Monday, May 9, 2011

A Garden of Wishes at Wild Orchid Challenge



Gosh, it's Monday already so I hope you have a delightful one and a splendid week! I also hope you enjoyed your weekend especially. I think beautiful weather has finally arrived in my part of the world and I am so darn happy about it!! So many of my roses are blooming and the world around me is WONDERFUL!!!

Today is the next challenge at Wild Orchid Challenge and for these two weeks we are using a magnificent sketch by the absolutely inimitable and inspirational Bev of All the Things I Love...she also asked that we have Mom or Mum in mind with our card! (I have my magnificent 81 year old Mom in mind all the time---she is in a Life Care Center after suffering a massive stroke 4 years ago which left her in a wheel chair and without any verbal abilities...sigh....But she is still my most marvelous inspiration!!!!) And of course there is a fabulous prize this time, as always, from Wild Orchid Crafts which you have to see to believe!!!! We would love for you to come on over and join in with us!! Also pop over and see the absolutely magnificent inspirational samples from my fellow DT members--the cards they have made are GORGEOUS!!!!

I made an easel card and matching gift box for my sample this fortnight. I used Bazzill for the base and for all double matting. The DP is from the Tilda Angel Love Paper Stack and all background panels are machine stitched. The image I used is the lovely LOTV Garden of Wishes which I colored with Copics and added a bit of sparkle with Prisma Glitter. All of the embellishments are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the most wonderful shop in the world for beautiful products and exceptional customer service!!!! I used a beautiful White Guipure Lace and you can see that in each of the openings in the lace I have added Self-Adhesive Pearls. For the floral treatments I used 25mm Wild Roses, 20mm Open Roses, and 15mm Open Roses along with Heart Shaped Pins from the Wheel. For the horizontals I used a 25mm Silver/Grey Organza Ribbon tied into double flat bows. The final touch was made with additional Pearls in two sizes to soften all of the corners.



This view will perhaps give you a better view of the easel card and the box. I simply covered a plain 6 3/4" X 6 3/4" brown box with the dotted DP so that it would be a compliment to the card. I also added Pearl brads to the bottom as footsies and decorated in the same manner as the card, adding the lovely White Guipure Lace around the lid's edge with Pearl inserts.

I hope you like my little submission and will let me know what you think of it!!! Please drop over to the Wild Orchid Challenge and join in with us or just peruse all of the lovely cards this week! We would love for you to follow our Challenge Blog and the Wild Orchid Crafts Store Blog so that you can see all of the beautiful products as they are introduced!!!!

Thank you so much for dropping by today!!! It is always such a joy to see you here and I hope you will want to drop by often!! Remember to check out SUNDAY SENSATIONS from Magnolia-licious and be on the lookout for the new release of the cutest little boys/bears over at LOTV on March 11 at Midnight UK Time...AND I am thinking some SWEET STUFF real soon!!!! Sending BIG HUGS your way!!!!

60 comments:

SherriC. said...

Oh My GOSH!!!!!!
this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
I just love to visit your blog, you are just amazing,
thank you sooooo much for all you do,

Cheryl said...

Oh My Goodness this is absolutely gorgeous Jacque, Love Love Love everything about it, now I am going to check out the challenge at WOC.
Hugs Cheryl

Crafterkhush said...

Wow.. What an amazing gift set.. Such a pretty card....The color combination is just so wonderful.. Totally gorgeous..Hope you had a super weekend...

Hugs,
Khush

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow both are stunning Jacque
Hugs Dianne xx

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Absoluely beautiful cards, so pretty!!! :-)

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are gorgeous. I just love the border you've used and what a fabulous image. TFS.

Chrissy said...

I think I just dislocated my jaw.......
My mouth dropped open at this master peace of beauty...I'll never be the same again...just stunning.I love the colours and papers, the image is gorgeous and the colouring...[sigh]
What more can I say...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Maris said...

ohhh wowww this is soooo beatyfull, how great this is xx

Maryann said...

WAUW this is just soooooooooooo gorgeous Jacque. I so LOOOOOOOOOOve this set. Youu´ve just outdone yourself here again hun. I don´t have enough words to desctibe the beauty, I see in these. Just breathtaking. And this lace is simply stunning, I´ve never seen anything like it anywhere in the world before. Your work is just simply perfect hun, and as always a pleasure to watch. You´re a genius in cardmaking hun. I just so love it.

Sarah said...

Wow, wow, wow, this is absolutely fabulous Jacque xxx

theCook said...

OMG this is soooo beautiful! Love the image, love the lace, love the (no) color scheme!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
this is such a amazing set
the one who will receive this would be trilled
love the image and the color, just wow
have a great week sweetie
hugs and kisses angelique

lilka said...

Wow! Piękne!!!

Frouwkje said...

Wauw!!! This is so BEAUTIFUL!!!

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi So exquisite !! So very beautiful. This is one of my all time fav stamps from LOTV. I love how the soft colours make the lace stand out. The flowers just add a touch of colour. We are so lucky to have wonderful mums !! Kitty :)

chrissy xx said...

