Friday, September 23, 2011

Time for School, Miss Tilda!!!!



A very happy Friday to everyone and best wishes for a marvelous weekend!! Tis autumn in these mountains so I am going to have some outside time methinks--just enjoying the delicious fall weather!!

Today is our new challenge at the Just Magnolia and hÄnglar & stÄnglar Challenge and I would love for you to join in with us this week. Michelle O is hosting this week and has given us the theme of FALL/BACK TO SCHOOL to play with this time. We can't wait to see you there with your lovely creations!! There is a fabulous prize this week from Quixotic Paperie for some lucky participant!! We would love for you to have a peek at all of the magnificent DT Sample cards/projects over at the Just Magnolia and hÄnglar & stÄnglar Challenge so come on over!!!

For my DT Sample card this week I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting, the DP is from the BG Oxford pad, the grade card is from Crate Paper School Spirit Collection, and all background panels are machine stitched. The little cutie I used is from the 2008 So Heavenly/Travel/School Collection and is Tilda With Pencils. She is available at Magnolia-licious. I personally think it is time to see some more school cuties from Magnolia, don't you? I colored her with Copics and Promarkers, adding a touch of Star Dust Stickles to the lace on her dress. The autumn sentiment circle is from Catslife Press. For the horizontal I used two different widths of grosgrain ribbon and tied the smaller one into a double flat bow. All of the sweet school embellies are from a local miniature shop...I just love those pencils!!! Of course an old school teacher loves pencils and papers anyway!! hahahah But please don't ask me about papers...that's a topic for another day...smiles!!


The inside is very simple--I just used more grosgrain ribbon with twine tied red buttons and another of those cute pencils on the jotting spot!

Thank you so much for dropping by today and I hope you will want to come by for a visit often!! It is always such a joy to know that you were here! Have a great weekend and I will be back real soon!! And Sunday there is another wonderful surprise at SUNDAY SENSATIONS!!! Until the next time, I send big hugs for YOU!!!

50 comments:

Linda said...

What a gorgeous card
hugs Linda

Larrik said...

Замечательная открытка в подарок к началу учебного года !

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card
Jacque love the paper;s and fabulous colour's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Margo said...

O I just love her and your papers go so well together !
I have just made a card with one of the new stamps for the Christmass collection and they are just adorable, I couldn't resist them :)
Enjoy your day !
Hugs
Margo

Sinikka said...

A great card. The paper is amazing and I LOVE those pencils!!!!!
Have a great friday
HUgs Sinikka

Unknown said...

Such a cute card. Tilda is sooo cute :O) Love it!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
this is amazing hunni
i just love all the little school details on it
the in and outside are super sweetie
hugs angelique

Cards By MI said...

A really sweet card with lovely colors. Adorable!
xxMarie

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card sweetie ♥

AsilisA MaM said...

charming image and a nice card - just love it!!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Jacque, how lovely your bows are...and fabulous papers.love all the details, really lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

yvon said...

This is stunning, love every detail of it. Those little pencils are to cute.
Have a fantastic weekend.
Hugs, Yvon

Riet said...

So beautiful card Jacque,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Jacque, love those papers x

Ellen said...

Great card with lovely details!
Have a nice weekend...

groetjes, Ellen

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Jacque, the DP is just perfect for your Tilda
Hugs Julie P

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, Jacque! I love the coordinating paper you found for this card in particular! She could be the student or the teacher... wonderful embellishments! And, I love the inside, too. This is an adorable stamp!

Enjoy that weather! Still hot in FL!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

Kaartengek17 said...

wow nice card and the paper is looking good by it...hug marion

Helen said...

Lovely card. Wishing you a fabulous weekend.

Sara I. said...

Absolutely fabulous! Lovin' those tiny pencils!!xx

Mo said...

Jacque your card is super cute !!!
Have a wonderful weekend, hugs
Mo

Paula said...

Cute! I think the older stamps are so cute and enjoy seeing them! The inside may be simple, but looks great. Adorable card :)

Teri said...

Jacque, it's just sooo cute!! I love the school theme and you always manage to find the sweetest little embellishments!!! I don't think the inside is plain at all! It's perfect! Love the twill, it gives such a "school" feeling for some reason!! So cute!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Lucy said...

The inside is not plain. Perfect card. Simply gorgeous!

Christina C. said...

Such a sweet card......nothing plain about your cards...the inside is just perfect!!!
It's so nice to see the older stamps...we seem to forget them! Your Tilda is adorable and the details are spectacular. A beautiful creation indeed!

Maria Luisa- scrap said...

Hi
Beautiful card !!
Have a nice weekend

Durvina said...

So, so, so, cute!

hugs, durvina

Cardgenie said...

Love this card Jacque, so sweet. Jean.xx

Sandy said...

I love this card Jacque - your background paper is perfect for this image. You ALWAYS have the most perfect embellishments. But I would expect a professor to make a good school card - wouldn't you!?!
Sandy

Sandy said...

WHAT LOCAL MINIATURE SHOP?
a local

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card!! I really like the DP you have used and also the colors.
xxxsylvia

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I just love the little pencil embellies.

Lorraine said...

wow this is fab hun love the grade card xx

Elle said...

She fits so well with the paper that you used. Great card!

Teresa Carini said...

Pretty, pretty your card! the details are incredible, these pens are very cute!
Have a nice weekend!

Sue B said...

Aww this is SO cute Jacque! I love the Tilda image and the gorgeous paper! All the little details, the pencils, notepad etc. are really sweet! and decorated so beautifully inside too!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Jacque, this is the sweetest back to school card I have ever seen! Love all the cute embellishments you added, always perfect. those little pencils are adorable. the papers just lovely and perfect for cute Tilda. the inside is so unique and stylish. Love it.
Have a gorgeous weekend dear Jacque.
Hugs.

lucretia said...

Brilliant card and I love that paper!

Kim. said...

Such a pretty card and all the miniatures look amazing. Tilda is beautifully coloured as always and the ribbon looks lovely.
Kim xXx

Kirsty said...

Hi this is so brilliant ! Love the papers and the vintage Tilda ! The bright colours and tiny details are super! Love it ! Kitty :D

MarieL said...

Uuuuuuhhhh, love that DP and those cute embellishments. Jacque, you are the QUEEN of embellishments!!!! Love this card, it is simply gorgeous.

Jennifer said...

Jacque,

I haven't been online in forever, but I can't even tell you how incredibly happy I am that you've gotten such good news!!! :) No one deserves it more!

Thank you for sharing your time & talent with us,

Jennifer
Partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Trish said...

What a fabulous card, Jacque. I adore the image and the books backing papers and of course the pencils. You always make terrific cards.
Hope you're well and having a good weekend.
Hugs,
Trish x

ribenaruby said...

Hi Jacque, such a gorgeous card, loving the miniature decorations onthis fab card. Take care! Ruby x

D K Crafts said...

Hi Jacque. Gorgeous card. Love the papers and little pencils, the colours are beautiful and Tilda is really pretty. Apologies for not visiting recently, I have missed some beautiful cards and I am really pleased with the good news you received. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Donna

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! what a fab card this is. Love the papers, sweet Tilda and those embellishments. Wonderful job Jacque.
Hugs
Suzi x

Mary Lou said...

Precious card Jacque!!!! Takes me back to when my kiddos were littler than me ;) Love to you on this awesome day!!
Huggles

Rene said...

This is fabulous! I love it!
Rene :D

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so cute! I love the sweet little lady ready for class with all her school supply embellies. The shelves of books behind her make a great background!
Thanks for sharing! :)

cebelica said...

Awww, so cute! I love all the details! Hugs!