Monday, June 17, 2013

Wee Ruby at Wild Orchid Challenge!

 
A very happy Monday to everyone! I trust that you all had a fabulous weekend and are ready for a splendid week. Our weather has been quite warm and humid with thunderstorms almost every evening and night...but that is so much better for me than SNOW!!!!
 
For this fortnight at the Wild Orchid Challenge our challenge is to use PINS and/or BRADS!!! We would love for you to come over and join in with us where there is always a wonderful prize from the Wild Orchid Crafts shop for some lucky participant!!!
 
For my card I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting and the DP is from the MME Memorable paper pad. The absolutely darling image I have used is sweet Ruby designed by the very talented Sylvia Zet of Wee Stamps for Whimsy Stamps. It looks as though she is sold out for the moment at Whimsy but she is certainly available as a digi from Sylvia right HERE. She was colored with Copics and Promarkers, adding a wee touch of Stardust Stickles to the lace on her blouse. For the left vertical I used a satin ribbon topped with a lovely Net Lace from WOC along with a Large Pearl Brad for the center of the double bow. All of the flowers, pearls, and pins are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I have used Small Gardenias, Cosmos Daisies, Chrysanthemum, and Sweetheart Blossoms. You can see that I also used some Heart Pins and some Decorative Crown Pins, finishing the front of the card with Self-Adhesive Pearls.
 
 
For the inside of the card I merely used the same DP from the front adding a couple of satin bows and a Heart Charm.
 
And for the back of the card, I used just some leftover snippets of DP with my personalized stamp.
 
I hope you like my little creation and will decide to come on over to Wild Orchid Challenge and show us how you use PINS and/or BRADS!
 
SWEET STUFF!!!!
 
Oh my goodness...I was just looking through my STUFF and found an extra little Ruby who is desperately searching for a new home!!!! If you would like to adopt her (she will be travelling with some other goodies to her new home), please just leave a comment on this posting and I will announce on Wednesday who the winner is...
 
Thank you so much for dropping by today and I would love to know what you think of my little Ruby. Have a wonderful week and I hope to see you back real soon! Tomorrow is the Peek Day for the new Whimsy Collection so you know there will be a touch of SWEET STUFF for someone!! Until the next time, I send BIG HUGS!!

 
 

45 comments:

Linda said...

What a sweet card, it's very lovely and de designpaper is very beautiful
hugs Linda

Ankie vd Polder said...

This is so nice. Great job and lovely colours. Hugs, Ankie

Jessika Lilian said...

Beautiful and lovely, I love to see your job! Hugs. Jessika.

Marie-Anne said...

Ohw, I love this card!

Marie-Anne

Sue - bearhouse said...

Such a beautiful card. Wee Ruby is so pretty and I love the papers and gorgeous flowers. The inside is decorated so nicely too.
Thank you for the chance to win her.
I hope you have a good week
hugs Sue xx

theCook said...

Nice card love all those flowers! She is so cute!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Hello Jacque,
Your little Wee Ruby is gorgeous, love the pretty colours you have used to colour her, I would love to win her. Thank you for the chance.
I love how you have done the back of your card too. The perfect finishing touch.
Have a good week
Hugs Kelly

sue w. said...

Hi Jacque, this is gorgeous, I love the papers and Ruby is a real cutie. Thanks for the chance to win her.
Hugs Sue W.

Maryann Laursen said...

Oh Jacque, your card here is just as alaways so gorgeous and so cute. I love your soft coloring and all the beautiful flowers here are so gorgeous. It all fits sooo perfectly and looks wonderful every time.
You are soooo talented and thanks sooo much for your generousity as well always.

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card. Nice colours and nice details.

Hugs, Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/

Pollard Carole said...

Hi Jacque another fab card just love the colours ,flower arrangement, and of course Ruby she is delightful. I love how you have done the inside it really shows the papers well . I also like the charm and your personal stamp. Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

Ella's Design said...

Your card is just beautiful, Jacque! I love your double matting and choice of bright sunny papers. Your colouring of that sweet Ruby is just wonderful and stunning flower embellishments too! A really lovely card, finished beautifully!
I would love to rehome Ruby here in Wales! Thanks for sharing and your continued generosity! Hugs, Lisa x

April said...

