Friday, November 13, 2009

An Adorable Wrapped Tilda at Friday Sketchers 78



Happy Friday, Everyone!!! I hope that each of you has had a wonderful week and are planning a very productive yet fun weekend! I have been away for several days and I am very happy to report that there has been some improvement in my Dad!! So my sincere thanks to each of you for your thoughts, best wishes, and prayers!

Today is Week 78 of Friday Sketchers and I am happy to tell you that I am hosting this week. So please come on over and join us by using my sketch and linking your card back to us with Mr Linky. I would just love to see your interpretation of the sketch!! You are welcome to turn the sketch any way you might wish and just have fun with it. Please remember to link back to Friday Sketchers in your posting in order to be eligible for the wonderful prize from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design.

For my DT sample card I used Bazzill for the base and all matting is Dark Sage Prismatics and SU Real Red. The DP is from the new Magnolia "Under The Mistletoe Collection"--Lingonberry and Green Christmas Plaid (though I call them checks...lol) These papers are available for pre-order at Magnolia-licious as the Christmas-Winter Paper Pack. All panels are machine stitched after distressing the DP with white acrylic paint...I tried all kinds of white inks and they just did not work as well as the paint. Of course, this may just be my preference. This darling little Tilda is Wrapped Tilda from the new Christmas Collection this year over at Magnolia-licious. This collection is just gorgeous so you better hop over there and see for yourself!!!

Tilda was stamped twice, colored with Copics (see below), and cut out so that I could prop her up with dimensional tape. She also has a bit of Christmas Red Stickles on the big bow. I added a wide red satin picot ribbon, then dark olive satin ribbon, and topped them with a narrow red velvet ribbon. Finally I added red poinsettias which I covered with Shimmerz and placed red rhinestone poinsettias in the centers, a velvet bow with a silver stocking charm, and red dew drops to the corners.



On the inside of the card, the panels are also machine stitched. On the first panel I added smaller poinsettias also painted with Shimmerz and Gold Stickles centers and the same ribbons as the front. On the second panel I added ribbons and for the jotting panel I used the Christmas Lingonberry stamp from the Magnolia Christmas 2008collection and a small red velvet bow.

These are the Copics used for both Tilda and the Lingonberry.

For my fellow Maggie lovers, I would like to share with you that the DT of Magnolia-licious will be having a blog hop on Monday, November 16 so I hope you can drop by and see what we have done with some of our Maggie accessory stamps. You know how much I love to see you here!!!


Thank you so much for dropping by to see what's happening in my world today!! I appreciate each of you much more than I can ever tell you. I love to read what you have to say about my projects and hope you will return often. May you all have a delightful weekend and until the next time...bunches of Maggie hugs!!!!

43 comments:

Cami said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous! Delightful! Cheerful! Wow Jacque, this is adorably beautiful! Everything about your card is breathtaking. Yes, you never cease to amaze me with your talent. I'm happy to hear your Dad is doing well and will continue to keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Cami

slinkycat said...

Brilliant sketch and I absolutely love what you have done with it. So much creativity in one card it's amazing!!! Beautiful :)

Leanne x

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiufl,delightful, gorgeous, fabulous, cheerfull and fun describe this card. Glad to see you back from England and hope you had a great time. You know, there isnt' one thing on that card that isnt' simply
wonderful a tru feasts for the eyes.

Shelly said...

Your card is gorgeous, Jacque!!! You did an awesome job on it.

I'm glad to hear that your dad is improving. I'll continue to pray for both of you.

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Jacque! Love the red velvet ribbon and those pretty poinsettias! And Tilda is absolutely beautiful! I love these new stamps! So happy your Dad is doing better! Will continue to keep him in my prayers! hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous Jacque. You always came up with those beautiful jaw dropping creations.
I am so glad to see your posts and happy to know that your dad is improving :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon said...

Welcome back, we've missed you. Hope you had a good rest. Couldn't wait to see your newest creation. Absolutely fab! Love the Tilda and the way you decorate the inside of your cards too. Pleased there's an improvement in your Dad's health. Blessings,Sharon & Kendall

Ann said...

Jacque I am so pleased to hear the good news about your Dad, please God his health continues to improve. Well another stunning card, and Tilda looks such a 'cutie'. The colouring is just stunning and beautiful details as we have now come to expect with all of your wonderful creations. Take care, Ann xxx

Moni said...

Waw again you surprised me with fab card. Love the colours and Tilda is so cute! Love the sketch, and well done! Have a fab weekend! Hugs,moni

bestevenn said...

Gordious card and beautiful colours.

Caroline said...

Totally gorgeous my xmas images are in the post - sooooooo excitied!

Nancy said...

Hi Jacque,
So very happy to hear the good news about your Dad! I pray that he continues to improve.
Jacque your card is stunningly gorgeous inside and out!!! Your details as alway are fabulous! I really love this new collection of Tildas and you have colored another one to perfection!
Hugs,
Nancy

Candy said...

Hello Dear Jacque,
I am so happy to hear your dad is improving! I know you will be feeling much better now yourself.
I have missed you - happy to hear you have had a chance to get away.
Your card is a delight to the eyes. So beautiful with all you have done to it and with it. I love the bright colours, your fabulous design and all the goodies you have added to it.
Hugs, Candy

Regina said...

