Monday, May 23, 2011

Wild Orchid Challenge-Embossing and Layers!!



A very Happy Monday to everyone!!! Gosh I hope your weekend was as perfect as mine--lovely weather, alot accomplished, and loads of fun along the way!!! I hope you also have a marvelous week!! I know I intend to!!

Today is a new challenge over at Wild Orchid Challenge and for this fortnight (two weeks) the challenge is for embossing and at least 3 layers on your cards!!! What a fun challenge!!! And there is a magnificent prize being offered as usual by Wild Orchid Crafts and I just know you don't want to miss out on the wonderful chance!!! So please come over and see the magnificent DT Inspirational cards and then join in with us to show us your embossing and layers!!!!

For my DT Sample Card I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting and all background panels are machine stitched. The DP is from The Paper Studio's Mirabelle paper kit. I just love the multi-colored Toile de Jouy paper!! The darling image I used is LOTV Fairies-Bouquet which I stamped on XPress It Blending Card and colored with Copics, adding MS Florentine Gold glitter to her crown, Prisma Glitter to her wings, and Stickles and Liquid Pearls to the bouquet. She was cut out with triple Nesties and the image panel was dry embossed with the Nesties. For the vertical I used LOTV Clear Additions-Vintage Backgrounds heat embossed with Adirondack Cranberry EP onto a faint gingham check from the DP collection. For the right corners I used Gold Filigree Corners and embellished them with Self-Adhesive Pearls. I also added the same pearls to soften other corners and to give some definition to the left side of the card. For the horizontal I used an olive organza ribbon with a Webster's Pages Sparkler added to the bow. All of the floral treatment is from Wild Orchid Crafts: 35mm Trellis Rose , Cherry Blossom Stem Flowers, Aster Daisies, 15mm Open Roses.



For the first panel on the inside I used more of the heat embossed gingham paper and more olive organza ribbon and bows for the horizontal. I also heat embossed the lovely LOTV sentiment from the LOTV Set 10 - A5 Verses. For the second panel I used a pre-cut floral escutcheon shape topped by dry embossed triple round Nesties for the jotting spot. For a touch of dimension I also added additional Self-Adhesive Pearls as well as another organza bow.

I hope you like my little creation and will let me know what you think of it. I also hope that you will join with us for this challenge at Wild Orchid Challenge!!

Thank you so much for dropping by...please come back often!!! There are some SWEET STUFF opportunities on my right sidebar so I hope you will want to join in there too!! Until the next time, have a delightful week!! Sending a great big hug your way!!!

51 comments:

Linda said...

what a great card
hugs linda dekker

ursula Uphof said...

What a delightful card Jacque. Need to start up again, so maybe a good idea to go on over and have a look at the challenge. Warm wishes. and a great week ahead.

Maris said...

ohhhh waht a great card, love the papers you used, soo lovely and sort of vintage xx

Rea said...

Beautiful card, love it.

Chrissy said...

Those papers are devine...gorgeous.
Fabulous card, so detailed...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love the colors and vintage feel about this card! Great job!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh, love these colors Jacque! Gorgeous!!

Cheryl said...

Oh Jacque, what a absolutely beautiful card. Love it!
Hugs Cheryl

Liefs Ineke said...

Wat een schitterende kaart heb je weer gemaakt. Ik vind de kleuren fantastisch en het stempel is zo mooi.

Groetjes van Ineke

Riet said...

So wonderful card Jacque,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Candy said...

Most awesome card, Jacque!
Your papers are wonderful. Love the gold corners and pearls. The embellishment on your green bow is terrific. Love your sweet little image and how you have coloured her :o)
Hugs, Candy

theCook said...

Wow Jacque this is so elegant! Love the rich colors and the damask paper, and those filigree corners just add to the luxuous look of the card!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
i've had a lovely weekend
my hubby is just now back to rehab and see him over the weekend again at home
your card is so gorgeous, oh my oh my
have a great week hunni
hugs angelique

Sandra1968 said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! Very beautiful!
Hugs, Sandra

Kim Y. said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Françoise said...

