Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tilda Brings Packages to Just Magnolia


Happy Saturday everyone!!! Gosh, I hope that everyone in the US survived Black Friday...and everyone outside the US had a marvelous day and week too!!! For those of you who have never heard of Black Friday, it is the first official day of Christmas shopping in the US with sales beginning as early as midnight with people lined up for miles to buy things on sale. I personally am not a Black Friday shopper--internet shopping is my speed!!!!

This week at Just Magnolia our challenge is provided by the very talented Donalda. You can flip and rotate the sketch any way you wish, as long as we can still see the elements of the sketch. You can combine our challenge with any other challenges of your choice and as long as the main image on your creation is a Magnolia stamp, you will qualify to be in the draw for the fab prize. And remember NO back linking, new projects/cards only please. The very nice prize this week is provided by Crafts U Love. So come on over and join in with us this week!!! We would love to see your creations!!

For my DT Sample Card I used Bazzill for the base, PTI Vintage Cream and Spring Rain for all matting, and the cute and sweet DP is Mary by Melissa Frances. All background panels are machine stitched. I used that darling little Tilda with Wedding Gifts from the Wedding Collection over at Magnolia-licious which can be used for any festive occasion, not just for weddings...she is carrying Christmas gifts today...wink!! It looks as though she may not be available right now, but if you would like to have her, contact Diana at Magnolia-licious and I'm sure she will make sure to get her for you. She was stamped on Cryogen White and colored with Copics before cutting her out with rectangular Nesties. The Shopping List is from MF and I gathered and added MF crepe paper to one side. The sentiment is from the Holiday Ticket Sentiments cut out with the Ticket Die, both from Whimsy Stamps. The floral treatment is a Small Flat Gardenia and Cherry Blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts. To complete the front I added a small flat bow and pearls to soften the corners.

The inside of the card is very simple because I just love this paper and wanted as much of it to show as possible, with the sweet sentiments, cute characters, and lovely script. I only added a double Nestie for a jotting spot, and a knotted ribbon holding a sleigh charm.

Thank you so much for coming by today and I hope you will visit me often! It is always such a joy to see that you have been by! In case you have missed it, I have some SWEET STUFF on the posting below AND tomorrow is another giveaway at SUNDAY SENSATIONS from Magnolia-licious!!! So I hope to see you then! Until the next time, I send big Maggie hugs!!!!

51 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

I love this card Jacque and I just bought those Whimsy stamps, the die too and I can;t wait to ink them up! Love your work as always!

Hugs, Kelly

Margreet said...

awesome card Jacque...beautiful papers and great colouring of Tilda...stunning details...I'm going to a Magnolia Winter Event today!!...enjoy your day!
xxx Margreet

paperpapier said...

the background vintage paper is awesome and Tilda look great with the soft colouring!
hugs, Heaney

ribenaruby said...

Love the look of that briliant paper Jacque! Wishing you a pleasant weekend. Ruby x

Helen Philips said...

Christmas, gifts...And in your card there is a mixture of vintage and childish theme. It's very close to my heart. Gentle, sweet card.

Candy said...

Jacque - what a beautiful card!!!
LOVE your design paper - it's wonderful. I wouldn't want to cover it up either!!!
Love, Cancdy

ursula Uphof said...

Tilda seems ready for Christmas, Just love the papers and would also want to show them off. Great card.

Renkata said...

Good Morning Jacque,
This is the most sweetest card I have seen, The DP inside is just breath taken, Now I must go look for a paper like this( smile)
Oh Jacque, thanks for the Candy I did get it and already made shaker card with the amazing Tilda with violin. It really give me such a plesure and Christmas mood, Thanks again dear.
Wish you a wonderful weekend.
Hug's
Renkata

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, Jacque, love it. FAb design, papers, image and details. Have a fab weekend. Hugs,moni

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! Jacque, this is so adorable, I love sweet Maggie in her pastel colours and the shopping list behind her. But my oh my the inside is stunning. Love those papers. I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Jacque,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Silvie Z said...

Gorgeous card, Jacque! Beautiful color combo and papers - love it!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

lucretia said...

Wonderful. Love the old fashioned paper too!

Tracey T said...

This card is absolutely beautiful, Jacque. I love the paper - it has a wonderful vintage look. Hugs, Tracey T x

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Jacque! I think this is one of the nicest cards. I love your coloring and the layout is wonderful. That design paper is gorgeous.
Love the way you did the ribbon.
hugs Maz

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card Jacqui, love that blue ruffle!! Have a nice weekend, Frea

Teresa Carini said...

