Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Little Bears Christmas Tree at Wild Orchid Challenge and WINNER!!



Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you have begun what will be a marvelous week! Thank you all so much for your best wishes on my little R&R and it was a nice little getaway--hopefully the renewal will bring forth some more creative ideas...smile!! I think it does us all a little good to get away to new environs!

For the next two weeks at Wild Orchid Challenges we have a magnificent sketch by the inimitable Bev Rochester who has also asked that we use the sketch for a Christmas card. Please remember the following: All entries must have at least one WOC product on it. You can combine our challenge with no more than 2 other challenges. You must link back to the Wild Orchid Challenge blog. NO back linking, new projects/cards only please. So come on over and join in with us! We would love to see your interpretation of Bev's sketch on a Christmas card and you will be in for the marvelous surprise from Wild Orchid Crafts!

For my card I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting and .the DP is BG Nordic Holiday.The sweet image I used is Little Bears Christmas Tree from LOTV's latest release. The image was stamped on XPress-It Blending Card and colored with Copics and Promarkers, adding Stickles, WOC 100 Grit Gold German Glass Glitter. To finish the front of the card, I used a couple of tree buttons which were decorated with more German Glass Glitter, Holly Leaves, Poinsettias with German Glass Glitter centers, Small Filigree Silver Corner, and a Silk Ribbon bow to dangle a tree charm.


The inside is very simple and you will notice that I didn't do any machine stitching on this card, which was a new trial for me...lol.. I just added some of the same touches from the front...and that's it for this card!

I hope you like my little card and will decide to join us this fortnight at Wild Orchid Challenge...please drop over and see the gorgeous samples by the WOC DT!!!

Thank you all so much for dropping by and for your sweet and kind comments!!! But Mr. Random.org will only select one winner...BUT you know to be on the lookout VERY soon for some more SWEET STUFF!!! The WINNER is....Sarah from Sarah's Handmade Cardsx in the UK!! Congratulations, Sarah!! Please email me your mailing information before Friday, September 16 at 8 AM EST so that I can get your package right out to you!!

My sincere thanks to each of you for always dropping by and leaving me sweet messages. I hope you will want to come by often to see me! Have a beautiful week and until the next time, I send a big hug right to you!!!

39 comments:

Dot said...

Wonderful Christmas card with some small cuties.
hugs Dorte

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This soooo cute Sweetie. Love that image and the detail with the christmas trees is beautiful.

Love and hugs for you My Sweet Friend......and you know getting on a cruise is just smashing;=)!!

Larrik said...

So beautiful !!!!!!

Lorraine said...

oh this is so beautiful huni love the inside too xx

Kerryn said...

Such a lovely card!! I love how you decorate the insides as well. xxxxxx

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
what a super duper card hunni
the in and out side are just stunning
congrats to sarah for winning the sweet stuff
thanks for the chance sweetie
hugs angelique

Ellen said...

You've made a really lovely card. The image is so cute!

groetjes, Ellen

Christina C. said...

Absolutely A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! Such a precious image, colored to perfection! The elements on your card are PHENOMENAL...I am always amazed with all the wondrous details you find for your magnificent creations. The papers are luscious.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacque~

What a beautiful card. I love the way you colored this image. It is so soft and beautiful...like snow when it first falls. I can't believe how many little embellishments you managed to fit on one card! LOL It looks wonderful! I love the look of the papers on the front! Gorgeous...and great effect! This is a wonderful holiday card.

Also, thank you again for the chance to win some of that amazing "Sweet Stuff" that you share with us. You are so thoughtful and kind.

Congratulations, Sarah! I am sure you will enjoy all of these fabulous items!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

Margo said...

Oh Jacque they are soooo cute !!!!
Hugs
Margo

jules said...

wow gorgeous!!!!!

Maryann said...

Oh Jacque, such an asorable card again here. It looks so gorgeous, and such awesome chrissy colors too. Just awesome work as usual hun.
Congratulations with the sweet stuff Sarah, I´m sure, you´ll enjoy it dear friend.
Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous inside and out. TFS.

Danielle said...

Hello Jacque, How beautiful! I love this precious image, Sooooo cute. Your papers are rich and beautiful. Love those beautiful reds and greens, and all the lovely details you added, the little trees are tooo precious.
Absolutely delightful.
Have a lovely week too, dear Jacque.
Hugs.

Helen said...

What a gorgeous card. This image is really cute. Unfortunately I cannot join as I don't have anything from WoC. Maybe time for some shopping..... Have a fabulous week!

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Jacque its so cute and love your colours.
Hugs Linda

Tracy said...

Hi Jacque
A really fabulous design, love your image too. So gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Splashbunny said...

Thank you for the thank you, lol!
I love poping round and admiring your creations, it's always stunning!
Glad you had a lovely time away.
hugs
Zahreen
xxx

Crystal said...

SOOOOO sweet Jacque!!! LOVE this inside and out!!!

Love crafts forever said...

Lovely card Jacque. This little trees are so, so cute, just love them. Very adorable image too.
Hugs nataliya

Only By His Grace said...

Gorgeous card Jacque.
The image is darling and beautifully colored in. I love your layout and the inside is beautiful too. Love that bow.
Hugs Maz

CraftinGranny said...

I love it Jacque! Great inspiration and design. "Hugs" Carol

Kelly Schelske said...

Love it Jacque! Love those trees too!

ursula Uphof said...

This is such a lovely card again Jacque. The decoration is just perfect. Will have to do some shopping, as I don't have any of their products. Good that you are rested and recharged. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Leanne said...

Beautiful card both inside & out. I'm sure you're the only one who makes the inside of the card as beautiful as the outside.

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful Christmas card. Nice stamp.

Sarah gongrats.

Hugs AStrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Larisa said...

Gorgerous card!!!

Hlora said...

oh, I love the green card a lot. Love the ribbon and bow too)

debby4000 said...

Adorable, beautiful card Jacque
luv
Debby

Auntie Em said...

Your Christmas card is so pretty! I love the little sliding characters and the flowers and charms you used are gorgeous! I must go get my Christmas stamps out and start playing!
Thanks for sharing! :)

cebelica said...

Awwww, this is such a sweet card!

Sarah said...

Awww, your card is adorable Jacque, gorgeous colours and details. I need to get cracking with my Christmas cards, only made a couple so far. Thank you for the chance to win your candy and big congratulations to Sarah on winning xxx

AsilisA MaM said...

Adorable card again! I like this bright colour with a sweet image in soft colours and ecpecialy how you manage to add so litle elements, givven exctra dimensial look! Inside of the card can be the front indead!
good luck!

Knerten said...

Fabulous Christmas card, Jacque !

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

Hi Jacque - Wow I can't believe that I am the VERY lucky winner of your Christmas candy. Can't wait to start making my Christmas cards using those gorgeous stamps.

Your card is stunning - I love the new LOTV Christmas stamps. Love the ribbon on the inside too.

Hugs Sarahxx

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I love your card!!! It just SCREAMS Christmas ALL over it!!! lol
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Cardgenie said...

Love this card Jacque, very Chrismassy, which is odd as I'm sitting in glorious hot sunshine at the moment! Jean.xx

Susan said...

Such a lovely card! adorable image :)
Love the poinsettias and the corner adornment!
Susan

Kim. said...

Congrats to Sarah.
Gorgeous card, lovely image and great papers. Your button's always make such pretty embellishments.
Kim xXx