Just Stunning!!
Chrissyxx

Judi said...

WOW! Do I need to say more?

Hugs

Judi x

Dobra said...

WAUW this is soooo beautiful.This stamp is pretty

Debs M said...

wow, these are beautiful! x

Mandy said...

Oh wow Jacques these are stunning
hugs Mandy xx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous sweetie!!

D K Crafts said...

Hi Jacque. Really stunning. Love the soft muted colours and the image is beautiful. Donna

Tasha said...

Oh wowzers this set is so beautiful!
love tasha xx

Lucy said...

Thanks! I received my order from Wild Orchards and they are gorgeous :)

petra,s cards said...

wauw gorgeous!!! great collours!
xx petra

Marlies said...

Your box and card are gorgeous! Lovely papers and colours!
hugs, Marlies

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card and giftbox.

Marie-Anne

Marion said...

Wow Jacque, Absolutely stunning. Box is decorated so beautifully and the card is just awesome.
hugs
Marion

Tammy said...

Sooooooooo Beautiful! You have created such a wonderful box and card. The colors are brillant. Have a super week!!!
smiles...always, Tammy

Teresa said...

That delicacy this card! I wish I could do something like that! is wonderful!
Have a good week!

Françoise said...

J'aime beaucoup c'est magnifique
Bisous

Sanna Saksija said...

Love this. So delicate.

paperpapier said...

what a wonderful gift set..it is elegant!

Riet said...

So wonderful Jacque,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Trina said...

So sorry about your mom... This is a seriously pretty project!

essemia said...

This is so beautiful.
Have a great evening.
Love Elzie

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, these are fabulous. Love that stamp and all the beuatiful detail. Marianne x

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous projects. They both look so elegant and the even better thing is that you match them so well in a set :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sara I. said...

Quite stunning!!! Love the monochromatic with the grey and beautiful lace! Beautiful gift set with the box - just fabulous!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Another amazing creation!! Simply gorgeous!!!!

Dawnll said...

Oh these are just stunning! That lace is so yummy reminds me of a piece of vintage I found some time back.
Love it sweetie!
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Molecraft said...

Wow, absolutely stunning!
Helen x

yvon said...

Wow Jacque, this is so beautiful. Love the grey, it looks so delecate. Beautiful image. Just stunning.
Hugs, Yvon

Helen said...

Such a sweet card

Auntie Em said...

Love your card and box set. Soo pretty! You are so lucky to have you Mom, even if she can't talk. You can still hold her hand, share your day and stories and cherish her. Please give her an extra hug for me when you see her next time. Just tell it's from someone missing her Mom!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!!! Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

Sue said...

Wow! this is heavenly - perfect card! Love everything about it.

Hugs Sue xx

christina d said...

They're gorgeous! You do such beautiful art. I'm glad you still have your Mom and she is your inspiration to boot!

Sharon in Arizona said...

You just blew my mind, Jacque!!!! I mean, I'm always so impressed with your projects, but this set is just out-of-this-world beautiful. I tell you, Jacque, you are the best advertisement the craft companies can have. You take their products to another dimension. I have to tell ya, I'm gonna have to run right out and buy these products. This card just takes my breath away. Thank you sooooo much for sharing. Hugs, Sharon :o)

Karen Wilson said...

Oh wow, this is STUNNING!! Absolutely gorgeous!! TFS!

Traci S. said...

Oh Jacque~
This is truly breath-taking! I love the way you colored this so softly, and the pearls and lace are just stunning! The box is a treasure itself...plus you could keep treasured cards in it. I love the dotted paper you chose, it blends right in with the lace. The flowers are just perfect for these pieces. I am sure your Mum or Mom would love it...it is so peaceful.

I am adding your Mom to my prayer list. Stranger things have happened!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

fionalawlor said...

Wow Jacque!! These are stunning and the lace you have used is so beautiful :)
Fiona x

CraftinGranny said...

I love the white on white, the gorgeous lace with the pearls added, and the fantastic gift box. Fabulous creations! "Hugs" Carol

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This is a magnificent set! I love love the colors and you have, as ALWAYS, added the most beautiful details. Who ever gets this as a gift must be the luckiest persone ever!!

Big hugs for you Sweetie

Tracey Brossart said...

Wow! You never stop amazing me Jacque!! Love the matching box with the card and that lace is gorgeous! :D

Big Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

kimmie_35 said...

You never fail to amaze me, Jacque... this is absolutely stunning! Honestly my jaw nearly hit the floor... so beautiful... wish someone would send me cards like this, wouldn't this make a beautiful ornament!
Hugs
Kim
x

Sol said...

This set is Beautiful!!.. Love the grey!! and the Bow is absolutely Perfect!!.. Lovely image too!! :o)

♪♫♥ Charity Crafter ♪♫♥ said...

This is gorgeous x Leigh x

Anji78 said...

Wow! Just amazing! Love the little roses, lace and peals! Fab work!

lucretia said...

What an absolutely beautiful box.