Monday, September 26, 2011

Sparkles and Stars at Wild Orchid Challenge


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you have begun what will be a marvelous week! Thank you all so much for your visits and I hope you will come by often!! I trust your week will be a special one indeed!

For the next two weeks at Wild Orchid Challenges we were asked to use SPARKLES and STARS on our cards/projects. Please remember to check out the simple rules for entering and come on over and join in with us! We would love to see your interpretation of Sparkles and Stars on your card/project and you will be in for the marvelous surprise from Wild Orchid Crafts!

For my card I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting, the DP is Kaisercraft December 25th, and all background panels are machine stitched. This DP has alot of metallic gold and reminds me of Olde World so I tried to carry that look throughout my card. The sweet image I used is from the latest LOTV release and is called Musical Christmas. The image was stamped on Cryogen White and colored with Copics and Promarkers adding a touch of Prisma Glitter to the wings and gorgeous WOC Gold German Glass Glitter to the wreaths on their heads. Don't you just love that glittery sparkle of the German Glass Glitter!!! I encircled the image with German tinsel and for the horizontal I used 1" Cream Organza Ribbon tied into a double bow, adding a star button. The floral treatment resting on MS branches is made of a 35mm Trellis Rose and 25mm Open Roses which were all covered heavily with more WOC Gold German Glass Glitter. I also added some Gold Double End Holly Berries and finished the front with a couple of Gold Filigree Metal Corners.


For the inside of my card I used some stars from the Christmas Wooden Shape Embellishment Set and covered them heavily with more German Glass Glitter and another organza bow. I think that German Glass Glitter gave those stars a very old look...what do you think? The gold embossed sentiment is from the LOTV Set 10-A5 Verses.

Thank you so much for dropping by today and I hope to see you again real soon. Remember to bring your Sparkles and Stars over to the Wild Orchid Challenge--we would love to have you join in with us this fortnight! Have a marvelous week and until the next time I send big hugs!!

60 comments:

Maris said...

hi Jaque ,a lot of bling bling but i love it xx

elena said...

Ohh! It's beautiful. I love angels. Greetings from Spain

Rea said...

Adorable!

miislucky said...

As always Jacque Your card is just beautiful! An awesome job!!!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
this is absolutly gorgeous hunni
i just love all the gold, how do you do it everytime sweetie, my compliments sweetie
hugs angelique

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Jacque!
Your card is just beautiful. I love the richness of all that gold. The little angels are is adorable and colored so lovely. I love the inside too.
Hugs Maz

Helen said...

Hi Jacque, this card really gives me a great X-mas feeling. It is super gorgeous. Have a great week. Sendig lots of hugs your way.

Margo said...

Hi Jaque,
I love this golden sparkling card !
Have a fabulous week !
Hugs
Margo

Wendy said...

Wowsers what a fab card it looks very rich and elegant love it

Wendy

Denise and Louise said...

Gorgeous card - love the tinsel around the image and those beautiful gold roses. This would take pride of place on any mantlepiece.
Denise xx

ulrike said...

Love your card, it's so beautiful!

theCook said...

I just love this golden card! Looks more like a jewel than a card to me :)

Cardgenie said...

Jacque, love the card today - it really meets the challenge guidelines!! The gold theme is so classic - I love it! Jean.xx

Semo said...

какая прелесть!!!!!!

Brigitte said...

WOW!!! That about describes it!!!
Brigitte

SusanLotus said...

Very beautiful and luxurious!

Larrik said...

I like this golden sparkling card !

D K Crafts said...

Hi Jacque. Really lovely card. The colours and detail are beautiful and the image is really sweet. Donna

Linda said...

what a gorgeous card
hugs Linda

Ksenia said...

Gorgeous card!
Love the colours!

Lucy said...

Are you kidding me??? Absolutely gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Such an amazing card Jacque, so much detail to look at! x

Kendra said...

This is so pretty and elegant!

Whisper said...

Wow all that glitters, really is gold :-), absolutely stunning, Luv Sam x

Danielle said...