Elle est très jolie cette carte Bravo Jacque
Bisous

Mandy's Magnolia cards said...

very very beautiful card!!
greetings, mandy

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Jacque, love the sweet image.
luv
Debby

Mona E said...

Oooohhhh, Jacque...this is just breathtakingly beautiful. Fantastic job on this. Loooove the papers and colours. Beautiful decorating of the inside too. Hugs...Mona

Sarah said...

Oh wow, such a beautiful card Jacque, I love the colours, very vintage and very gorgeous xxx

Elaina said...

Oh my, what a beautiful card you have created. It is so elegant and the colours are lovely. If it were mine I would not want to part with it.

Francy said...

Oh I love this card, it's gorgeous.
Francy

D K Crafts said...

Hi Jacque. Gorgeous card. Love the vintage colours and sweet image. Donna

Knerten said...

Beautiful card with lovely DP's and such a pretty image - beautifully coloured !

Helen said...

What a fantastic card.

Dobra said...

Wow very lovely a card
I like to see your work

Lucy said...

What a beautiful card! Amazing :)

Lolô Artesanato said...

One more time Lovely!!!!
xx

Teresa said...

I like the delicacy of this card! I would like to do something! have a nice week!

pinky said...

Gorgeous rich colours in this one Jacque, love the little cutie, its just a beautiful card.

Esme said...

Beautiful card Jacque - I love that image, and the colours are fab! Esme x

Fleur said...

Beautiful card Jacque, really elegant
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Dora said...

What a gorgeous card Jacque, beautiful stamp and flowers.. really elegant xx

Debby said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely, Miss Jacque! This is not your usual color pallette and I love it, such rich tones, and the DP's are fabulous!
Another winner my friend. Hugs.

Dawnll said...

This is so lovely- once again your inside is as beautiful as the outside.
I love those filigree corners- just ordered some myself and look forward to using them.
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Christina C. said...

Your design is fabulous and the image, totally precious! The papers and details are luscious.
Once again, you have created something beautiful which we can all admire. Love it!

Kim. said...

This is another beauty, great image and lovely designer papers.
Kim xXx

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous card. I just love those papers and ribbons. TFS.

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous colours!
Helen x

yvon said...

Gorgeous card Jacque, love it. Stunning creation also.
Hope you are oke.
Hugs, Yvon

Heidi said...

These papers are just amazing, they look fantastic with that lovely lotv fairy and the gorgeous dark red and green blooms. Heidi xx

Auntie Em said...

These cards are so precious! I love the sweet little sparkly angel. The papers you used are gorgeous. The soft organdy bows are perfect accents.
Thank you for sharing! :)

Danielle said...

Hello Dear Jacque, you created an amazing card. Love the layers, and the gorgeous papers. So cute how you placed a bouquet in the fairy's hands, gorgeous.
Hugs. & Love.

Sue said...

Hi Jacque, ooh what a gorgeous card! Love the colour combo and the image - the fairy is adorable and coloured perfectly! As always, you have decorated it beautifully inside and out!
Hugs Sue xx

Sabina said...

Hello,
a wunderful card, with wunderful papers.
Thank you for showing.
Greets Sabina

online parenting class said...

it looks so lovely!!

Alma said...

hello
this card so wonderful)
I have a question
where are winners of this candy http://jacquesmagnolias.blogspot.com/2011/05/whimsy-sweet-stuff-to-celebrate-new-may.html
I want to know it)
Waiting for an answer
Thanks in advance))

Natali said...

This card is really really really Beautiful!!! Love it sooooo much!!

Marion said...

Hi Jacque, Another stunning card and just love the colour combo and delicious papers. One of my fav LOTV stamps. Glad you had a good weekend.
hugs
Marion

ellabella said...

Absolutely awesome and beautiful! I always love how you put so many intricate details to all your cards.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful ribbons and bows. Beautiful colours. Beautiful card! Hugs, Lesley