Monday, February 6, 2012

LOVE IS...at Wild Orchid Challenge



A very happy Monday to everyone! I hope you have all had a magnificent weekend and are moving into a fabulous week! I have done alot of resting up from last week's trip and I have been jet-lagged a gracious plenty!!! LOL...but I am ready to get back into the real swing of things...I think!!! And maybe very soon I can share with you some VERY EXCITING NEWS for me!!!! Does anybody want to guess??? Big Smile!!!!!

Today is the new challenge over at Wild Orchid Challenge and for this fortnight our theme is LOVE IS... and doesn't that sound fun!!!! We would love for you to come on over and join in with us...and you know there will be a magnificent prize, as always, from Wild Orchid Crafts. Jump over and have a peek and you will certainly want to try your luck this time!!!!

I made a card and candy box this time and I hope you like it! For the card I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting, the DP is from the Sweet Cakes Collection by Doodlebug Designs, and all panels are machine stitched. The absolutely darling image is from the newest release at Stampavie called Sweet Romance by Sarah Kay. The image was colored with Copics, Flexmarkers, and Promarkers. For the horizontal I used Deep Red Satin Ribbon tied into a double flat bow to dangle a puffed heart from the Mixed Heart Charm Collection. For the upper left corner I used a lovely Venice Lace Applique Heart as a base for the Red Crochet Flowers which are centered with a white pearl and resting on Mulberry Paper Rose Leaves. I used Self-Adhesive Pearls to soften all corners.



The M&M box is 3 1/8" square and is by Create & Treasure. I trimmed it with more red satin ribbon and White Lace Trimming, adding a small double flat bow. I used the same red crochet flowers and rose leaves for the top corners and large pearls for the feet.



On the first panel on the inside I used a MM metal Love of a Lifetime sign on red satin ribbon. For the jotting panel I used a White Paper Doily, another red satin bow and red crochet flower with rose leaf, as well as a MM Adore metal sign.

I hope you like my little creation today and will decide to come on over to Wild Orchid Challenge and show us your interpretation of the LOVE IS... theme!!

Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope you will want to come by often! Have a marvelous week and until the next time, I send big hugs!!

56 comments:

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

very sweet :)

Stampin Mindy said...

Gorgeous! How sweet is that image. You did a beauiful job. Have a great week my dear!

Hugs, Mindy

Knerten said...

This is beautiful, Jacque ! Love the all red colour, that is what love is, isn't it ?
Wishing you the nicest week :-)

Hlora said...

very nice image on the card! Love these girls))

Герцогиня said...

This is beautiful, Jacque! Love, love,love!

Lily Anuska said...

Very beautiful creation. Love this crochet flowers and lace heart. Have a great day. Lily Anuska

Sol said...

Fantastic Candy Box... Amazing. !!..
Great Colors. And I love the window on it.. Beautiful white Lace. and the red Bow is Perfect! :o)
Cute inside of the card too.. - :o) cute sentiment! :o)
Have a Great Week! :o)

Maria Therese said...

So cute ♥

Claudia said...

beautiful project!!!
hugs

Loz ♥ said...

mmm, is that chocolate in there? and those red crochet flowers are looking pretty delicious too! love it Jacque x

Only By His Grace said...

OMG! What a gorgeous card. I love this stamp and must try and get it. Very unusual for a Magnolia fan to want another brand stamp. I love your style with the crochet flowers and heart charm. the candy box is beautiful too. Lovely soft colors in your coloring.
Hugs Maz

Francy said...

Hi Jacque, the card is stunning but I love the box with candy is gorgeous. The crochet flowers are beautiful.
Great job.
Francy

Maryann said...

WOUW Jacque, this is so gorgeous, and a really love card. The color says love and the image says love and all is just so perfect and so gorgeous made as always hun. I love to watch your wonderful work always, it´s such a pleasure for the eyes.

fionalawlor said...

Beautiful card and the gift box is fab! especially with all the yummy sweeties lol
Fiona L x

Kelly said...

Beautiful creations! I am looking forward to hearing your exciting news! I love your blog x

Kelly said...

Beautiful creations! I am looking forward to hearing your exciting news! I love your blog x

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
just a quick post from me
it absolutly gorgeous hunni
the candy looks yummi
hugs angelique

Georgei said...

O my my
this is so beautiful

Gunilla/Nilla said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous. Love the pink with the red and your coloring is perfect, as always!

Can´t guess what your exciting news is BUT I bet it´s smashing!!

