Monday, September 3, 2012

An Apple a Day at Wild Orchid Challenge...WINNER...SWEET STUFF!!!



Happy Monday everyone!!! I hope you have all had a magnificent weekend and are ready for a splendid week!!! I am seeing progress in my renovation of the bathroom so I am happy...but tomorrow is our Labor Day holiday so I won't see more progress until Tuesday...sigh.... I have the new potty as a fixture in my living room...eeeeeekkkkk!!! I would have given you a picture, but it makes me close my eyes every time I walk through the living room...hahhahaha...it certainly gives new meaning to a throne in the living room!!!!! LOL

For this fortnight at Wild Orchid Challenge we have been given the idea of LAYER IT UP with at least 3 layers....of course I don't know what constitutes a layer soooooo...when I look at my card I see a base, 3 layers of DP with double matting, 2 layers of lace, and an image...and when I count all layers I get 15 layers...so hopefully I qualify!!!! You know that there is always a wonderful surprise from WOC for some lucky participant so I know you will want to come on over and join in with us this time!!!!

For my card I used the darling Elisabeth Bell image for Whimsy Stamps APPLE BLOSSOM which was stamped on X-Press It and colored with Copics and Flexmarkers, adding a touch of Prisma Glitter to her skirt and butterfly and Glossy Accents to the apples. The base of the card is Bazzill, the double matting is PTI, and the DP is from the Creamotion Paperblock Victorian Romance "Mixed/Blues", which are my very favorites of all time!!! For each vertical I added a touch of LACE TRIMMING. I also added some Decorative Metal Corners to the image panel, a Red Organza Ribbon double bow to the top to dangle an apple charm from Silver Cord. The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts: WILD ROSES, SWEETHEART BLOSSOMS, and ROSE LEAVES as well as couple of PEARL HEART PINS




I also made a couple of muslin gift bags which were provided by State Line Bag Company and were so much fun to decorate to match the card. I have to tell you that fabric does NOT photograph like paper so these look a bit fuzzy...BUT I can assure you that in real life, they are just as clear as the paper...sorry!!! But they are kinda cute!!!!



I just added some matching gingham ribbon and some heart buttons tied with DIVINE TWINE and some repetitive WOC flowers.


WINNER of Wee Love You Bunches SWEET STUFF:



Thank you all so very much for all of the sweet and kind comments about this cute little Whimsy stamp...and I wish I could send her out to each of you BUT we have to let Mr Random.org make the decision...and...

the WINNER is......

132. angelique

Congratulations, Angelique!! Please leave a comment on this posting so that others will know that you have claimed your prize and send me an email before Wednesday, September 5 at 8 AM EST so that your prize can be on its way right away!!! Hugs!!



NEW SWEET STUFF with Christmas in mind;



Gosh there is Christmas everywhere....are we trying to get ahead of the game??????? But I have some Christmas sentiments that you may want to add to your collection...This SWEET STUFF actually has 39 stamps in it!!!! If my FOLLOWERS are interested in the SWEET STUFF, all they have to do is leave their information with the little Blue Froggy before Tuesday, September 4, at midnight EST in order to be eligible...If you don't have a blog, just skip over the URL info and leave your info...Good Luck everyone!!!!

Thank you so very much for your visit today and I hope to see you again very soon! Until the next time, I send big hugs to each of you!!!!





49 comments:

hellerlittle said...

OMG...I´m first -- think this is no good place for random *lol
but I´ve to be in the draw, My time is x-mas and making stamped cards for it.
Dear Hun a fast end for your renovation of the bathroom
hugs hellerlittle

JennyH said...

A great giveaway, thank you for the chance to win : )

Sol said...

I guess you qualify.. !!! 15 layers should cover it I guess ! :o).. Beautiful coloring of this sweet girl.. And The Apple Charm is Adorable.. the Corner Embellishment is Beautiful too!.. And how you manage to get it to look so Beautiful on fabric too.. I don´t understand.. :o) Fab Work.. ! :o) Joining in on your candy! And hope to win! :o)

Maryann said...

Again you´ve made a stunning project here and not just the card, but these small bags are just too cute, I think. They´re so gorgeous Jacque and I´ve no doubt, they looks amazing in real life, but they also do look great on these pics thoug, so no need to worry.
Thanks so much forr the chance to win some awesome candy here, who wouldn´t love that? LOL
Have a wonderful day and lots of great fun too, I hope.

Christine Harrop said...

What a fabulous combo you have made here Jaque. Those little bags are so cute, and the card is just gorgeous. The colours really make you take notice. The red really makes it all pop. Great. Christine x

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
i'm claiming my sweet stuff, whooooooooooo hooooooo, i can't believe i've won this super cutie
thank you so much sweetie, i'll send a email right away hunni
your card is absolutly perfect, love the detail of the apple
good luck to all for the next sweet stuff
hugs angelique

Suzi said...

Gorgeous card Jacque and even more gorgeous tote bags. Love your layering and that adorable sweet image. Good luck with the renovation and happy labour day weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

iReneM said...

Beautiful! Loadsa lovely layers and gorgeous trimmings too :)
x

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! Such a beautiful image and you have coloured her so beautifully, I love all the pretty detailing you have added. The bags you have made are so gorgeous too.

Thank you for another chance to win, you are so generous.

Sue

A Casa di Ale said...

MOLTO BELLA LA TUA CARD, BEL TIMBRO.
GRAZIE DELLA POSSIBILITA' DI VINCERE DEI FANTASTICI TIMBRI SEI SEMPRE MOLTO GENEROSA

CIAO DA ALE

Kelly Lloyd said...

She is adorable... Love the colours you have used. Pretty papers and cute little charm..

Great giveaway too. thanks for the chance of winning it..

