Monday, June 6, 2011

Sweetie Tilda at Wild Orchid Challenge


A very happy Monday to each of you!! I hope you have had a delightful weekend and are now starting into a fabulous week. With the amazingly HOT weather here, my garden is suffering because I can't stand it outside long enough to trim roses and check on everything else!! But that's ok...at least I can turn on AC and kick back...lolol

Yippppeeeeee!!! Today is the start of another fortnightly challenge over at Wild Orchid Challenge and this time we are thrilled to show you a fabulous sketch by the quintessentially talented and inspirational Bev from All The Things I Love. We would love for you to join in with us using this fun sketch and something from WOC in order to be eligible for the magnificent prize which is always offered by Wild Orchid Crafts. It is FABULOUS for sure!!!!

For my DT Sample Card I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting; the DP is from The Mariposa Stack by DCWV; and all background panels are machine stitched. For the top and bottom horizontal panels I used White Insertion Anglaise Lace topped with Self Adhesive Pearls at each of the eyelet motifs. Gosh!! What would I do without Wild Orchid Crafts?!?!? I used the little darling Sweetie Tilda who is from the brand new SWEET RAINBOW Collection which is now available over at Magnolia-licious. You will also see that the MINI counterparts for this collection are also now available!!! She was stamped on XPress Blending Card and colored with Copics before cutting her out with double Nesties. You can probably detect that I used a few drops of blending solution on a piece of terry and touched it to her dress so that it would look more like georgette...can ya tell?? All of the floral treatment is by Wild Orchid Crafts: 35mm Trellis Rose, Poppy Stem Flowers, and Hip Rosebuds. To finish the bottom swag I added small grosgrain bows to each end and additional Self Adhesive Pearls to soften all of the corners on the front.

I think the paper on the first panel on the inside is so lovely that I didn't want to embellish too much so I added more White Insertion Anglaise Lace, a grosgrain bow, and a silver butterfly charm dangle. For the second panel another horizontal of Lace topped with Self Adhesive Pearls. For the jotting spot I used double Nesties and a FloraDoodle butterfly for a touch of dimension.

I hope you like my little creation and will decide to join in with us over at the Wild Orchid Challenge--we would love to see you there! Also I would like to remind you that Wild Orchid Crafts is looking to recruit three talented DT members to join the existing team so if you would like to be considered please pop across to the Wild Orchid Crafts Blog to find out more information and to enter. The call will close at 8pm GMT on 12th June, so you still have time to consider the marvelous opportunity!!!

Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope to see you again real soon!! Have a great week!! Hugs!!

48 comments:

Maris said...

ohh woww she is so lovely, what a greta card

D K Crafts said...

Hi Jacque. This is really pretty. Love the colours and the flowers are gorgeous. Tilda looks so sweet and the insides are decorated beautifully too. Donna

theCook said...

Love the beautiful lace and the butterfly papers. I don't know how it looks in real life but I'm not a big fan of the whiter spots on Tilda's dress, I know you did it on purpose but on the picture I think it looks like the ink in your marker was running low... well, maybe it's just that I need to get accustomed to this style...

chrissy xx said...

Soooo pretty! Inside as well as out. LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the patterned paper you used and the garland under the little Tilda. She is so precious! I love the inside as well. I am working on finishing the inside of my cards more, since I am so inspired by your work but I still have a looonnnngggg way to go!
Thanks for sharing and inspiring today! :)

Suzi said...

Hi Jacque, This is so beautiful, I love all your papers, that lace and the ribbons are scrummy and of course sweet Tilda is the star of the show, she looks so pretty in red. I hope you have a lovely day.
Hugs
Suzi x

Heidi said...

What a stunning card. I really love the red color and your coloring is so great. Wonderful details

Hugs from
Heidi

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card sweetie :)

Chrissy said...

I think it just beautiful I love the papers,but not sure what DCWV is, so will google it. Gorgeous card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Beth said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Jacque! Have a wonderful day!

Jolita said...

Wow Jacque, this is soooo gorgeous!

Hugs, Jolita

Crafterkhush said...

Gorgeous Jacque.. Love the colors..

Hugs,
Khush

Heidi said...

Do you know Jacque, I can't decide whether I love the inside more than the outside of this card, they go so well together and the butterfly is gorgeous. Hugs Heidi ps you send me some of the heat if you like, scotland is cloudy today!