Dear Jacque!!! You were so much missed here!!!! I´m very happy with your father news. I´m very sure he´ll be each dau better!!!!
I´ve no words to say how much I love your card, it´s absolutely amazing...Fabulous!!!!
Have a great week end.
Hugs
Regina

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

GORGEOUS! WOW!!! The prettiest package I have ever seen!
hugz
deb

iReneM said...

Oh, my!!!
What a stunning card, Jacque.
Your colouring is top class.
I love everything about it and the white paint distressing is very effective :-)
Love it!!!

x

Jeanette said...

Hi Sweetie, I am so happy to hear that your Dad has had some improvement in his health. You've been in my prayers.
Your card is sumptous, luxurious, and gorgeous. I love the new Magnolia paper and this gorgeous image and the level of detail in this card is (as usual) just breathtaking.
Have a good weekend and I hope you have some time to yourself.
Hugs Jeanette

Patricia Garcia said...

Beautiful card, love the ribbon and the Poinsettas, She is a Cutie! Can't wait to get her. Glad to hear your Dad is doing better!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Barb Hardeman said...

Such a beautiful card, Jacque! Amazing attention to the details, and I love that image. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. You've tied the theme of ribbon together on the card so beautifully and the pointsettias are gorgeous. Even the inside is gorgeous.

So glad to hear that your dad is doing some better. I hope he will continue to get stronger and that his memory will also improve. ...hugs...Barb

Myrna said...

Bright and festive card to get us in the mood for the holidays. Love your Tilda I can't wait to order the new stamps love them all. Beautiful!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. what a lovely card hunny.
that tilda is adorable!!!! lucky you you have your DT package already!
i hope we can order soon this image in sweden
luv
claudia

Karen Arthur said...

WOW!!! What an absolutely gorgeous card. I love Tilda and the colors you used. Your coloring and embellishments are the best. Just beautiful.
Hugs, Karen A

Danielle said...

LOVE your card Jacque and you've done an awesome sketch to play with today! Your colouring of Tilda is gorgeous and those flowers are just yummy-licious!!
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh....what a GORGEOUS card and Tilda is the cutest Christmas package I have seen!!!
The papers and ribbons are simply divine. Who wouldn't love to receive that for Christmas.
So glad your Dad is improving. Love, Christina

Deb (dcorder) said...

Jacque! She's beautiful (and hopefully on her way to my house soon! I ordered her a while back). I love the sketch!


Check my blog today - I gave you an "award". :D

Chrissie said...

What a gorgeous card Maggie, and I love your sketch, I may just have to try to make time to pop over and join in with this one!
The inside of your card is just as amazing as the outside.
Glad to hear your Dad is improving, love and hugs to you both.

Kelly Schelske said...

This is adorable Jacque! Gosh the inside is so beautiful as well!!

Suzan L said...

Jacque, Your card is so adorable!!...All wrapped up like a gorgeous Christmas present!!
I love the new Tilda that you used and she is colored in so beautifully!! And, the inside is just wonderful also!! I can't wait to try to make a card with your wonderful sketch!!
I'm so glad to hear that your Dad is doing better!!
Hugs, Suzan

HazelQ said...

All I can say is gorgeous card!!! I love how the red ribbon makes Tilda stand out, she looks soo beautiful in green :)
Hugs
Hazel

Tracey said...

So glad your Dad is doing better darlin!! I have been a little out of the loop this week. I have been having a tough one and haven't much chance to check in with blogs. Love your card. It's gorgeous!! xx

Lauren said...

Another gorgeous card! I love this Tilda - she is so cute with her sparkles! Love the poinsettias too! Great job!

Lauren

Jackie said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! That could BE the gift!

Vivi Casale said...

Gorgeous card Jacque, outside and inside of it!
and this is a great sketch! Of course I`ll join friday sketchers as you are this week`s host.. I can`t miss that!!
Hugs
Vivi

Sheila said...

What a beautiful card inside and out! I love the papers, ribbons, flowers, and of course who wouldn't love the Tilda. :) A great layout, too.
So glad to hear your Dad is doing better - I'll continue to pray!
God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Printable Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 13 Nov [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 14 Nov [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Jacque,I love the papers and the image.

Have a nice weekend.

Hugs Jannie

Jessica G. said...

This Tilda card would definitely be a gift in itself, Jacque and she's already wrapped and ready to go! Beautiful coloring, awesome combination of DPs (love that white paint distressing!), and I see your trademark charm -- too cute that you found stockings!

So glad to hear your dad is doing a bit better, too!!

Kerry D-C said...

super sweet card, Jacque!! Love the poinsettias!

Nicky said...

brilliant card - amazing details inside and out I love it

thread-bare said...

OMG this card is just amazing. Love the flowers you have created xx Clare x

Jodie from Oz said...

Wow, stunning card, Jacque. My favourite colour & just love this beautiful velvet ribbon and those gorgeous poinsettias. And Tilda is absolutely amazing. I can't wait for my new Christmas stamps to arrive. Prayers for your Dad. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Anonymous said...

Love your cards very inspiring :0)

Shazza said...

Glad to hear your dad is improving.
This is yet another stunner of a card
x