Monday, April 22, 2013

Wild Orchid Challenge with a Tilda Cutie!!!

 
 
A very happy Monday to everyone!! I hope you all had a marvelous weekend and are looking forward to a very exciting and fun week!! It looks like a sunny week here and I can't wait to see more signs of SPRINGTIME!! Several of you have asked so YES, I am using the beginning of spring as a kick-off point for a new ME!!! I am participating in a body improvement challenge at my gym and I intend to win!!! I am ZUMBA-ing every chance I get (last week I managed to get in 10 hours of Zumba--not bad for an OLD woman, huh?)....not eating sugar...and participating in weight training. I may not live to tell about it....hahahha...but I am giving it my ALL!!!
 
Today is the new opportunity over at the Wild Orchid Challenge where we are asking that you use TWINE on your card or project in order to participate for this fortnight. Some lucky participant will receive a wonderful prize from the Wild Orchid Crafts shop so come on over and join in with us this time!!! We would love to see your TWINE-y creations!!!!
 
 
I made an easel card using Bazzill for the base and the double matting, and the DP is from the Authentique Seasons: Spring paper pad. The darling image is a Special Magnolia stamp, Drip Drop Tilda from Crea Duymelot, a wonderful shop in the Netherlands owned by my special friends, Kees and Astrid. Although I have had this cutie for awhile, I had to find just the right DP for her....how did I do?? The image was colored with Copics and Promarkers, adding a bit of Glossy Accents for the rain and boots and a touch of Stardust Stickles for the lace on her dress before cutting her out with SB Petite Ovals. The Banner Pennant Die Set by Whimsy Stamps was used for the banner which was put together with Divine Twine, adding tiny bows made with a fork the same way I use a Bow Easy. To set off the panel behind Tilda, I used a wonderful Flat Back White Pearl String from the Wedding Section at WOC. The floral treatment is made with a 1 1/4" Cottage Rose, Carnations, and Hip Rosebuds, adding Bow Easy bows also made with the Divine Twine and some Decorative Pins. The front was finished with Self Adhesive 5mm Pearls and a touch of Prisma Glitter on the umbrella in the upper corner.
 
For the base panel of the card I used the Whimsy Stamps Umbrella Die with a sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps Singing In The Rain set. To finish the panel I added more 5mm Self Adhesive Pearls to the corners, 3mm Self Adhesive Pearls to the ends of the umbrella ribs, and of course another tiny Divine Twine bow.
 
I hope you will let me know what you think of my little creation and will decide to join in with us at the Wild Orchid Challenge this time! Tomorrow is the beginning of the NEW Release at Whimsy Stamps and I will be back tomorrow with a peek for you AND with a bit of SWEET STUFF....so be sure to drop back by tomorrow!!!! Until the next time, I send BIG HUGS to each of you!!!!
 


39 comments:

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, your card is so gorgeous! I just love it!! The DP's are perfect for the cute Tilda. What a creative way to you use the twine. It looks wonderful with the flowers. What a great idea! And, the banner looks great too with the twine bows!! Have a wonderful day!
Big Hugs,
Suzan

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe this is Gorgeous!!! Love your creations!!! Perfect use of the twine on your creation!!! hugs,Heidi

Vick said...

WOW Jacque,

What a stunning card sweetie, I love it, hugs, Vick xxx
the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
My YTChannels vixcrafts & saturatedcanary

Tina said...

All I can say is WOW!!! A stunning card suberbly coloured and the DP paper is perfect. I love all the attention to detail you have put into this card.

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous as alawys Jacqui. Love the brolly!!!
Anne x

kbrandy4 said...

Hi Jacque, you have done a beautiful job with your card, love the papers and dies you have used to make a gorgeous creation!!
Hugs, Hazel xx

Sol said...

OMG.. I Loooove the Flower Creation.. Beautiful.. Love all the different flowers.. Beautiful Stamp.. and the umbrella inside the card.. So Cute.. And Perfect for the card! :o)

rachel said...

beautiful card Jacque and wow - all that zumba! Fabulous - enjoy - and don't forget to feel the music!!! Hugs xx

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous card Jacque. Wow, 10 hours of Zumba!! I love it but I couldn't manage that much. Although I do cycle approx 25 miles a couple of times a week. Keep up the good work! Christine x

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Jacque! I love those papers and your Tilda is adorable! Lovely details and design! Congrats to you on your fitness regimen! That's really awesome!

Wendy L said...

So very pretty. xxxx

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!!! Such a gorgeous card Jacque. I love the sweet image, pretty colours and all the detailing is so beautiful. I really love the verse on the umbrella inside the card too.
I hope you have a good week
hugs Sue xx

Jane said...

What a lovely easel card, great colours and a super umbrella sentiment. Good luck with your fitness...you will feel the benefits of all that exercise ;0) x

Fabiana Strehlow said...

Que lindo, Jacque!
Tudo o que você faz é um encanto!!

Auntie Em said...

Adorable card! I love the little twine tied banner and the sweet little lady with her dripping brelly! :)

Brigitte said...

This is so wonderful!!!! I love how the inside reproduces the top! Your banners and flowers are beautiful!!! I love it all! Hugs, Brigitte

Christina C. said...

This is so extraordinarily stunning, Jacque...love the colors and all the wonderful details! Tilda, of course, is colored to perfection and the banners and umbrellas are so beautiful. This little Tilda is surrounded by so many luscious embellishments....totally enchanting!

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Jacque, gorgeous flowers and Tilda is just lovely.
Fabulous easel card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda said...

What a beautiful card, I love it
hugs Linda

KathR said...

Awe Jacque, she is so cute, loving the colours, and just love the little banners...
Hugz Kath...xx...

Anne Christensen said...

I love it... good matching colors.
Hugs from Denmark

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful sweet card.
luv
Debby

Nancy said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing!

mags said...

This is gorgeous Jacque. Just love the layout and especially love the way you have done the bunting.
mags
x

sakehanska said...

love this card. marta

Teresa said...

Love this card Jacque, just popped over from Facebook, turns out I am already a follower :o)
Have a great day, big hugs Teresa xx

Edilza Teixeira said...

Oi Jacque!!!

Belíssimo cartão!!! Esta com uma harmonia perfeita!!! Parabéns!!!

Beijos e tenha idas abençoados e iluminados

Maryann said...

Oh Jacque, this is so gorgeous, and I just love it. What a great way to use the twine here, it looks so awesome. I never thought of doing it this way, so thanks a lot for a really cool idea today, that I´m definitely saving for later use, that´s for sure.

morkaren said...

Kært lillepige kort. knus morkaren.

Astrid said...

Sooo lovely Jacque your creation, lovely colours and a beautiful Tilda.
Hugs Astrid

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet card. I love the umbrella sentiment. TFS.

Nury Yasmín Rojas Martínez said...

Dear Jacque,
beautiful card... very sweet... i love it´s...
hugs from Colombia ;-)

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful card Jacque, love the flowers and other details. I must 'borrow' the way you add your flowers - yours always look so pretty! hugs Karen

Becky said...

This is beautiful Jacque, and I just love the inside too.

Louise said...

Oh how gorgeous is this cutie Jacqui ! Loving everything about this card. x

Scrapsak said...

Wow its so sweet - i like the way you have use the Divine Twine.
Hugs from Denmark

Brenda Lee said...

My, oh, my!! Adorable card!

lora said...

This is so lovely card! Fabulous colors and great layout!

Pollard Carole said...

An absolutely stunning card just love that Whimsy umbrella love Carole x