Love and hugs for you♥

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card and candy box! So lovely! Hugs, Ivonne

Lucy said...

Another great creation!

Lolô Artesanato said...

OMG, Gorgeous!!!!
xx
Leila

Tonje said...

Beautiful card! And the candy box is gorgeous! What a cute idea!

Johanna Visser said...

What a beautiful card and lovely candy box. colors are perfect together.

Love Johanna

Kym Weber said...

What a gorgeous card! The image is just darling and colored so beautifully! The papers are so pretty and wonderful embellishments! Fabulous candy box! Perfect for the special someone!

Lenoria said...

I love anything which uses M&Ms! My husband proposed to me by putting my engagement ring into a bag of M&Ms. He had placed it so it would fall out in my hand when he poured some M&Ms out for me. (Wasn't that a sweet idea?!) He had even sealed the bag back so I would not know it had been opened. Too bad he didn't know how to make this cute little box!

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi Wow what a beautiful idea ! The candy box is so sweet !! lol I love how you decorate the insides too ! Always an inspiation ! ;0)

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful. I love the matching box of m&ms. TFS.

Teri said...

Jacque, so happy to have you back!! LOL!! Absolutely gorgeous card, what a sweet image!! I am going to guess that Diana has asked you to be a part of the design team!! ( or are you already, because if not.. you should be!!) Have a fabulous week!
Hugs,
Teri

Martinas Welt said...

This is sooo beautiful!!! Is this a new sarah kay image? I love your card and box! Just gorgeous!!
Martina

Hanneke said...

So adorable! This would be a great gift, love those m&m's (now I want chocolate :p). Hugs, Hanneke

Vaktmästarn said...

A lovely set of card and gift box!
Hugs Outi

Kat said...

Gorgeous set Jacque. Love that colour combo and that sweet image.

Kat x

Linda said...

so beautiful
hugs Linda

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous creations, lovely colours, sweet image and love the little box!
Helen x

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, your card is gorgeous!! I love the DP's that you used. They are just perfect for the Stampavie image that you used. You have colored it so beautifully as always. And, the candy box... Sweetie it is gorgeous as well!! You took a plain white box and made it into a wonderful keepsake!! I love them both!!
Big Hugs,
Suzan

Sarah said...

Stunning card and gift box Jacque, love the colours and gorgeous details xxx

yvon said...

Hello Jacque,

Your creation is gorgeous and yummy, wow. Saw some pictures from CHA, you look absolut fantastic girl.
Hugs, Yvon

SherriC. said...

this is beautiful!!!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, I love the image
Lindsay xx

AnnS said...

Red is my favorite color, and your red card is beautiful.

Tess Ekwall said...

beautiful project!!!
have a great week!!
hugs / tess.

Cheryl said...

Wow , this is gorgeous, love the colours and the little candy box is adorable.
Hugs Cheryl

Marion said...

Wow Jacque,
This is just stunning. The image is soo sweet and love the colouring. Great candy box too.
Have a lovely restful week after your trip to CHA
hugs
Marion

Auntie Em said...

Your card and candle box are just darling! Love those sweet little crocheted flowers on the corners and the pearls for little feet on the box are such a lovely touch. A beautiful Valentine treat.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Harma said...

Lovely candy box Jacque.and I love the card great colours
Hugs harma

Traci S. said...

Oh Jacque,

This is sweet!I love the lace heart and flowers bunched together. The image is wonderful!
The little candy box is precious, too! I love the flowers with leaves and the white trim around it is so delicate. The red satin bows are so perfect! I am so glad you are back! (But wish you could keep having fun with your friends at CHA!)

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

Pendra said...

Beautiful card and love the candy box! I adore the little crocheted flowers! Great job!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

Helen said...

what a gorgeous card and box. Beautiful and yummie. Very curious about the exciting news .... Have a great week. Hugs

CraftyC said...

These are both gorgeous creations Jacque. The card is so pretty and I love the candy box!
Clairex

wilma said...

que maravilha!!!!! Parabéns!

wilma said...

que maravilha!!!!! Parabéns!

Julie P said...

Beautifully done Jacque
Hugs Julie P

Kim D said...

Hopping in from Bloggity Blog to say hello! http://my-bloggityblog.blogspot.com/

Maureen said...

Stunning, nothing else I can say. Your work always inspires me.
Maureen........x

Marie-Anne said...

Ohw, it's stunning and so sweet.

Marie-Anne