Friday, November 5, 2010

A Hanglar Holiday at Friday Sketchers #127


A very happy Friday to everyone...and welcome to the weekend!!! Isn't it wonderful!!! Gosh, we are supposed to have snow flurries and I am not even close to being ready for that!!! So will you please keep your fingers crossed with me that the weathermen don't know what they are talking about??

Today is Challenge #127 at Friday Sketchers and we are being hosted by Inge from the Netherlands who has designed such a fun and challenging sketch for us to use this week. I hope you will decide to join with us this week and show us your interpretation of the sketch. All rules are on the right sidebar at the challenge blog. This week there is a wonderful prize given by our sponsor, *Wink *Wink Ink.

For my DT Sample Card I used Bazzill for the base and all matting and the DP is from the Fröjdefull Jul Collection by Maja Design, which was a special gift from the extremely creative and talented Gunilla. Thank you so much, sweetie--I just love it! All background panels were machine stitched. The darling image I used is a hÄnglar & stÄnglar cutie which I stamped on Cryogen White and colored with Copics, adding a bit of Starlight Stickles and Silver Spica. I added a little touch of Stempleglede florishes to the edging before adding a silver metal cornerpiece. For the horizontal I used a 1 1/2" Red Grosgrain and 7/8" Silver Grey Organza, adding a snowflake and bow with a dangling silver heart charm.


For the inside of the card, I simply used more of the same papers and details from the front of the card.

I hope you like my little creation and will be able to join us at Friday Sketchers this week. We would love to see your card using Inge's sketch!! Please visit each of the Sassy Sketcher Girls' blogs and let them know what you think of their magnificent creations!!!
Aud, Bea, Claudia, Inge, Janneke, Jeanette, Jorunn, Tanja

Thank you so much for dropping by to check on the happenings in my small world and I hope you will come back often. I will have a Maggie posting tomorrow and a couple of winners to announce this weekend. Be safe and have a delightful weekend, wherever you may be...Big hugs coming your way!!

45 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh such a beautiful card... I just lvoe visiting your blog... I am keeping my fingers crossed NO SNOW FLURRIES......
huggs

Kras said...

Jack, really feel your kindness in a fantasy world. And you kept.

Patty Sue 2 said...

I can't believe how beautiful your cards are. I am in awe of outside and in. This card is no exception I love the colors! Who is ready for snow...not me! LOL I guess we will have to get ready!

Moni said...

Hi Jacque, fab card, image is so gorgeous and love the heart charms. Hugs,moni

jennyplace2 said...

Just so beautiful, all those extra details, this is what the craft is all about! TFS

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhhhh....she is beautiful!!!!!! This card is absolutely gorgeous....love the papers, the charm, the beautiful corners and, above all, your coloring of this wonderful image!!!! Your cards are all unbelievable works of art!

Unknown said...

Gorgious card Jacqui, you are so talented!! I'm alway in awe looking at your creations.
Hugs, Frea

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous card....love it inside and out :o)
hugs and xxx

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love the red and white.

Jennifer

yvon said...

Stunning card as ever.Love the colors and the image as well.
Hugs, Yvon

Edith said...

As usual, this is a beautiful card, Jacque! There is a lot of love on your work:)
Hugs, Edith

Cor* said...

Such a perfect sketch, papers, embellies and coloring!! So perfect!

Teresa Carini said...

Hello! very nice your card! another nice job! and thanks for your example! Today more than ever I have to take this into account. A hug!

troy said...

ooh this is lovely jaque, fingers crossed you dont get the predicted snow
hugs Troy xx

Diamond Doll said...

So Gorgeous Jacque, i just love those papers and embellies.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Lorraine said...

oh wow this is so beautiful i just love your style so beautifully coloured and i love the metal embellies xx

Paula said...

Wow Jacque this is such a stunning card i adore the cute Hangler image and such fab detail.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Lena said...

Wow! Jacqui, such a beautiful card... Fantastic job as always. Thanks for your example. I admire you.
hugs
Lena

Kimberly S said...

So pretty on the outside and the inside...wow! Love the charm accents, just lovely! :)

charlene said...

Jacque your little card is just to cute !
Hugs

Rufus said...

Jacque, you know the weather people are wrong about 75% of the time! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ~ NO snow, YET! Love all the charms and accents on this card.
R/

Lisa Summerhays said...

Gorgeous! Great layout. I'll have to play along. Love the red (my favorite color) and those fabulous embellishments!

solka said...

sweet angel! :)

Janneke said...

What a great card Jacque ;o0
Have a great weekend!

Jannneke X

Knerten said...

A beautiful card, again, so lovely DP's you have here, Jacque. Hope your weekend will be a good one :-) Take care.
Love, Turid

angelique (anlou) said...

OMG what a gorgeous card sweetie
the image is so adorable, the sketch is amazing, all the little charms are sweet
i gif you a huge hug back
hope you'll enjoy your weekend, (i'm not)
my husband is still in the hospital and have no idea when he's getting home
i'm not so lucky now
XX angelique

Susan said...

another beauty of a holiday card! I love all the red :) I haven't been making cards since September due to other crafts and swaps. Time to jump back in. This is an awesome sketch and I love the stamp and all the details!

Susan

Diane said...

What a fabulous creation, Jacque - it's truly lovely!
Diane x

Inge Groot said...

Woooow this beautiful hÄnglar card gives you a real xmas feeling, love it Jacque!

Have a great weekend,

Inge xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Jacque. Such an adorable image and beautifully coloured.

Hugs Jannie.

Clare Arnold said...

this card is simply beautiful

CLare

Margreet said...

it's a marvellous card again Jacque....fab colouring and nice papers and embellies!
xxx Margreet

Sue said...

Beautiful card Jacque,what a lovely angel and coloured so good.
Hugs Sue

Auntie Em said...

Love your card! The red and silver are very frosty and pretty with your little sparkly winged angel!
Thank-you for sharing! :o)

Gloria Westerman said...

Beautiful!!! I love your details....and your creations.....you are such an inspiration.....and if it does snow...hopefully it will only be a dusting.....take care....

Renkata said...

Such an adorable card.
These snowflake are I must have ( hehehe) Really gorgeous touch to the card.
Have a wonderful weekend.

ewarost said...

A beautiful piece, really closer to Christmas time ... Have a nice weekend.

Alberto said...

so pretty, Jaque!!
Love the colors and the hAnglar stamp ;)

Hugs, Albert

Vivi Casale said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!
xxx
Vivi

Debbi said...

So gorgeous! I love the layout!
*smiles*
debbi

Tracey T said...

Just stunning, Jacque! Quite breathtaking! Hugs, Tracey T

Unknown said...

another beautiful card from you!! Great on the inside too! The Hänglar girl looks adorable!

hugs,
Jorunn

Randi WS said...

Hi Jacque!
Lovely card. Those papers fits PERFECT to the Hanglar stamp. I think those images looks best with red traditional papers ;) Fab inside as always ;)

Lots of love, Randi WS

Hanneke said...

What a cute card! I really like the embellishments and ribbons you used :)

Carole RB said...

Sooooo cuuuute!