Friday, September 11, 2009

Tilda Decorates for Christmas at Friday Sketchers 69





MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Oops....I mean Happy Friday!! I hope you have had a delightful week and are looking foward to a fun and enjoyable weekend!!

This week at Friday Sketchers 69 we are being hosted by the marvelously talented Jacqueline of The Netherlands who has given us a very interesting sketch for the week.. We hope that you will drop over and check out the DT sample cards which were made using Jacqueline's sketch, and will join with us in creating your own card this week with this same sketch!! Please remember to link your posting in a comment and then link Friday Sketchers in your posting. We want each of you to be eligible for this week's splendid prize from Scrapbook News and Review!! So come on over and play with us!!!!


I don't know where my brain was when I got in mind the card for this week...Christmas is the least thing on my mind these days!! lol...but anyway, admittedly, this sketch was a difficult one for me for sure.. The base of my card is Bazzill, the matting is PTI Pure Poppy CS and SU Glorious Green CS, and the DP is bits of old wrapping paper and digital. I used Tilda With Glitter, Tilda Decorating Christmas Tree, and Christmas Tree which are all from Magnolia-licious, the bestest place in the world to buy Maggies!!!! It looks as though every one of these stamps is now available too!! And it is NOT too soon to be thinking about those holiday cards and rounding up those cute munchkins you intend to use on them!!

I first stamped the two little Tildas, colored them with Copics, and cut them out...then I bit the bullet and started cutting holes in all of the papers for the front of the card using Nesties. After matching up all of the openings I used a larger Nestie and a smaller one to make the green wreath forms...one for inside and one for outside. I placed a square of acetate between all the layers to make the window--sorry about the reflection in the picture!! I then put heavy FlowerSoft on each of the wreath forms and wrapped them with tiny red silk ribbon. for the front wreath I left a tail of ribbon so that little Tilda could be holding the end rather than the glitter. Notice that I cut a little half moon on Tilda's hand so the ribbon could go through it...I probably should have done the same on her other hand, but her thumb is too tiny for me to see...lolol. After putting all the layers together for the front, I added red rhinestones to the wreath for some sparkle, two red organza bows with wreath charm dangles and finally added red pearls to soften the corners. Tilda was propped up on dimensional tape and the ribbon run through her hands.

For the inside, I added the other wreath and decorated it with tiny red pom poms, added another red organza bow and an old time Santa charm. I then stamped the Christmas tree on Cryogen white and colored with Copics...I decorated the tree with shaped rhinestones, added Tilda on dimensional tape and these little girlies are READY for the holidays!!!! I did add some Glossy Accents to the ornaments and Diamond Stickles to Tilda's wings. AND I did color her hairbow red AFTER I took this picture...lol

Thank you so very much for dropping by to check on us!!! I just love to hear what you think of my latest play things!!! I hope you will all have a magnificent weekend--safe and fun!!! And hope you will come back and see me again real soon...Maggie hugs for everyone!!!

42 comments:

Suzan L said...

Merry Christmas Jacque!!
Your card is soooo wonderful!! I love the window that you created with the wreath around it on the inside and outside of your card. The Flowersoft looks like holly close up. I also love both the Tildas that you used...they are perfect especially the one on the front. I love how she is still decorating the wreath. The Christmas charms are a nice addition!!
Hugs, Suzan

Moni said...

Waw so fab design and love the Christmas scene, you did fab job! So cute images and so gorgeous colours! Great take on the sketch! Have a fab weekend! Hugs,moni

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Jacque! WHat a lovely holiday scene! Gorgeous!! Happy Friday to you!! xx

cabio's craft corner said...

Neat to see the inside to Tilda is decorating her tree. My gosh! How long does this take you? It looks like a time consuming card, but so stinningly done!
Hugs,
Cabio

Unknown said...

This is adorable .... makes me want to buy those stamps, you are a great salesperson - lol! I love everything about it. hugs, Stephanie

Jodie from Oz said...

Jacque, adorable card. Wow, I would have stumbled with this shaped challenge, but not you, you & your card are amazing. Love your flower soft wreath & ribbon & gems. Sweet dp & colouring. I adore the inside of your card, you put some much work into this beautiful card. Both of these cute Christmas Tilda's are on my wish list and hope to start my Christmas cards soon. Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Hugs Oz_Jodie

Nancy said...

Oh Jacque this is just the BEST Christmas card! Your imagination is awesome! Love the wreath and the window showing Tilda inside decorating the tree! I love everything about this card truely amazing!
Hugs,
Nancy

Angelwood said...

Jacque, this is just gorgeous. I love being able to see Tildarina inside the card through the wreath window. Genius! hugz, Angela

Dawn B. said...

