Friday, April 29, 2011

Tilda with Hawaiian Flower at Just Magnolia and hÄnglar & stÄnglar Challenge



Happy Friday to everyone! I hope that you are all safe, especially after the horrible storms we have had in the Southeast. Again Wednesday night I was up almost all night just waiting to see what the storm would be like and having my pillow and blankie ready to jump into the closet. Surely the weather will improve SOON!!!!!

This week at Just Magnolia and hÄnglar & stÄnglar Challenge we are hosted by the magnificently talented Dawny P who has given us the theme of BUTTONS, BLING, and BOWS...use any or all three!!! This week we have two wonderful sponsors who are providing some great surprises for two lucky winners---The Cutting Cafe and The Ribbon Girl. So come on over and play along with us with your buttons, bling, and bows!!!!

For my DT Sample Card I used Bazzill for the base and all matting and the DP is from the Lilac Mist Paper Stack by Wild Rose Studio. All background panels are machine stitched. I used the darling Tilda with Hawaiian Flower from the Butterfly Dreams Collection at Magnolia-licious. She was stamped on XPress-It Blending Card, colored with Copics, and adding Star Dust Stickles to the lace on her dress and Prisma Glitter to the butterflies. She was cut out with triple Nesties and placed on a white paper doily, blinged with pink rhinestones. I also added some bling-y pink rhinestone swirlies by Recollection and a small pink organza butterfly. For the horizontal I used a lavender organza ribbon with double flat bow holding a 15mm Open Rose. The right corner floral treatment is also by Wild Orchid Crafts: more 15mm Open Roses, 25mm Open Roses, and 5mm Closed Rosebuds.


The inside is very simple this time using the same materials as the front of the card except for the Pink Gingham DP by MM which was a gift from the sweet and very talented Suzan. Thank you, Sweetie!! I just love it!!!!

I hope you like my little creation and will decide to join with us over at the Just Magnolia and hÄnglar & stÄnglar Challenge!! We would love for you to even visit to see the beautiful DT cards this week.

Thank you so much for dropping by today and I hope you will return often!! Have a delightful weekend and I will certainly see you for SUNDAY SENSATIONS from Magnolia-licious real soon, if not before. Don't forget to Hop Along at the Wild Orchid Crafts Blog Hop which ends on Saturday at Noon UK time. And if you haven't visited my Blog Hop posting, please scroll down for some WOC SWEET STUFF. Sending big hugs your way!!!

54 comments:

Maris said...

ohhhhh what a lovely card this is, love the soft colors xx

Chrissy said...

So Beautiful Jacque, the colours are so pretty, love the bling blings, and swirls, the papers, everything.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Cheryl said...

Very cute card Jacque, such sweet colours.
Hugs Cheryl

The Art Town said...

Pretty Tilda. ^^

Susy said...

This is so cute, Jacque!!!!

HUGS SUSY

Ankie vd Polder said...

Ohh whow, this is so gorgeous. Ankie

Sandra1968 said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful and I love the colours.
Hugs, Sandra

Judi said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS work! Love it!

Judi xx

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
this card is super beautiful
lovely colors and the little butterfly is so cute
i'm off now to my best girlfriend, her mother will be bury today, she had a long fight but lost the battle of cancer
hugs angelique

Helen said...

What a gorgeous card!!!

Christina C. said...

Good morning Hon! Wow....what a gorgeous creation! Love the colors and the magnificently colored Miss Tilda! Whooohooo...look at the bling!!!!! Absolutely stunning!!!!!

Hellma said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors.

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Jacque, I love all the sparkle and Tilda looks stunning x

Only By His Grace said...

Wow! what awesome colors. They are colors to make one feel good. super design.
Hgus Maz

Luana said...

Beautiful card and colours! I love the swirls! *.*
Lu

Nathje said...

This card is stunning, I love the colours, it's such a beautiful card! :)
Nathje

Marie-Anne said...

The card is really lovely.

Marie-Anne

Queenie Jeannie said...

Those storms are crazy!!! I lived in Savannah and then Augusta, GA before moving to Italy. It makes me sad for the friends I left behind there. Stay safe please!!

Gorgeous card - I think I might play this week!!

Karen said...

Very beautiful card and your coloring is gorgeous! : )

Beth said...

Wow, wow, wow....gorgeous!!!! Beautiful coloring as always, and love the bling and flowers! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Beth

Brenda said...

Simply beautiful as always Jacque!
Bren

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Jacque!! This is so stunning!! I adore your fun happy colors and design sweetie!! Beautiful work!! HUGS

MarieL said...