Hi Jacque! as always nice details! I was absolutely amazed at the images of the background and that can be seen inside the tarjeta.Me love that style!
Good weekend! Greetings!

Janette said...

Oh wow, that paper is so gorgeous, old time christmas feel, love it, Tilda looks stunning, fab card as always.xx

Sue said...

Good day Jacque,I love your stitching mine takes off where I dont want it.lol Your card is beautiful.
Hugs Sue xx

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning!!! : )

annieb said...

Jacque, I so love to see your work. What a great gift you have. This card is stunning. Adorable paper and your coloring is perfect as always. TFS

Christina C. said...

What a fabulous card....love this sweet image!
The papers are particularly gorgeous...at first glance, I thought the papers were digital. It's just a delight to visit your blog....so much inspiration to be found here!

Barb Hardeman said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jacque! I would want to show off that gorgeous paper as well. You did such a fabulous job coloring that pretty Tilda that at first I didn't notice the beautiful ribbon treatment down the side. In fact all your embellies are gorgeous! You are such an inspiration to everyone, thanks for sharing your fabulous talent...hugs, Barb

Sandy said...

What can one say when all your cards are so pretty - BUT - the paper could be a card all by itself!!
Sandy

Mimi said...

Jacque, as always, I'm in awe over your card! Your work is just STUNNING!

Mimi

Lorraine said...

your card is stunning i love the inside too i didn't know there was a ticket die i must add it to my wish list thanks for sharing xx

Sonia said...

I love how you decorate the inside of your cards. I like to do it too (not as beautiful as yours!), but you do not see many who do. It inspires me to do more. Thanks!

angelique (anlou) said...

what a amazingly gorgeous card sweetie
the inside is just as stunning, love that paper
i wish you a nice weekend hun
hugs angelique

Davi said...

Beautiful. The blues are so pretty as is the dp.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!!! I love the colors and the DP is very pretty!!
hugs,
Shell

MarieL said...

I love how the baby blue enhances the DP, it looks fantastic. Great idea including the shopping list. What a sweet card.

Kras said...

Dear Jack, I look forward to the days of ur posts. And today we enjoyed a magic card. Greetings. For us it is very cold.

Carrie said...

I absolutely adore this card! x

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Love the interior almost as much as the exterior. A stunning card.
Hugs
Tanya

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Beautiful card, Jacque! Love the embellies & that DP is gorgeous!!!

Huggies ~ Sharron♥

Knerten said...

A beautiful card again, Jacque ! Love the DP, and the colours, and the beautifully coloured motive; great !
I can relate to your net shopping rather than Black Friday, sounds terrible - pardon me for saying so..
WIsh you the bestest Sunday ever tomorrow, Jacque.
Hugs from freezing cold Oslo, Norway.
Turid

Jean said...

So gorgeous, so soft Jacque.. love the background paper and the paper inside.. this is so beautiful, makes up for black Friday, course I stayed inside also, it rained down here... so your card is like a breath of sunshine.... all your embellishments are so perfect...
Hugs, Jean

yvon said...

Again such a beautiful card Jacque. Just love the colors and the papers are just stunning.
Hugs, Yvon

Rufus said...

I'm with you Jacque, def. NOT a Black Friday sort of gal. Hate the crowds, not to mention I'm a night owl, NOT an early bird! Another lovely card, great colors and like the crepe paper up the side.
Hugs,
R/

Auntie Em said...

Your card is sooo pretty. Love your PP!!! The pretty blue goes so nicely with it. I hate to cover the pretty patterns up to let alone chop it up but what's a girl to do. We gotta' make cards! :D
Thank you for sharing! :o)

x laura x said...

such a beautiful card.
x laura x

Donalda said...

This is just breath taking dear. I so love what you have done with my sketch. And those papers Beautiful dear. Hugs

Mickie said...

I just adore the way you do your cards. The outside is matched with the inside. You inspire me!!

Little K Smith said...

A totally gorgeous card Jacque, love those beautiful papers! A pretty Tilda, gorgeous ribbon and lovely flowers too!
Kelly.x

Diane said...

This is so bautiful, Jacque and that DP is amazing!
Diane x

Paula said...

Absolutly beautiful Jacque i love the colours and the papers and as always such a fab coloured image.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Sol said...

Lovely Card! I love the papers too!!! :)

Manu said...

I love this card!!!! It is simply gorgeous!!!
Hugs
Manu

Kim. said...

This is a really pretty card, I love this image and those papers are gorgeous. The ruffled edge really sets that list off.
Kim xXx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Super vintage papers on this oh so pretty card! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Unknown said...

As always, love your work, you are a very talented lady! Thanks for sharing....:o)