Jacque this is adorable. You put so much time into each creation. What an awesome way to use this sketch. Great job..Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking, Jacque! You can put ME on your Christmas card list for sure. So adorable -- I can tell you spent oodles of time and love on this scene. As always, you spend so much time to details - which turn out Perfect. Kudos for you, Jacque!
Hugs, Lillian

Anonymous said...

GASP!!!!!. . . . . . FAINTing. . . what a magnificent creation from an artist extraordinaire!!!! Your card is spectacular, Jacque. Love every detail on this card. Hugs, Christina C.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! This is a beautiful card. You have done a great job.
Jackie Norris

Jeanette said...

Oh Sweetie! Gosh, all of your creations are little masterpieces. The level of detail is incredible. I just love everything that you do!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Jeanette

Anonymous said...

omg!!!!That is so cool!!!! one day i will dedicate a whole month to do one of those lol!!! wow!!!! tfs!RubyM

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Wow Jacque! What a beautiful card & an interesting sketch. Love your take on it! And Merry Christmas to you & yours.....LOL.
I love the window peeking in at Tilda decorating that cute tree. Just darling! Love the Flower Soft on the wreath too (I've just "got" to get some of that! LOL).
Huggies ~
Sharron

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow, Jacque, you have created yet another masterpiece! This is such a cute scene! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how trailed the ribbon through Tilda's hand to make it look like she just paused her work long enough for you to snap a pic of her. Fantastic card my friend!!! hugs!

Sheri said...

Where do I begin? Everything you ever do is just so AMAZING! All the incredible attention to detail....and all the effort you go to...breathtaking...is all I can say!

Ann said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous,gorgeous. As creative as ever and a joy to view, lots of amazing detail - I just love it. Ann xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautifully done, inside and out! Kudos!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous job Jacque!!

LINDA W. said...

Hi,Your cards are always so very cute
Linda W.

Anonymous said...

Wow Jacque, what a STUNNING card! Love the wonderful Christmas scene.
Beautiful details and colouring.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Jodi said...

I just LOVE your take on the sketch!! This is just adorable! Too cute!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Cami said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Jacque. Every card or project you make is done to perfection and your ideas are amazing. You never cease to amaze me with your talent. Cami

Norma said...

Jacques, fantastic card. Very inspirational. Now everybody is going to say I've got to do something like this. Love all those embelishments--those wreath charms are to die for.
Love the card.

Hugs.
Norma

Donna said...

Oh my goodness Jacques your card is absolutely amazing! - you are so talented, I wish I had half your talent.
I really must go and dust off my flowersoft now and finally use it.

Crafty hugs Donna xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love your idea with the window :)

Have a lovely weekend, Hugs Tanja

charlene said...

Jacque once again your card is just to creative for words....awesome job and the coloring is so pretty!

Aud said...

WOW! What a fabulous card! Love how you did the double image with one on the inside showing through the window! WOW!

Have a nice weekend!

Hugs,
Aud

Lauretta See said...

OMG this so clever and amazing :) beautiful job and card!! wow

Jessica G. said...

A card and gift all in one, Jacque! Amazing card and the window effect adds a whole new level to its attraction!!

Rosette said...

Oh my!!! This is LOVELY Jacque!!! You're amazing girl, you inspire us everytime!! Infallible! :)

Annette said...

What a beautiful card. Anyone would love to receive a card like that! You rock!

Vivi Casale said...

Sweetie, this card is GORGEOUS! I love what you did with it! at first I thought there was 2 Tilda`s image ouside of the card but then when I saw inside of it I could realize what you did!
This is great idea!! AWESOME!!!
IT LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
Hugs
Vivi

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Absolutely, positively outstanding!!! Love everything about it!!

~Terry

Anonymous said...

OMG!! This card is absolutly gorgeous!!!!!

Kerry D-C said...

Another BEAUTIFUL card, Jacque!!

Eulanda said...

Whenever I see your creations I start to giggle because I am so shocked at how much detail you put into them. It's a shocked and amazed giggle. Awe giggle - ya. LOL! Your imagination is so wonderful and I like seeing how you can top your last one. You do it every time. Thanks for the eye candy!

Anonymous said...

Another beauty Jacque! You never seize to amaze me...Abby:)

Karen said...

OH WOW, that card is sooooooooo yummy!!!!

Lauren said...

WOW - this card gets me in the mood to make xmas cards! I just love it!

Lauren

Candy said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Jacque! :o)
I don't believe you have ever been troubled by a sketch at all! Look what you have come up with this time!!!!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!!
I adore it.....
Love Candy