Gram's Treasures said...

Gorgeous....and each of the inside panels could easily make a great card too!
Joyce xx

petra,s cards said...

your card is just gorgeous!!!!
xx petra

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning sweety!! Wow! The colours are just perfect.xx

Stephanie said...

This is beautiful Jacque!! Love these papers, like you said to pretty to cover up.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Sarah said...

Wow, so beautiful Jacque, love the colours and the details are stunning. I've just purchased this gorgeous stamp but shhh don't tell my husband okay, if he asks it's one I've had for ages ;-)

Linda said...

What a gorgeous card
hugs Linda Dekker

Barb Hardeman said...

Just gorgeous Jacque! The red is such a happy color and paired with the beautiful paper it's just stunning. Hugs, Barb

ellabella said...

OMG this is amazing,I just adore your card, the colours are gorgeous, your colouring is fantastic...hugs

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card!

Marie-Anne

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my word, Jacque! I love this card! That paper is soooooo scrumptious!! Love all the red and the way you did your flowers and bows looks magnificent!! Love the lace too! Stay cool! hugs!!

Natali said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love red colour.. All detailes just fantastic!!! Love!!! Love!!! Love!!!!

True :) said...

Stunning card Jacque! As always!
I am so excited to be joining all of you WOC girls this month as a guest DT! I soooo love watching you create with all of their beautiful flowers!

Hugs,
True :D

Margreet said...

what an eyecatcher Jacque...beautiful!
xxx Margreet

Christina C. said...

OMG, Hon, what a magnificent work of art! The paper is absolutely luscious and Miss Tilda is exquisite!!!!!! This card is phenomenal....inside and out! Gorgeous details....lovely poppies!!!! Ohhhhhhh.....speechless!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I love the image you've used and the lace looks great. TFS.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jacque~

This card is fantastic! I love how you colored her with such bright colors...and how the flowers are lined up so nicely in front of her. I really, really love the dp! The inside is as lovely as the outside. I think this is wonderful...it is there last impression of the card. So, I do the inside also! There are many that don't.

Have you ever taken any professional art classes? Oh, I wanted to let you know, that we, over at The He IS Able Blog are celebrating our 1 year Blog-o-Versary with lots and lots of wonderful Blog Candy!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

Rene said...

Beautiful!!!!
Rene :D

Shanna Shands said...

WOW you really outdid yourself this time. This is soooooo lovely!

Riet said...

So wonderful card Jacque,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dora said...

Aww wow this is lovely, the red bows are really beautiful xx

Queenie Jeannie said...

Wonderful card! Love the colors on this one!!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is sublime, Jacque! What a beautiful Tilda! Lovely papers, gorgeous design! Hugs, Lesley

Dawnll said...

Stunning red design! I really like the texture to the dress- I have tried a few fabric swatches to play around- I am so new to it still.
Thanks for always sharing the inspiration.
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Cami said...

GORGEOUS card, Jacque! This DCWV DP is beautiful and you have put everything together so well, as always! What an inspiration to come home to! I just may have to CASE this card!
Hugs,
Cami

tammejean said...

wow! I love it!

Cassy said...

How pretty! The layout and dp are gorgeous!!
:o)
Cassy

E.T said...

beautiful! love that butterfly!

Esme said...

Beautiful card Jacque! I love poppies - they remind me of my Grandad as he had them all over his house in various forms (as was in the Royal British Legion)!
Esme xx

Tracey Brossart said...

Absolutely beautiful Jacque! You always have the most gorgeous papers!! And I love those red poppies...I got myself some from WOC a while back but haven't used them yet. I've been hording them instead...lol.! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Danielle said...

OH!!! my my... AWESOME card Jacque. Love all about it. Tilda is very Mademoiselle on this image, surrounded by those wonderful papers, she is all the more precious.
Love the gorgeous inside, with the little charm buttefly! VEry very lovely
Hugs.

Kim. said...

Gorgeous as always, cute image and the lace is amazing especially with the pearls added.
Kim xXx

Molecraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the colour!
Helen x

*Vicki* said...

Oh Jacque, this is wonderfully gorgeous hun!!

Divinity said...

this card is amazing!!! both the inside and the out! wow!!!

Brook said...

Beautiful card and I love the red!