Love this card! So pretty! love the little design on the back too! Would love to win Ruby! Thanks for the chance x

Adriana said...

Beautiful card with the lovely Ruby!!!

Hulda M said...

Beautiful card as always!!! :)

Tine said...

She is a gorgeous image (love her little face!) and she makes a beautiful card. Such lovely colours too. Love it.
Tine :)

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Jacque! I love the colors and papers and flowers! The stamp is so cute and you've colored her wonderfully! Thanks for the chance to win her!

Craftdee said...

This is gorgeous, Jacque, the papers and embellies are perfect with the image - which is soooo sweet. Thanks for the chance to win her - I'm sure Ruby would love to come and live in Australia with me ;-) Donna x

Betsy said...

What a sweet card! Made me smile when I opened your blog. Love the soft colors!

Daisychain said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the combination of colours. Thanks for the chance to give the adorable a new home. Hugs Christine x

rachel said...

absolutely gorgeous card Jacque - love the image and papers and the lovelt pastel colours - stunning xx

Linda . J said...

Love your card Jacque, all the details are so fabulous, so beautifully coloured.
Hugs Linda

Donna Jean Eno said...

I love this card Jacque. The colors are so bright and cheerful. You always do such an awesome job making cards.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Your card is so beautiful, what gorgeous colours and flowers. Thanks for the chance to win her, you are so generous x

mags said...

A gorgeous card Jacque. Such a sweet image and love the colours and design.
mags
x

Lenoria said...

This is such a sweet card! I love the colors and the design paper, I just wish I had the imagination to come up with cards like this!!

Annelies said...

Gorgeous card Jacque! Love this sweet image and lovely colours! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

Aartje said...

It is beautyful. i love your Ruby with all her gorgeous flowers.
Hugs Aartje

Rebecca Johnson said...

I love this angelic image. Always check out how and where you place the pins in the flowers. Thanks for the inspiration.
Becky Johnson
princes729@aol.com

Kim. said...

Aw Jacque this is fabulous, lovely image and the bright colours are perfect for it.
Kim xXx

Molecraft said...

A beautiful card, so, so pretty!
Helen x

fusiafscrapping said...

Ruby is sucgh a sweet girl.
Your card is so beautiful.

Rene Stansell said...

Ruby is so sweet, lovely card Jacque.
Rene from OZ xo

UTs Hobby Time said...

Yet another fabulous card from you. Love everything about it.

UT.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous card.

Sue D said...

Lovely coloring and embellishments on your card. Ruby is adorable.

Simone said...

Wow thats super cute! I love the colors you chose & the Sylvia Zet image is so cute. And don't flowers just make a card?! Beautiful!

carla said...

What a very nice card!
love the details en the collours are a tru match!
I hope I said it right in English...
Carla x

Karen Petitt said...

Really beautiful card Jacque. You've coloured her beautifully, the papers and the layout are fab and I love the embellishments too Karen x

Ea Christiansen said...

What a gorgeous card - love all the bright colors and your use of pearl pins.
Hugz
Ea

Snoopy said...

Oh, no! We can't have poor little Ruby be homeless ...lol. I have a lovely room she could stay in and since I visit your blog every day she will never feel lonely for you. :D

I wish I could make cards this stunning! You never cease to amaze me with your work. It's such a treat to visit and see what you've come up with. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Sol said...

Beautiful color combination. Love the Flowers and Cute girly stamp.. The DP looks Great together and are in Perfect harmony with the coloring and ribbon! :o)

Auntie Em said...

Jacque, your card is so sweet! Nobody else arranges the little silk flowers as perfectly and beautifully as you do. I love the way you curved them around the corners on this.
Lovely colouring and the little arrangement of the pretty papers on the back is a great touch!
Thanks for sharing! :)

loulou said...

Beautiful card. Your colouring and flower and embellishment clusters are always gorgeous.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh yes please, I'd love to give your Ruby a new home (I already have a 'Ruby' but she's of the 4-legged-wet-nosed variety LOL!)