OH! my goodness... I certainly chose the perfect blog to visit to start my week, "J'en ai plein les yeux!!!" WOW, dear Jacque, this card is SPECTACULAR. I love all the gold, this wonderful and sweetimage. You created a masterpiece. Each and every detail contributes to create such a golden harmony. I can't find words that would be enought to say how much I find your card fabulous.
Have a wonderful day, full of golden sun!
Hugs. & love. xoxoxo

Brenda said...

Just a STUNNING card!!

Teresa said...

How beautiful this card full of shine! That delicate the corner!
Have a beautiful week! A hug!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous.

Maureen said...

Gorgeous card, just love all that gold on this.
Well done.
Maureen......x

Anne said...

Fantastic card, loooove the colden style!

Dragonlady said...

OMG what a super sparkly stunner.

Hugs Ali x

wilma said...

Que coisa mais linda ... Parabéns pelo seu trabalho ! Que Deus te ilumine sempre. Um abraço

Marie-Anne said...

What a great card.

Marie-Anne

Luciana Kajiura said...

The card is so beautiful! Congratulations! I loved the color gold, ribbon, the stamp is so cute.
Hugs, Luciana.

Pendra said...

Beautiful card... and the Angels are heavenly! Love the gold sparkles!!

Kelly Schelske said...

So sparkly and gorgeous Jacque!

Debbie W said...

G'day Jacque, love this card. The colours and sparkles are gorgeous. Wishing you well.

Dot said...

Gorgeous,Jacque!
Hugs, Dorte

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous, adorable card Jacque.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Beth said...

Gorgeous card....love it! And this image is adorable!

Sue said...

Wowser Jacque!!! This is gorgeous!! Adorable image and beautiful paper - everything is just perfect, especially love the German Glitter and Tinsel and the lovely Bow and the Flowers and Berries - well Love it All!!! and inside is just as gorgeous - love those stars. Might have to get some of the German Glitter Glass !!!
Have a beautiful day!
Hugs Sue xx

Sandy said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. Jacque it looks like pure gold. I would like to buy a wedge of your talent. Can I use my Master Card?
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacque~

This card is fit to announce the birth of the King! I love the images and the use of the many gold embellishments and that special glitter! Your angel paper is just beautiful! I am just speechless...it is stunning! It surely sparkles and has stars!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

He IS Able!
Traci S.

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi what a luxurious card. Love your flowers and the wee star on the bow. Too beautiful to be a card I would hang this up !!! Super inspiration as always going to try out this glass glitter ! Kitty :D

La Vikinga said...

I like the way you have managed to combine a stamp with children playing instruments and also angels playing instruments on the patterned paper!

La Vikinga

ribenaruby said...

Hi Jacque, hope you're keeping well. This card has to be truly special...adorable image and I'm loving all the gold bling. Ruby x

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so sparkly and pretty! I love all the gold trims and glitter and the little angels are so sweet.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Ani said...

Wow! This is just stunning!

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Jacque. Don't see the gold scheme in a card that often and love the whole gold scheme of this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Paula said...

Stunning! This card is so beautiful! I love all the glitter! And the way you used the gold color, amazing!! GORGEOUS!!!

Hlora said...

It is cute! Love the gold colour here!

Debbie said...

Hi Jacque, the word I'd use to describe your gorgeous card is opulent. The golds you've used are amazing.Love it love it.Love Debbie x

Kitika said...

I love your beautiful design, Jacque.
Love the rich details and the sheen you added!
I love the glitter flowers and such fabulous colours - the result is drop dead gorgeous!!
Your little angels are adorable and super cute!

Tineke's hobby said...

Your card is just beautiful. I love the richness of all that gold.
Hugs Tineke

Caroljenks said...

Jacque this is so beautiful! The whole 'gold effect' is stunning - Love it :)

Carol x

Sol said...

Beautiful Goldie Card... the image is Absolutely Fantastic... Great idea with the glitter part around the image... Very Creative.. :o)

iRene-M said...

Oh my word!!! This is soooo lush - must be one of the most gorgeous cards ever :-)

x

cebelica said...

This card is absolutely stunning. I love it! Hugs!

akro mils said...

This is one of the best golden card. The image is absolutely fantastic and i will try to make it. Everything is perfect in this card.