Friday, December 11, 2009

Edwin has a Blast in the Snow at Friday Sketchers



Happy Friday evening! I hope that you are well prepared for a marvelous weekend and are not feeling all the stress that goes along with this time of year everywhere!!

This week at Friday Sketchers we are being hosted by the magnificently talented Carole of England who has given us a wonderful sketch to use. I hope that you will pay a visit to the Friday Sketchers blog to see all of the wonderful cards that the Design Team members have made using Carole's sketch. We would love for you to participate this week by showing us your interpretation of the sketch and perhaps you could be the winner of a wonderful prize.

For my card I used Bazzill for the base, the matting is Bazzill and blue glitter paper, and the DP is from BoBunny Tis the Season collection...thank you Suzan!! I have enjoyed these papers sooooo much!! I have stamped Edwin On Sledge from the Christmas collection at Magnolia-licious onto White Cryogen and colored him with Copics. I think this stamp may be out of stock for the moment but I'm sure if you contact Diana that she will make every attempt to get it for you. For the bit of sparkle of the snowflakes I have used Diamond Stickles. The front was finished with ball fringe and red grosgrain ribbon, a couple of twinklet snowflakes and some tiny red buttons.



For the inside of the card I repeated the square panels from the front, adding more twinklet snowflakes, red ribbon and a small silver sled (sledge) on the jotting spot.

I would like to thank each of you for coming by and for all of the support that you give me...it is so humbling to know that you visit and are so sweet and kind in your comments about my creations. I hope that you will return often! Please have a safe and fun weekend and until we meet again, great big old Maggie hugs for you!!

35 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

He's adorable, Jacque! I love this Edwin and was hoping to get him colored up this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration! Beautiful paper and LOVE those pom poms!! Another fabulous creation! hugs!

Danni said...

He looks like he's having fun! Great color combo! Wonderful card!

Donna said...

Love Edwin on the sled. Reminds me of fun times in the snow!

Suzan L said...

Jacque, Your card is so cute inside and out!! Edwin is colored in so beautifully and the DP are perfect for this card!! I also love the twinklet snowflakes and the pom pom trim!!
Hugs, Suzan

Cami said...

Jacque, this Edwin is so cute riding his sled! I hardly own Edwin stamps so I can appreciate your cards with him...I struggle to make "male" cards but you have done a wonderful job and those DPs are just perfect! Isn't Suzan just a sweetheart?!!! The inside of your card is just as wonderful, and of course, I love the sled charm you added. You're the "charm Queen!" Hugs, Cami

Jodie from Oz said...

Jacque, stunning card inside & out. Edwin looks wonderful in these gorgeous bright colours and I love the papers and trim. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Candy said...

Hi Jacque,
I am busy making the same card this weekend!
Yours is just perfect as usual. It is beautiful inside and out. Edwin is just so cute...
Hugs, Candy

Moni said...

Hi Jacque gorgeous card, an Edvin is so cute and papers are fab! Lovely details! Great job! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs,Moni

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love the fun snowflake accents and your coloring!! HUGS

Nancy said...

Love your card Jacque! Edwin looks like he is having so much fun. Your coloring and details are fabulous as always!
Hugs,
Nancy

Jessica G. said...

Perfect winter colors for Edwin who looks like he's loving the weather! Your DPs are gorgeous and don't you love that Bazzill ribbon?

Anonymous said...

I love this color combo. Your paper is gorgeous. And of course your talent shines!
Hugs,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh he's precious. I have only 1 magnolia at the moment and I was considering him to expand my collection. You've done a beautiful job with him!!
Beth Greco

Patricia Garcia said...

OOOh he's a cutie one, love the pretty papers!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Ahhh....Jacque...this is just adorble...Edwin looks like he's having a lot of fun on that sledge! Love the pom pom ribbon and the beautiful inside :-)
Have a happy weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacque....happy weekend! I love the colors on this card and as always your attention to even the smallest details are perfection!

Abby:)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Simply adorable, and that red is so vibrant.
Hugs
Tanya

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

ho hun, this is sooo cute.
i love your coloring on this wonderful card
hugs

Christina C. said...

Edwin definitely looks like he is having fun. Wonderful card, Jacque. Love the embellishments and Edwin is colored to perfection. It's nice to see an Edwin card once in a while. Such a darling card!!! Hugs, Christina

Georgina said...

Jacques once again another work of art - the colours are perfect and Edwin is really enjoing his ride down the hill. The Bo Bunny seasonal paper are great. I love your special embellishments!

Myrna said...

He's so cute! I can't wait to get mine next week!TFS

Anonymous said...

He's so cute. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting him!
Shell

Patti Jo said...

Adorable card! Love the color selection and trims! Well done!

Diamond Doll said...

Hiya Jacque, Edwin looks fantastic Your colouring is brill and i love the little Sledge charm a lovely added xtra.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Jacque, this card is a cutiee!! I love this image of Edwin on the sled.. it is so much fun!!!!!!
hugs & kisses
Vivi

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jacque,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Norma said...

Jacque, just beautiful!!! Love the colours you chose for this card and of course your colouring is exceptional. Edwin is so cute. I always like how you decorate the inside of your cards. The charm is just perfect.

Hugs.
Norma

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Printable Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Dec [LA 03:31pm, NY 06:31pm, UK 11:31pm] - 13 Dec [OZ 10:31am]).

Tracey said...

Oh my goodness, Jacque!! I adore this card! First of all, Edwin is adorable on his sleigh and you have coloured him beautifully!! And I love those snowflakes and that pom pom trim!! Lovely, my dear!! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!! xx

Nilla said...

Fabulous card, papers, coloring and the pom pom ! Perfect! Hugs Nilla

Tineke's hobby said...

This is a beatiful card i like the colors en Edwin is just cute
GR Tineke

Anonymous said...

Wow Jacque, this is just beautiful.. Love the image and the papers are wonderful..Love all the details too.

Hugs Jannie.

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous gorgeous Jacque! Love the paper and the adorable image!

dragon said...

Stunning card and you have used the most beautiful papers as always Jacqueline...!

Lynn xx

Sylvia Blum said...

Ohhhh Jacque, this is another adorable and stunning card creation by you! I'm so in awe with every single piece that you create! (sorry for not commenting on every card)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, dear!
{love} Sylvia