What a gorgeous card, Jacque and all the lovely embellishments. I really love the colors of the card.
Sorry to hear about all the bad weather. That's when I appreciate living in Nevada. We don't get the kind of weather that frightens the daylight out of you.

Teri said...

Oh so very, very cute, Jacque!!! I love the colors and oh how I love that image!!! I'm sick of this weather too, I am totally ready for some warmer stuff... not 90's mind you, but even a couple days of 75 and sunny would be awesome!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Kras said...

Jacque,
What a gorgeous card

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I just love all the purple. TFS.

Dawnll said...

Such a cutie she is!
Fun shade of Purple.
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Rene said...

This is my new favorite! And she's gorgeous!
Rene :D

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card, love the colours and fab image!
Helen x

Unknown said...

This is stunning Jacque, love that doily and pretty lilac colour on your card. Hope the weather has improved for you :) Happy weekend and big hugs xxx

Lori Aragon said...

Oh this is such a BEAUTY Jacque! I've been drooling over this Tilda for quite awhile now lol! I LOVE this gorgeous card :)
Hope your weekend is fun and relaxing!
Love n hugs,
Lori

D K Crafts said...

Hi Jacque. This is really gorgeous. Love the colours and papers and the image is adorable and as usual great details on your card. Hope your weather improves soon. Donna

Chris said...

Gorgeous card.

Brook said...

Sweet card. I just got this Magnolia stamp in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to ink her up. Hope you didn't get hit too bad with the storms. I'm hoping for some better weather too.

Candy said...

Beautiful Jacque!!!
Love the inside too. Beautiful rhinestones :o)
Hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card Jacque. The pretty layout and I love the way you added rhinestones on the doily. Very cute touch :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Jacque! The DPs and embellies are so pretty and I like this color scheme. Of course, this Tilda is one of my favorite (for now).
Hugs, Cami

cebelica said...

So, so beautiful!

Kras said...

This spring and aromatic cards are nice to buy. Success Jackie my dear.

Christine Schärfer said...

Hi Jacque! Lovely card you make. I saw at the TV news here in Sweden about the tornadors in Alabama! It was terrifing and I thought the film "The Twist". But this was for real. Thinking of the poeple who lost their homes. Hope the storm is over and those who need get the helps they need.

Wish you a good Saturday.

Hugs
Christine

Kirsty said...

Hi gorgeous Tilda colouring is so beautiful against these beautiful papers and doily. Glad you are okay and hope the storms clear. Kitty :D

Renkata said...

Ohhh I love her in colour purple , look so gorgeous.

pinky said...

That is so sweet Jacque, love the gorgeous colours and beautiful papers.

Marion said...

Hi Jacque, Got back from Scotland last night and you have shown some wonderful cards while I have been away. This card is gorgeous and love all the extra little details on it. Hope you had a fantastic Easter.
hugs
Marion

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Dear Jacque, what could I add that has not already been said on this wonderful work of art??? I love it, all of it. Especially all the bling, the girlie stuff!!!!!! so nicely put together! Tilda is soooooo cute, another one of my favourite, that I still had no time to color, Have a wonderful weekend, full of sun.
Hugs.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

awwww... sweetie this card is just most adorable.
loving your coloring as usually you made a breathtaking card
love
Claudia
give huggles to your mom today from me

christina d said...

All I can say is WOW! I love all your cards but this one knocked my socks off! It's beautiful! Ever think of giving classes?

Ali said...

This is a truly gorgeous Tilda card! I love visiting your blog - you and your cards are such an inspiration!

Linda . J said...

This is stunning Jacque, fabulous colours and details!perfectly gorgeous and the papers are beautiful!

Hugs Linda

guylaine said...

Wouahhh! your cards are great! I love the way you color your Tilda's! Like your style! Kisses from France

LindaSS said...

Ohhh I love the coloring on this sweet Tilda... wonderful...

Sol said...

This Tilda is fantastic!!... Love this Tilda with Butterfly!!! it gives me that Summer feeling!! :o) Perfect with all the flowers and Colours!! and I love the Heart doilie on the inside of the card!
:o).. Pssst... I just got a new Godchild today... her name is Mille... and she is adorable cute!! :o)

Grenouille Greetings said...

Gorgeous pink and puple confection! Beautiful inside and out! Hugs, Lesley

Traci S. said...

I love this card, Jacque! The colors really draw me to it. The image is adorable. I love how you added stickles to the butterfly! The flowers are just amazing, as are the beautiful little pink rhinestones...have you ever counted how many you use on one whole card!? lol I like the inside...there is plenty of room to write...and yet, it is completely decorated...beautiful, Jacque!

He IS Able,
Traci S.