ground after the sun popped out...thus, the end of the blizzard!!! yipppppppeeeeeeeee

I used Bazzill for the base, all matting is PTI, and the papers are BoBunny. Little Frosty was stamped twice on Cryogen White and one image was cut out...both were colored with Copics. For those of you who have asked, I use the cool grays, C00 and C0 to color Frosty before blending him completely with the blender. I used Diamond Stickles for the snowflake he is holding. After propping up one of the images I then outline the entire image with BG0000 and C00 on the ground. The corner snowflakes are punched MS Himalayan flakes covered with Twinklets and then adding Karen Foster red jewel centers. To finish the front I added several red Swarovski sparkles, some organza ribbon and silver cord, and a mitten charm.

The inside is just several chipboard glittery snowflakes with the same red sparkles, another red bow and a snowman charm for the jotting spot.

I would like to remind you that at Belles 'n Whistles we are starting the second week of our Advent Calendar and if you are not visiting everyday you are missing out on the opportunity to win some fantastic prizes...As a matter of fact there is a great prize EVERY day through the 25th!!! I will have a posting on Thursday, December 10 so I hope you can come by and see me as well as visiting the BnW blog...I might even have some sweet stuff too...wink!!!

Thank you so much for visiting Frosty and me today and I look forward to seeing you again real soon. Please let me know what you think of this little snowfolk. I love hearing from you!! Have a wonderful week and until we meet again...Bunches of Maggie Hugs!!!!

39 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

oooooo...how gorgeous, Jacque!!! Love this snowman!!! Your detailing is gorgeous and love that big red ribbon and bow! Those snowflakes are amazing!!!!! Love it! hugs!

Cami said...

Oh my, Jacque! He is a cutie and I love how you colored him...thanks for that tip! Red and blue is so pretty together especially with your big red bow and the red sparkles! Pretty card inside and out! Enjoy the snow because we never see any in Hawaii LOL! Hugs, Cami

Stampin Mindy said...

This is lovely! I love this snoman! The colors are stunning and your choice of embellishments are just perfect!

Larisa said...

Cute snowflakes, cute ribbon, cute job as always))))

Lilian said...

Gorgeous work as always Jacque! Gorgeous coloring and love your embellies. :) Had to pass on ordering the snow people as it might be too late for my cards. I can just be happy drooling over yours. Thanks for joining the Copic Creations challenge and have a wonderful day!

Patricia Garcia said...

Super, Super card!! Great coloring, love your card!!

Love,
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jacque, and great colors and details
The snowman is so cute.

Hugs Jannie

Moni said...

Good morning Jacque, you did again fantastic card, lovely image and so great colouirng. Love all details adn fab papers, cant forget about fab colour combo. Snowfolk are stunning! Have a nice day! hugs,moni

Ellen said...

Hello Jacque,what a gorgeous card with the snowman, just love how you gave him red gloves so cute, and these snowflakes are so beautiful just like the gloves embellies and the beautiful red bow !!
Great job !!

Ellen

Berni said...

This is one gorgeous card Jacque. I love everything about it.
Berni

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card!!

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooooo cute! Love the colors!

Cheryl said...

So darn cute, Jacque! Love all the red with that cutie!

Rosette said...

He is sooo cute!! I actually have one of his brothers ;) so maybe they will soon meet on blogland hehe Thanks for sharing this with us sweetie Maggie Huggies to you as well :)

Monique said...

Your card is beautifull !!!

Hugs Monique

Jacey's Mom said...

Another beautiful card. I borrowed your twinklets covered snowflakes idea. I love that look. I'm more a scrapbooker than a card maker but you are inspiring me to look for some cute stamps so I can start making some cute cards. =)

Anonymous said...

That snowman is simply divine and the papers and embellishments are absolutely gorgeous.
As always, the inside of your card is as stunning as the outside. Your work is sooooooooo amazing, Jacque. Hugs, Christina C.

Jodie from Oz said...

Stunning card Jacque, such a cute Snowman and love the big red bow. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Tracey said...

Love this snowman! So cute! A gorgeous card Jacque!! xx

Marimer said...

Es una marailla entrar en tu blog y ver estas preciosidades de tarjetas, son increibles y los sellos super bien coloreados, me encantan, enhorabuena. Bss.

Jeanette said...

Oh my dear Jacque! It is always such a pleasure to come and visit your blog and see your amazing, gorgeous cards! They are all divine!
Hope all is well with you and yours. I am so swamped with all things Christmas at the moment!
Hugs Jeanette:)

Eulanda said...

This is absolutely gorgous and I love the bling!! He is the cutest snowman I have ever seen!!

Krista said...

I just adore this stamp'it's the cutest Snowman ever!! Your card is fabulous!!

Kerry D-C said...

soooo cute!!!! Love the papers and snowflakes!! So pretty!

Suzan L said...

This card is sooooo cute Jacque!! I love the new snowman and how you colored him in. He really pops off the page with the shadow behind him!! And, the snowflakes that you made are so beautiful!! I love all the other wonderful details that you added too!!
Hugs, Suzan

HazelQ said...

Lovely card Jacque! I love the colors and the stamp is gorgeous :) you did a nice job coloring it. I wonder where did you get that cute charm? Looks really good with the organza ribbon.
Hugs
Hazel

Kim said...

Jacque what an amazing snowman card! That is so adorable! LOVE those snowflakes, they are beyond gorgeous!
Hugs~ Kim

Norma said...

Jacque, fabulous card. Love the colours and the adorable snowman. Love, love love those snowflakes of yours. They are beyond gorgeous. Now I must invest in some Himalayan flakes. Thanks for the tip.

Hugs.
Norma

Barb Hardeman said...

Another absolutely fabulous card Jacque! I'm having some serious computer issues, so I'm very late getting to comment on this darling snowman with the snowflake. Beautiful coloring and your charms, as always, add so much to the card. I love the dp, and have used it on a Christmas card lately too. Beautiful work my dear...hugs...Barb

Jodi said...

Wonderful card for the challenges!! I love this little guy too! Love the snowflakes and the red on your card!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Beccy said...

Gorgeous card - such a cute snowman.

Beccy x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jacque,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Jacque love the colours
Anne xx

Karen Arthur said...

I love snowman and this one is so cute.
Great Job
Hugs, Karen

Tindaloo said...

the cutest snowman card ever! :)

Linapyssel said...

Fab card, sooo cute and I love the color combo!
Hugs Lina

thread-bare said...

Aww this is just so adorable Jacque. How lucky to have some snow... not cold enough here yet xx Clare x

BlueMoonScrapbooking said...

What an adorable card!!!!

Candy said...

Hi Jacque!
I am late late late - but have finally managed to get here. LOVE your card! Those snowflakes are to die for!!!!!
Hugs, Candy