Hugs Kelly

Anne said...

Wonderful card and gift bags! Love the colors and the apple charm is adorable. :)

Hugs, Anne.

kanda said...

This card is fabulous and those bags are a great idea. Thanks for the chance to win this super candy xx

Donalda said...

Hello dear !!! I finally made it online to visit !! This card is just gorgeous dear and so love the colors you used. And those bags are just breath taking hon. Gorgeous !!!!!!! Sending hugs your way dear

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wowee Jacque!!!! This card and little gift bags to match are simply adorable. Your creativity is always amazing. So sorry I don't stop by as much as I'd like to... Definitely something I need to do more of. I miss all of your gorgeous inspiration.
Big Hugs,
Lynda

Vick said...

Hello Babe, how are you sweetie, did you get my reply to your email last week it was so lovely to hear from you Jacque, oh and these bags you've made, i adore them, i need to do some too, stunning i truly love them.....a loo in the living room now that's a bit strange i bet hahahaha, oh dear!!! bet you cant wait till its all finished, here's to a greta bathroom real quick!!! hugs honey, sending my love and big ole crafty hug xxxx

Vick said...

*great* lol xx

Tanya said...

This card and those bags are sooo sweet Jacque! I love the red and blue, so pretty together :) That apple charm is just gorgeous too!

Thanks for the chance to win :)

Tags xx

cebelica said...

There sure are quite some layers on your card, it's beautiful! :) And those bags are amazing. I love, love, love them! Hugs! xx

Gvendalen said...

So lovely card! Fab coloring! And little gift bags are very beautiful! Gorjeous job! Thanks for the chance to win this great candy. hugs, Helena

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

wonderful card Jacque!!!
thanks for the chance...I really need those stamps hehehe!!!

kisses
Rosana

Suzan L said...

Hi Sweetie, your card and matching gift bags are so gorgeous! I love all the layers that you have added to the card and the cute apple charm! And, the image that you used is so darn sweet and colored so beautifully! I love how you added the heart buttons and gingham ribbon to the gift bags with the sweet little flowers! I think I may have to make some of these bags! :-)
Big Hugs,
Suzan

Leslie Turner said...

Your projects are beautiful, Jacqui! You always put so much TLC into your work. Thanks so much for another chance to win some candy! Yum Yum!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

sakehanska said...

thank you for this chance. bye. marta

Vivi Casale said...

this is so pretty!! LOVE the gift bags...
xx

Sonia said...

What a wonderful joyful card Jacque:)
I like so much the image and little apple charm:)
Thanks a lot for another chance to win fab prizes:)
Big hug,
SOnia

Sherry said...

Your card and bags are stunning!! Luv your work. Thanks so much for the giveaway.

Hugs

mags said...

A beautiful card. The image is lovely and such beautiful papers and details. Love the little apple charm. Thanks for the chance to win some sweet stuff.
Mags
x

Márcia Kamano said...

Oh que lindo cartão! E os sacos de presentes perfeitamente combinando, maravilhosos!

Obrigada pela oportunidade!
Abraços do Brasil

Sarah said...

Such a gorgeous set Jacque, those little bags are adorable. Love all the layers and colours on your card. Thank you so much for the chance to win your candy xxx

Ardilla said...

What a lovely project!
The bags are as cute is the card!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is Gorgeous!!!! You are sooo very talented!!! Have an Awesome week!!! Hugs!!!

pst said...

Love the bags, what a splendid idea to make matching bags with the card, love it.

Riet said...

So wonderful,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Irene said...

Gorgeous card and those bags are amazing.....15 layers should do the trick for sure Jacque!!
Thanks for the X-mas candy, I have already started making them so there will be a little less stress from November on!

xx Irene

Christina C. said...

My dear friend, you have such a knack for putting a card together....sheer perfection!!!!! Love the darling image and all the elements that do so much to enhance this lovely girl. Just so gorgeous!!! Also love the cute bags to carry on the theme....you are so creative!

Fabiana Strehlow said...

Olá, Jacque!
Seu cartão ficou lindo, muito lindo!
Amei este tom de azul!
Muito obrigada por mais estes doces.

Abraços,
Fabiana Strehlow

Auntie Em said...

Your cards are always so layered and beautiful! I love the pretty colours and the sweet little apple picker you chose for it. The apple charm looks like it might be hanging down from a branch, just waiting to be picked!
Good luck with your 'throne room'! We are doing renovations and I am dreading the switchover day... nearest gas station is over a mile away! :D

nannapat said...

I love your card Jacque. The colouring is perfect & I think the 15 layers look great!! Thank you for the chance to win some delicious candy. Pat x

slbela59 said...

Your card is so beautiful! thanks for sharing and for the chance to win some candy!

Crie Artezzanato said...

Hi..

Lovely card!

Thanks for the chance.

Val Rodrigues
www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

Hugs...

Dicas da Reny said...

Oi..

Que legal esse candy. Obrigada pela oportunidade.

Amei o seu cartão.

Reny Gomes
dicasdareny@yahoo.com.br

Dicas da Reny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Bom dia.

Obrigada pelo presente.

Valdo Cota

Debbie said...

Stunning card and gift bags.Love all the embellishments too.Cutie stamp too.Thank you for the chance to win sweetie - so kind.Take care.Hugs Debbie x

Babette said...

Beautiful card, really love it.
hugs,
Babette

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Jacque,
This is such a cheerful card and I love the matching fabric bags, what a lovely idea.
I do hope everything gets back to the 'throne room' very soon! Lol.
Hugs Linda xx

Pinkllilac said...

Love your card and bags Jacque, all the details are so fabulous.
Hugs Linda

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful creation. Nice done with the bags.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/