Monday, November 7, 2011

Wild Orchid Challenge and LOTV Sneaky Peeky!!



A very happy Monday to everyone! I hope you all had a magnificent weekend and will have a wonderful week. I was busy, busy, busy all weekend but hopefully things will start to settle down...before the snows come anyway...lolol

For this fortnight at Wild Orchid Challenge we were asked to use BLUE and BROWN on our cards/projects. This was a really fun one for me so please come on over and check out the DT sample cards and decide to join in with us--we would love to see your creations, too!!! In order to be eligible for the wonderful prize(s) always offered at the challenge, please remember to follow these little rules!!!
* All entries must have at least one WOC product
* You can combine our challenge with no more than 2 other challenges
* You must link back to the Wild Orchid Challenge blog
* NO back linking, new projects/cards only please

This is also my first SNEAKY PEEKY of the absolutely adorable images which are going to be available at the LOTV Web Shop on November 10...and Gosh, they are all so precious! You can check out more SNEAKY PEEKS of this Collection over at LOTV Ideas to Inspire!


For my card I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting, the DP is from the Bo Bunny Snowfall Collection, and all background panels are machine stitched. I used the sweet little Icy Angel from the new LOTV collection and she was stamped on X-Press It Blending Card and colored with Promarkers and FLEXMARKERS and let me tell you I am completely sold on the wonderful brush nib on these new markers. You all know that I love my Copics BUT the brush nibs on these markers are just wonderful....will tell you more about them very soon!!!! I also used alot of Glamour Dust, Stickles, and a touch of WOC's Fine Gold German Glass Glitter before cutting her out with Nesties. For the horizontal I used a wide brown grosgrain topped with light blue striped satin/organza ribbon. The floral treatments are made with Wild Orchid Craft products: Large Curly Wild Rose, Carnations, Aster Daisies, 1" Wild Rose, Tulips, and Decorative Crown Pins all resting on glitter snowflake ornaments. Finally I used Brown Self-Adhesive Pearls to soften the opposite corners. After my card was finished I wished that I had used 100 Grit Brown German Glass Glitter on the brown flowers.....sigh.

For the first panel on the inside I used double glitter snowflake ornaments topped with brown pearls. This sentiment is also included with the Icy Angel stamp...I cut it out with SB Fancy Tag and added a couple more brown pearls. The jotting panel has just a couple of smaller glitter snowflakes with pearls.

I hope you like my creation and will decide to join in with us over at the Wild Orchid Challenge...you will not believe the amazing prize!!!!

Thank you so much for your visit and I hope you will return often! It is always such a joy to see that you have been here. Have a wonderful week...and until the next time I send BIG HUGS!!!

30 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥♥
Love the paper too it's so delicious!!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
your card is magnificent sweetie
and what a super cute sneak peak hunni
my weekend was also very bizzy, i went to a scrap event, and boy oh boy, did i buy a lot? yes, LOL, on my blog you can see what i have
hugs angelique

Jolita said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colours.

Hugs, Jolita

Sara I. said...

The papers and roses are absolutely gorgeous -one of my fave color combos!! Love the image and all the hints of sparkle! xx

Knerten said...

Übergorgeous card, Jacque :-))

Mau xx said...

This is Gorgeous, Love the papers and the image is just adorable. Keep warm and cosy when the snow comes...brrr!!!! xxxx

Love crafts forever said...

Jacque this is gorgeous! I love your Snowflakes, and backing papers are amazing. And that image are so cute. Love Angels.
Hugs Nataliya

Christina C. said...

This is exquisite, Jacque.....the flowers are phenomenal and I adore this sweet angel.
You showcased this wonderful image magnificently. Beautiful work, inside and out!

Lorraine said...

this is so beautiful huni xx

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi I like the style of these new stamps. She is lovely in the blues. Love this colour combination. Your flowers are perfect. She goes do well with these pretty papers. Thanks for the peek ! Kitty :D

D K Crafts said...

Hi Jacque. Gorgeous card. Love blue and brown together and such an adorable image. Donna

Mary Lou said...

Hi Jacque~~Awhh this is a wonderful christmas card!1 Love the new LOTV release--thanks for the peaks:) Hope you have a marvelous day!!
Hugz

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, What a gorgeous Christmas card you have made!! The DP's are just perfect for this challenge. And, I love all the embellishment that you have added!! The sweet new image was colored so beautifully as always. I can't wait to try the new Flexmarkers.
Hugs,
Suzan

Candy said...

Beautiful card! Love the flowers and ribbon. Fantastic.
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Lesley at Grenouille said...

Love your pretty blue and brown card, Jacque! Lovely - inside and out! Hugs, Lesley

Moni said...

Fab card, and cute image. Love your coloring and fab papers you have used. Hugs,Moni

Helen said...

What a gorgeous card again. Enjoy your week. Hugs.

Larisa said...

This is just ridiculously adorable!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Jacque, I love the colours and details. The image is sooo cute and beautifully coloured x

Leanne said...

Oh! So cute. Love the image, the papers & color combo. In fact everything about it.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card. I just love the little angel image. TFS.

Frea said...

HI Jacque, what a gorgeous card, love those colours and those new stamps are absolutly scrumptious!! Hugs, Frea

Jolanda said...

your card is incredibly beautiful :)

Hanneke said...

What a wonderfull card! Love the flowers and the paper and that stamp is super cute! Hugs, Hanneke

yvon said...

Hi Jacque, your card is just super gorgeous. The papers are stunning and that image is adorable. WOW.
Hugs, Yvon xx

Danielle said...

Hello Jacque, your card is awesome. this image is sooo beautiful. And those papers are delightful, wondeful design. Your coloring of this cutie is just too beautiful.
Have a nice week.
Hugs.

Rufus said...

Another simply awesome card, Jacque! Don't work to hard on your various projects.
R/

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Jacque and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Maria Luisa- scrap said...

What a wonderfull card!
Hugs
Maria Luisa

Riet said...

So wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx